It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NotA#

One is for the movie, the there is for merchandise.

No, I am your father only makes sense in the context of the movie. You know and see both parties in the conversation and who they are referring to.

Luke, I am your father makes sense for merchandise, especially merchandise with no images which would have no context.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Charles Darwin's famous book.... was it...

The Origin of Species?
or
On The Origin of Species?

G

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life

Note, "races" did not refer to human races.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

what difference does it make ?

google will give you the correct answer faster than you could have typed that post

but meanwhile mandela delusion cultists will claim thier memory is the " troof "

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

again - having to repeat myself :

the mandela delusion believers - claim " changes " - that would logically trigger a cascade of other changes - that they utterly fail to mention [ even when directly asked - and i and others have ]

a posterchild = " new zealand has moved "

the knock on changes of new zealand being in a different place are monumental - but none of the mandela delusion cultists have noted a single logical consequence

go figure

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This whole thread reminds me of the artist formerly known as Prints.

tongue in cheek so to speak

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So this could well explain the Mandela Effect, and possibly at least some alien abduction, UFO and ghost stories. People can be induced to remember crimes they never committed etc, by inducing false memories..memory hacking: motherboard.vice.com... _campaign=interest&utm_medium=tech
edit on 4/19/2017 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Yes, we have discussed this in many of the ME threads. Ultimately the "believers" dismiss it as disinfo.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just reading about the Mandela Effect and looking at all the information out there, it's obvious that there is no good resource where effects are listed and where you can easily see how many people agree and how many people disagree. Just as a fun project we are trying to create an Android / IOS app to help people track and share effects. More information is here:

www.kickstarter.com...

If you have any feedback on this project please let us know.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
wish we had another name for 'mandela effect' just fyi

Coming from 1981 where Mandela died in prison in the late 80s and where i watched his funeral on the news .. then finding out many people remember the same i let it go for quite some time.

My Australia & New Zealand also moved, but only on paper maps, never been there to check so as long as they're still there all is well.

Until last week, when i read that there was a German terrorist attack on Statue of Liberty in 1916. There's even a wiki page and everything. Except not in my 1981 there wasn't. As an avid reader and history freak nope nope nope there is no such thing as an attack on the statue of Liberty ever. There were only two attacks on America in my 1981, and those would be Pearl Harbour and 9/11.

Also, i could have sworn that the Statue was on Ellis Island in my 1981 but since Ellis is always mentioned when talking about immigrants and New York i'm willing to let this one pass as a false memory.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One of my favourite M.E.'s is Laurel and Hardy.

Seem that a lot of people remember the famous catchphrase as "That's another FINE mess you've gotten me into", whereas that was never the catchphrase. The cacthphrase is "That's another NICE mess you've gotten me into".

So you think ok it's 1 word that's different it's possible we've all just misremembered the catchphrase but...

Laurel and Hardy made a film called "Another FINE mess"

Why would you title a movie with the wrong catchphrase? It makes no sense.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Looks like there hasn't been much recent discussion here. Did people migrate?

Where's the skeptic with attitude and the disinfo agent at? (I remember it as "skeptic with an attitude" and "the disinfo agent".)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
you can not deny the mandela anymore. great mandela effect/conspiracy that spoke to me is this link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Alto88

This thread got so toxic with the personal attacks on each other. While I sincerely appreciated skeptical analysis, it often became too persistent, too dogmatic, and too personal against too many people.

YouTube comment sections seem more open and tolerant even while leaving room for skeptics to voice their caveats, so I have seen much more activity there. I would imagine people wanting to discuss this topic without constant ridicule moved on to such friendlier environments. The danger in doing that, of course, is without a healthy dose of skeptical analysis, people can fall into a vast echo chamber of having obvious mistakes reinforced as Mandela Effects and it becomes more challenging to separate the real ME's worth investigating from jumbled up recollections.

Also I've started to question the motives of some You Tube proponents of the Mandela Effect. There's one fellow in particular who uses charisma and rhetorical techniques to pretty much manufacture ME's, in my opinion. I won't mention his name because I don't want to end up in any arguments with any fans he might have on this site. Let each person employ their own discernment. As in all things, I caution "buyer beware." Even if no money is exchanged, beware what ideas you allow your mind to buy into.

I agree with the Laurel and Hardy ME. I was a huge fan as a child. I always recalled it as "fine mess" and was shocked to see that clip above says it was "nice". Perhaps both expressions were used in different films. I can't rule out a mistake in my memory because it's been decades since I watched those films. I did watch them every weekend for years when I was a child.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

Another ME for you? Because in this universe it was those who believe the ME is real that were being abusive. Just go through the thread and search for removed posts. 99% of them are proponents of the ME.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

As a history teach you should know that the statue of liberty was NOT bombed in 1916. That was the Black Tom Explosion which was a nearby island. The explosion from Black Tom Island (not really an island, but a debris barrier/man made island around Black Tom Rock) caused shrapnel to damage the Statue of Liberty. Back Tom Rock/Island was eventually added to the mainland through projects and you can actually walk on it now in Liberty Park. There is a lot of local NY lore that people from outside the city would never know.

You are also confusing "attacks on American Soil" with "acts of war" because there have actually been a TON of terrorist attacks on American Soil, 9/11 being the most damage/loss of life. You can search for the list yourself. I believe you are getting the 9/11/PH thing confused because people often said that it was the biggest loss of life from an attack since PH.

PH wasn't a terrorist attack, it was an act of war by Japan so they could expand into the pacific with little threat from the USA. It did not work out.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I don't believe that the phenomena known as a "Mandela Effect" is a homogenous one. I believe some very rare ones may best be explained by really extraordinary events like a crossing or merging of alternate timelines (IF they really exist), but most may best be explained by psychological or physiological quirks and of course we have to acknowledge a miscellaneous subset caused by sheer ignorance coupled with stubbornness.

However, it's hard to have any kind of productive discussion on any of them when skeptics insist on calling all participants insulting names or dogging their every post with criticisms veiled as inquiry and analysis. There is a polite and non aggressive way to take a skeptical stance. So few attempt it. I don't know why. There's nothing personal at stake on either side. It should just be an academic discussion.

I'm harder on the skeptics because it's easier to take that stance than it is to pursue a line of inquiry into possible extraordinary phenomena. The latter requires a person to put themselves out there, beyond known and accepted scientific thought and facts, and that takes a degree of courage. So skeptical analysis that's the least bit intensive is going to put people on the defensive. It really should be handled more delicately and with greater consideration than it is. But that could be said of most public discourse these days.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Is it just me or did anyone else think that Francis Ford Coppola died years ago?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In Christianity, pretty much everybody knows the story of Satan where an angel leads a rebellion against god in heaven and kicked out then ends up becoming the devil right? I was taught this in religious education as a child, and priests would reference the story. My parents also told me the story at one point. The only problem is that this story doesn't exist!!

There is no scriptural basis for origin of the devil or Satan's rebellion in heaven. I don't know if I was using poor search terms on google, or what, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. I read the book of enoch that talks about fallen angels, but it does not reference Satan or any rebellion in heaven. Angels were punished for breeding with humans by taking away their wings, but there was no rebellion.

Is this an ME? Well, I kept digging and asking every Christian I'd come across where I can find that story. Everybody knows it, but nobody knows where it comes from. It was as if the bible in another dimension had this story. Or did it? After many attempts I finally found the answer. The story of Satan and his rebellion in heaven is from the epic poem "Paradise Lost", written by John Milton in 1667. The style it was written in was just like the bible. I'm not sure how/when this bled over into reality and made priests and parents start teaching it to their kids as facts, but once again it seems the rational explanation prevails. People mis-remember or confuse similar things in their memory over time.
edit on 6 8 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The rebellion was when he deceived eve. The transgression was when the angels, identified later as having Satan as their leader, took wives and bred with humans. The main purpose of the flood was to destroy these offspring. The "battle" hasn't happened yet and legion acknowledged as much to Jesus.

Revelation tells of the war where "down the great dragon, the one called devil and Satan, was hurled" which happens at the end of days. Michael will lead the armies of god.

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join