It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ruth Graham, Billy's wife, died in 2007.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Here's another resource for anyone experiencing these kinds of things that wants to find a logical basis for the occurrences:

Forgetfulness — 7 types of normal memory problems - Harvard Medical Publications, Harvard Medical School

1. Transience

This is the tendency to forget facts or events over time. You are most likely to forget information soon after you learn it.

2. Absentmindedness

This type of forgetting occurs when you don’t pay close enough attention. You forget where you just put your pen because you didn’t focus on where you put it in the first place. You were thinking of something else (or, perhaps, nothing in particular), so your brain didn’t encode the information securely.

3. Blocking

Someone asks you a question and the answer is right on the tip of your tongue — you know that you know it, but you just can’t think of it. This is perhaps the most familiar example of blocking, the temporary inability to retrieve a memory. In many cases, the barrier is a memory similar to the one you’re looking for, and you retrieve the wrong one.

4. Misattribution

Misattribution occurs when you remember something accurately in part, but misattribute some detail, like the time, place, or person involved. Another kind of misattribution occurs when you believe a thought you had was totally original when, in fact, it came from something you had previously read or heard but had forgotten about.

5. Suggestibility

Suggestibility is the vulnerability of your memory to the power of suggestion — information that you learn about an occurrence after the fact becomes incorporated into your memory of the incident, even though you did not experience these details.

6. Bias

Even the sharpest memory isn’t a flawless snapshot of reality. In your memory, your perceptions are filtered by your personal biases — experiences, beliefs, prior knowledge, and even your mood at the moment. Your biases affect your perceptions and experiences when they’re being encoded in your brain. And when you retrieve a memory, your mood and other biases at that moment can influence what information you actually recall.

7. Persistence

Most people worry about forgetting things. But in some cases people are tormented by memories they wish they could forget, but can’t. The persistence of memories of traumatic events, negative feelings, and ongoing fears is another form of memory problem. Some of these memories accurately reflect horrifying events, while others may be negative distortions of reality. People suffering from depression are particularly prone to having persistent, disturbing memories. So are people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD can result from many different forms of traumatic exposure — for example, sexual abuse or wartime experiences. Flashbacks, which are persistent, intrusive memories of the traumatic event, are a core feature of PTSD.

All of these are normal, all of us experience them, and none of them should make anyone feel alone, or isolated.

We're all just human, after all.

Just remember though...unless you are now asserting that it is you who believes that he is somehow "special" and therefore our explanations are less reasonable than yours, you just issued yourself a challenge, there.

In other words, if you are in fact holding to the newest approach, that "we're all in this together", and you're not actually attempting to browbeat anyone into submission by spamming the same tired litany repeatedly throughout the thread, which is what you appear to be doing, then the information you are insisting is proof of your favorite pet obsession is equally applicable to you in turn.

You are currently back to telling us that we're not different after all once again, and that we are now just as human as you are, correct? We are the same, yeah?

It could then by your own logic be you who are "misremembering" and we who have total recall. Perhaps it is you rather than we who are in the throes of some cult-induced delirium or group hallucination..
you've already confirmed your baffling, adolescent desire to be the center of attention, so we can check that off the list.

If you deny that this possibility exists, that you could be completely delusional or just woefully absentminded, as well as we could, then you are directly contradicting your own rules and defying your own limited, rigid doctrine.

And if you do in fact admit that it is entirely possible that your own, equally fallible memory could be the culprit here (after all, you are kind of representing the minority contingent in this group and largely without their support; you are the only one displaying this obsessive behavior), then it might be wise to consider the path of simple common decency rather than continuing to alienate your fellow members by harassing them until they no longer wish to acknowledge you with a reply.

To sum up, what is good for the goose here damn well better be equally good for the gander. If not, then you are simply proving that what everyone is accusing you of is true.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Frankly, what is your deal?

I have not tried to browbeat anyone here about anything. I have not attacked you or insulted you but you certainly cannot say the same in regard to these taunting posts ...

Of course I can make mistakes and of course I could be delusional. However I, just as you apparently have, considered the facts involved here and came to a conclusion.

My conclusion is that in every case presented thus far, errors in memory, perception or cognition can account for each one.

That's all I've said. Interestingly, I have provided backup for many of my claims ... Objective real world backup. Can you say the same?

Please now, take your off-topic obsession with what I have to say and direct it into something more positive. Plenty of my "fellow members" are interacting with me just fine, but please, make good on the threat to just ignore me - I'm certainly not here to answer to you or your groupies.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well I've found you rather pleasant, reasonable and open to weirdness this ... weird.

Many of my own divergences have been mentioned, but not all...and I'm still finding the 'explanations' for dilemna's quantum spelling lacking.

I grant that map errors and celebrity deaths (or any details of their usually stupid lives) are lacking in that "WTF" factor, but there are some definite possible ME's there, too...

But then I've lived some rare highly strange things ...and something along the lines of a many-worlds blurring doesn't really spin me out... though it IS ...uhm, noteworthy?

Eta: But just becuase someone finds a narrative suspect doesn't make them a shill or guardian for the evil quantum computer running this world!
edit on 5/4/2016 by Baddogma because: lost my point and then found it again

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
... Oh by the way Depend Undergarments are documented all the way back to 1984 ... But as far as oddly non aligned ... In a 2008 book review in the NYT of David Foster Wallace's 1996 book Infinite Jest

New York Times - "Year of The Depend Adult Undergarment"

edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Lol thanks.

Of course it's noteworthy! I'm looking for one I can't understand as I have indicated.

Anyone should be three and excited by proof of that idea/theory!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

See my clarification/edit above... and David F Wallace IS still dead by suicide, right? My exSO knew him, btw, and was (more) torn up by his suicide... same person I discussed Louie Anderson's apparent non-death with.

Seriously, though.. .some of these are, for me and others, apparently, like DFW suddenly being alive... but then again, it's always peripheral characters in the narrative that are alive/dead .. .doesn't add legitimacy, but doesn't take it away, either, in a 'probability chain blur' sense.

edit on 5/4/2016 by Baddogma because: added for clarity

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
While sitting up here on the fence I decided to climb down for a little while, stretch my legs and look into how current science may be able to explain this without it being a memory issue. Please keep in mind that I am speculating here..a little wildly i suppose but whatever...

The time travel aspect to me seems like the most likely, but that could be my own bias due to too many science fiction novels in my younger days. The theoretical science is there such as traveling through black holes or riding the gravity of cosmic strings but alas...not one shred of evidence that any of those ideas would work and of course there's the whole problem of building spaceships and such and I sure don't remember that happening..umm...it didn't, right? So, unless there is some sort of secret technology that could do it here on earth, I guess I'll move on.

Next I started looking for parallel universes and it seems that science has been looking for them too...
The Case for Parallel Universes ..and may have found proof that they exist. Granted, it's not 100 percent proof but it is still well within the realm of being possible. Considering that Quantum weirdness passes the atomic walk test and there are no more loopholes in Bell's Inequailty Test, the idea that data may move not only at a "spooky distance" but also between universes is not really that far-fetched. Is it? Or maybe instead of data it's consciousness that gets juxtaposed when universes bump and our counterparts in the other universe are just as confused as some here are. or maybe they just chalk it up to bad memory and move on. How would we even know the difference except for those errant memories?

Ok, going back up on the fence where I feel safe

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I understand and can sympathize.

Actually, a decent question asked above has me scratching my head.

Why is this (apparently) such a concentrated phenomenon in the US (only)? (Or is it?)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Big Pharma screwing us sideways? Fluoride in the toothpaste? WiFi Brain Entrainment Waves from the NSA? Beats me...

I would've slowly backed away and read from the sidelines for the laughs if not for Anderson/Rickles/dilemna.. .heh.

The "incident" happening in some high level facility in middle America that is echoing back through time/worlds postulated before?

Or my favorite, the secret space guys using our dreams to compute their supra-luminal trajectories and generating reality distorting waves through the 'verses via their propulsion systems.

One I really dislike is the 'Jeebus is coming back with an attitude and it's the upcoming rapture' (again and forever).. .sigh.

edit on 5/4/2016 by Baddogma because: add distorting

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Don't get me started on possible connections between mass confusion and religion ...

"How can millions (billions) of people be wrong about [X], [y], [z]???"

Well, let me show you what I see EVERY DAMNED DAY ... (LOL).

For you Baddogma ...

Now IF I were going with an "alternate" explanation for some of these "anomalies" ...

I'd adjust the "quantum" angle a bit ... rather than quantum seepage/shifting/echoing/swiss-cheesing focused through the fabric of the universe (or quantum foam if you will) ... I'd be more tilted toward believing that the only "change" comes in our own "quantum receivers" (i.e. our own "mental state" or "reality paradigm" or "perceptual matrix" as it were.)

That's why I was a bit startled when Imjack stated (rather out of the blue as it were) that his "time travel" didn't require a physical machine but merely "understanding the equations."

In the old days, I might have considered that an "anomalous congruence" ... as it were.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That discussion between you two resonated with me via another angle (rather than a working perfect understanding of quantum theory/maths)... really, it's slightly logical 'mysticism' mixed with quasi b.s. quantum theory and a private guess as to how the world works from the aberrations I (think I) have seen.

So, yeah... good guess!

eta: and if so, i wonder what screwed up our grey matter "quantum tuners"? Heh, back to ... Jeebus? and really, errant beliefs could do it, imho!

edit on 5/4/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peewee1263

I just came across this.
Maybe this is how all the confusion with who the actual inventor was, began.
But I don't even know what is real or not anymore.
www.uh.edu...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have been abstaining from this topic for the last few days for reasons of maintenance of my own sanity! But I was compelled to put a YouTube video up, discussing the peculiar insistence of certain posters in this thread who relentlessly want to remind people about faulty memories.

Well, I don't know if that works but here's the link to copy and paste if anyone wants to watch. I am retired from this topic!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-5-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Since I'm one of the "relentless" posters, I wanted to let you know ... your video isn't working.

Here you go:

edit on 5-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The timeline changed again.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

On that subject, again, of "shills" ... just want to remind folks that this is truly the kind of territory where insanity can breed... and folks can run off into Weird World, never to return... and nobody is immune to cognitive malfunction, or, conversely, seeing rare truths that most cannot, and paranoid thoughts are not constructive or healthy and can lead one down some dark, untrue paths. Paths darker than thinking the universe is changing in innocuous, trivial ways.

Just because someone wants to flex their intellect and education, doesn't mean they are part of the evil cabal... maybe they are simply trying to save their fellow humans from falling down a deep rabbit hole because of what they perceive as false notions! They might just empathize and not want to see their fellows suffer real mental distress (or are actually "empaths").

The "shills" could simply be from our new universe where this stuff is obviously faulty memory, and we should act like the confused, lost guests we are (kidding, but not completely).

Now, as to why this could be, playing the "okay, suppose this is legit" game... 'merging universes' seems to be the broadest, vaguest explanation... and modern science takes the multiverse very seriously, as it does the notion that this universe is not at all "real" ... in fact, the latest theories say it's one or the other, with no in-between, so this shouldn't spin folks out IF true.... life will go on (until it doesn't) as usual... just with a whole lot more surprises, I guess, and shows like "Jeopardy" an oddity from a more concrete past.

And as another guess as to cause, maybe Philip K Dick (and the Gnostics) was correct... maybe this universe is an illusion by a misguided entity with a god complex, and some nicer entity is trying to let us know and allow us to wake up gently, with little hints... that's almost comforting, right? It means we'll all consider the stupidity, greed, meanness and murder of the old Earth as a really crappy nightmare!

Well, that's better than early, mass Alzheimer's, anyway.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

originally posted by: carewemust
What is the most recent wide-spread "Mandela Effect" event? It seems that most of those cited in this thread occurred in the last century...before 2000. I haven't read all 60 pages pf this thread though.

I would have to agree...haven't heard any "recent" ME phenomenon.

Yes you have. I myself cited both the Prince lyrics and Andrew Zimmerman. Both of those were recent. And the Depends changed recently too. A few weeks ago, in fact.

I actually made a joke about it, that they must have thought taking the 'S' off would make the name look classier. My husband was there. We were at Walmart, a rare occurrence, buying blankets for rescue dogs. We were also buying mattress pads and they were right next to the adult diapers.

Oh yeah...the Prince bit I've read on the early pages of this thread, Zimmerman as well and Depends. Actually what I meant to say was I haven't heard any "recent" -- meaning new or fresh since this thread came about. Well...the Tank Man came mid way I think, so as Looney Tunes...

The last quarter of this thread has been a back and forth between Faulty Memory vs Parallel Universe hence I thought there was nothing recent to add...threadwise not historical chronology wise.

And also I'm not originally from the U.S. although I've lived there and gone back and forth on business and leisure trips. So I won't pretend to know the Berenstain bears or Reba or Depends...I know Prince, Zimmerman, Aykroyd...basically the hollywood exports.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

imjack was sharing their understanding of how actual time travel works.

On one element, it reminded me of the writings of Aleister Crowley.

Okay...thanks. I'm not much into the magic/math/numerology thing so I'll leave you two to it then and just understand what I can

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
While sitting up here on the fence I decided to climb down for a little while, stretch my legs and look into how current science may be able to explain this without it being a memory issue. Please keep in mind that I am speculating here..a little wildly i suppose but whatever...

The time travel aspect to me seems like the most likely, but that could be my own bias due to too many science fiction novels in my younger days. The theoretical science is there such as traveling through black holes or riding the gravity of cosmic strings but alas...not one shred of evidence that any of those ideas would work and of course there's the whole problem of building spaceships and such and I sure don't remember that happening..umm...it didn't, right? So, unless there is some sort of secret technology that could do it here on earth, I guess I'll move on.

Next I started looking for parallel universes and it seems that science has been looking for them too...
The Case for Parallel Universes ..and may have found proof that they exist. Granted, it's not 100 percent proof but it is still well within the realm of being possible. Considering that Quantum weirdness passes the atomic walk test and there are no more loopholes in Bell's Inequailty Test, the idea that data may move not only at a "spooky distance" but also between universes is not really that far-fetched. Is it? Or maybe instead of data it's consciousness that gets juxtaposed when universes bump and our counterparts in the other universe are just as confused as some here are. or maybe they just chalk it up to bad memory and move on. How would we even know the difference except for those errant memories?

Ok, going back up on the fence where I feel safe

Thank you for bestowing gifts upon us from the fence. There may be an answer in sight yet that'll satisfy everyone. Stay safe!

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join