It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm not talking about anyone's subjective reality. I cannot tell anyone what they feel (or think, or believe).

I have said one thing basically throughout: there is a relatively mundane explanation for every "Mandala Event" that I have encountered.

I haven't told anyone they were idiots (not to mention, trolls, shills, narcissists) because I don't agree with their explanation.

I don't simply kow-tow to the idea that every opinion is equally valid. Some opinions, are absurd, and yet, I (as opposed to others here) have typically only addressed such questions when they were addressed to me.

Would you say that in reality ... or perhaps objective reality ... there's no correct and incorrect?

If all of reality is merely personal opinion, then, yes, that varies by the person: for me, that way lies madness.

Follow-up: What do you hope to accomplish with this observation and how does it apply to the explanation/review of "the Mandala Effect" as outlined by OP.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

The answer is could it be ME or is it just me.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

The answer is could it be ME or is it just me.

/thread

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How difficult it is to try to explain what is not personal or relevant to another.

If it is mundane, one memory gone bad... then what if it is a couple of memories? Several "Bernstein Bears" folk have asked, "If it is only a mis-remembered event, then how come I remember asking 'is it pronounced "STIEN" or "STEEN" to parental unit"?

And for me it is even further. I was told "STEEN" and I quipped, "Why do they have a Jewish name? The mom doesn't look Jewish?" Which got me a stern talking to about race (first time I ever heard and talked about "stereotype"). That is a fundamental part of my being and why I treat race relations how I do.

There is no mundane explanation for that. Unless, maybe I don't exist??

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

How difficult it is to try to explain what is not personal or relevant to another.

If it is mundane, one memory gone bad... then what if it is a couple of memories? Several "Bernstein Bears" folk have asked, "If it is only a mis-remembered event, then how come I remember asking 'is it pronounced "STIEN" or "STEEN" to parental unit"?

And for me it is even further. I was told "STEEN" and I quipped, "Why do they have a Jewish name? The mom doesn't look Jewish?" Which got me a stern talking to about race (first time I ever heard and talked about "stereotype"). That is a fundamental part of my being and why I treat race relations how I do.

There is no mundane explanation for that. Unless, maybe I don't exist??

I haven't commented (well, with a few exceptions) on what people personally believe. It is not in my purview to do so.

I have shared what my analysis has shown me. That is all. To me it goes without saying that "you can believe what you want to believe" ... and further, that's not even dignified for one person to say to another ... of course we can! Freedom of thought, of speech, of belief ... fundamental human rights.

The topic here is speculation about the so-called "Mandela Effect" ... what it is, what it means, what it signifies, etc.

I can and only have offered my take on the matter. When engaged, I have responded. I have offered some very basic resources on memory, perception and cognition.

Perhaps you can tell me ... why is that so problematic?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i guess it´s my memory again but i was just seriously shocked when i found out that it seems to be "Looney Tunes" and not "Looney Toons".
Looney Tunes ? seriously ... gave me the mandela-effect so to say.
haha the more one looks at this the wackier it gets...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
i guess it´s my memory again but i was just seriously shocked when i found out that it seems to be "Looney Tunes" and not "Looney Toons".
Looney Tunes ? seriously ... gave me the mandela-effect so to say.
haha the more one looks at this the wackier it gets...

Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies both "competing" with Disney's "Silly Symphonies."

That's where the "musical motif" derived from, I would think.

As I remember it the shortened "Toons" was resultant from the movie "Who Framed Roddie Rabbit?"

(And of course then we had the series "Tiny Toons" in the 90s ...)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I do not find it problematic! I find the topic fascinating because there seems to be a super position occurring (two different events at the same time). And the occurrence is what needs the attention. How can it occur? What does it mean? Why only some people? Why only some countries?

I totally agree. Memory is fallible. But there is more to memory than "did I leave my keys on the counter" with a quick check of the counter and a binary Yes|No answer. What the whole ME is asking is not a "yes or no" but "what if both are right"? How can my mind deal with that? How does yours? Why the differences? As for me, meh, so now it has different spelling I have to live with. But that does not address questions asked above.

There are mundane answers for many things (you keys are still in the doorknob, for example, and not on the counter like you thought). For me, it is beyond spelling and faulty memory. This time it is personal.

[ETA: The last line is a joke aimed the ME and my lame sense of humor]

edit on 4-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: sometimes an emoticon won't cut it

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

yes roger rabbit and tiny toons twisted it for me- i know it was a memory effect - but it was also like a small mandela-effect-shock.
lol
after some searching and reading i´m convinced that its my memory mixed with said roger rabbit movie and tiny toons - resulting in Looney Toons.
weird how it surprised me for a moment.

you almost had me with Roddie Rabbit ... loool

edit on 4-5-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2016 by glowdog because: typosalad

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I do not find it problematic! I find the topic fascinating because there seems to be a super position occurring (two different events at the same time). And the occurrence is what needs the attention. How can it occur? What does it mean? Why only some people? Why only some countries?

I totally agree. Memory is fallible. But there is more to memory than "did I leave my keys on the counter" with a quick check of the counter and a binary Yes|No answer. What the whole ME is asking is not a "yes or no" but "what if both are right"? How can my mind deal with that? How does yours? Why the differences? As for me, meh, so now it has different spelling I have to live with. But that does not address questions asked above.

There are mundane answers for many things (you keys are still in the doorknob, for example, and not on the counter like you thought). For me, it is beyond spelling and faulty memory. This time it is personal.

What if both are right? Hmmm. Well, yeah, sure. That's reality.

We are all a product of both subjective experience and objective reality. In other words it may be true that someone absolutely with all their heart believes that "X is true" (real for them) when it is demonstrably not true in the real world (not real for the rest of us.)

And of course, quantitative balance between those two extremes, obviously.

The idea that because ten, a thousand or millions of people BELIEVE or experience something doesn't make it TRUE.

Further, I'm not offering my solution to anyone in place of their solutions. However, for those who join the discussion or read along, I do feel like it's important to provide my own answers alongside the more fantastic ones.

No, I wasn't saying that you personally have a problem with it ... but there have been some issues here; I thought that's what you intended to address with your comment.

edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   
a reply to: imjack

Well, that didn't help! ; )

Who else could you mean by "he?" Well, roughly 3.5 billion at last count... far more if followed by a modifier like "was." If a Christian, or similar, than that narrows "He" down, I suppose... but... erk?

Sigh... what's so difficult about specifics? If I had rare info/explanations, rather than just my own observations of weird events followed by a huge question mark, as is my predicament since observing utter weirdness years ago and since, then I'd make the attempt to walk my fellow sentient critters through the possible explanations rattling around my skull, is all, because, despite the errant a-holes, I like sentient critters and think existence would be pretty empty/lonely without them.

Throw me a line... the water is just about nostril level at this point...

link   

originally posted by: glowdog

yes roger rabbit and tiny toons twisted it for me- i know it was a memory effect - but it was also like a small mandela-effect-shock.
lol
after some searching and reading i´m convinced that its my memory mixed with said roger rabbit movie and tiny toons - resulting in Looney Toons.
weird how it surprised me for a moment.

you almost had me with Roddie Rabbit ... loool

You mean, it wasn't Roddie Rabbit???

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

In my interchange with imjack I had to constantly remember that in Skunk Works, frustratingly at times, we aren't allowed to ask for evidence to support what might seem to be rather wild claims.

They do have a unique way of expressing themselves though, don't they?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Now you have it! For those "stuck" in their delusional state of "fantasy, and circular logic" with "bad memories" and "not knowing how to read/spell/remember" which is the long way around of saying, "those who think/wish/believe" they are in a ME world, IT IS REALITY. Both being true at the same time, that is.

PS - Oh, and I added a note to the original to state it was my bad attempt at humor.
edit on 4-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Now you have it! For those "stuck" in their delusional state of "fantasy, and circular logic" with "bad memories" and "not knowing how to read/spell/remember" which is the long way around of saying, "those who think/wish/believe" they are in a ME world, IT IS REALITY. Both being true at the same time, that is.

PS - Oh, and I added a note to the original to state it was my bad attempt humor.

Yes, I know that I "have it" LOL.

I haven't, to my knowledge said anything about "fantasy and circular logic" or "not knowing how to read, etc."

Perhaps you're addressing that elsewhere. I have only said what I have said, and that is all I can account for.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sorry. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Mea culpa.

And yes, it is madness! How many people choose the mundane and not face an unsettling question of "how can I be correct and wrong at the same time"? A lot is my guess.

As Iron Maiden once asked: Can I play with madness?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Sorry. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Mea culpa.

And yes, it is madness! How many people choose the mundane and not face an unsettling question of "how can I be correct and wrong at the same time"? A lot is my guess.

As Iron Maiden once asked: Can I play with madness?

No worries. We all make mistakes.

Choosing the mundane solution to these "Mandela Effects" does not necessarily mean that someone is "not facing an unsettling question."

It can merely mean that we have faced aspects of these (and far, far more troubling conundrums) before, and have found the solution that works best for us. Mundane as opposed to fantastic?

As imjack reminded me above, I have no problem considering the fantastic. After I do so, however, I have thus far found myself back in the logic and reason camp.

Your mileage may vary.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Edit to add emoticon

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

originally posted by: carewemust
What is the most recent wide-spread "Mandela Effect" event? It seems that most of those cited in this thread occurred in the last century...before 2000. I haven't read all 60 pages pf this thread though.

I would have to agree...haven't heard any "recent" ME phenomenon.

Yes you have. I myself cited both the Prince lyrics and Andrew Zimmerman. Both of those were recent. And the Depends changed recently too. A few weeks ago, in fact.

I actually made a joke about it, that they must have thought taking the 'S' off would make the name look classier. My husband was there. We were at Walmart, a rare occurrence, buying blankets for rescue dogs. We were also buying mattress pads and they were right next to the adult diapers.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I watched Snow White daily as a child and strictly remember hearing "mirror,mirror" and I was terrified of the Queen so it stuck with me, I also remember seeing Reba McIntyre numerous times as text, on tv shows, music videos, award shows etc.

I'm not going to pretend to know why though, however there are very interesting theories floating about. I think a lot of these are explainable but some are a lot trickier to explain, specifically people remembering a celebrity death vividly to find out years later they were alive.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I actually called my parents about this because they would remember it better than me, it was more in their time. They remembered Billy Graham but did not remember him dying. There was a preacher that we used to watch on TV, but he is still alive. There are other possibilities, of public figures that they remember talking about who had funerals aired to some extent, but none that match what I remember. I remember hearing that Billy Graham had died, but I can't really say when this would have been for sure. A long time ago, but I may be confusing some of the specifics of his death with someone else's death. It is too vague. All I can say for sure is that I remember that he had died. Wish I could be more helpful.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join