It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mary Tyler Moore:
"You're gonna make it after all."
"You might just make it after all" is correct.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High:
"My Dad has an Awesome set of tools"
"My dad has an Ultimate set of tools"
is correct .

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwagLord
is this topic dead yet ? this summer this topic grew with 1-2 pages a day almost. now nothing.
has people snapped out of it ?
has some people that was very active here gone insane?
what happened?

i would love to hear from those who discused this topic heavily before but then went silent

OMG! I remember 2-3 pages a day during the summer!

#mandelaeffect

In all seriousness, I was a little perturbed that pretty much nobody was able to give any details about major MEs, despite asking many times and folks claiming they existed and saying that they KNOW their memory is right. That's what essentially buries this topic for me. It doesn't make sense for somebody to be changing things in the past, when it's just little details that don't even matter. Poor memory is pretty much the only explanation based on evidence here. If there were any major Mandela effects that could be confirmed by multiple people it would lend credence to the possibility, but nobody's going to be changing the past and doing silly things like changing kid's story book names, or editing star wars. What's the point?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SwagLord

I dropped out because it's really hard to participate in a topic that consists of a running battle between people who understand what it feels like to experience this phenomenon and struggle to understand it and the people who seek to mock, belittle, ridicule and silence the first group because they can't accept people that have views that don't fit their world view. Both sides end up engaging in extreme defenses of their positions and it gets repetitive and tiring.

There are friendlier environments in which to discuss the ME and this "ain't" it. And by the way, not everyone who believes that some "anomalies" are ME's believe every odd memory fits in as a bonafide example of the Mandela Effect. Most of us are reasonable and open to entertaining the possibility we misremembered some things. But memories that mean something very personal and dear and that have associated anchor points, yet don't match up with current "facts" aren't as easy for us to explain away. They don't fit into the tidy category offered by psychological or biological explanations.

I admit to just joking about the ME in another thread about Kellyanne Conway and the "Bowling Green Massacre". I try to stay balanced and keep a sense of humor about the phenomena, while at the same time striving to understand it because I have experienced it. At times, I think my neutral demeanor makes some people who don't remember my previous years of active participation on ATS, as a member in good standing, think I'm a disinfo agent or something of the sort, trying to put a damper on the discussion myself. I'm not, I'm just trying to keep the two sides from nonstop fighting and insults by recognizing both can have a place in the discussion. If only we'd stop with the personal attacks and incendiary language.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

For the MTM theme song both lyrics are correct. According to this site www.lyricsondemand.com... The lyrics for Season 1 had "You might just make it after all."

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain
a reply to: SwagLord

I dropped out because it's really hard to participate in a topic that consists of a running battle between people who understand what it feels like to experience this phenomenon and struggle to understand it and the people who seek to mock, belittle, ridicule and silence the first group because they can't accept people that have views that don't fit their world view. Both sides end up engaging in extreme defenses of their positions and it gets repetitive and tiring.

The assumption that those who ridicule you have not experienced it is incorrect.

I understand what it feels like and still take great joy in mocking, belittling, ridiculing and silencing those who are too foolish to investigate the issue and understand what's happening.

Either there is a reasonable explanation, or you have the superpower of remembering alternate dimensions that you cannot access.

Like all religious beliefs it comes down to practical applications.

Find one, and you will no longer deserve mocking, belittling, ridiculing and silencing.
Until then...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Agreed. And telling somebody that they may not remember something correctly is not belittling, it's offering the best possible explanation based on what we actually know. The issue I had was that people would claim to remember something from 20 years ago, in perfect detail, as if their memory couldn't possible be wrong, but that's how human memory is. We aren't computers, we don't have perfect recall of old events. The longer a memory goes, the less reliable it is. Sit down with some of your close friends and discuss events from your early life. Guarantee you will have multiple different versions of how it went down. I've seen this directly despite how clearly you THINK you remember something.
edit on 2 13 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Why not try a more constructive method of engaging people in discussion? Mocking, ridiculing and silencing? That's the totalitarian behavior we used to stand against on this site. It's one thing to deny ignorance, but some people seem to have conflated the site's motto with a mandate to bully people who think and express themselves differently.

If a member clearly displays faulty memory, I would politely try to persuade them of that fact in one or two posts. If I can't persuade them in that number of posts, it's time to move on and talk to someone else, not engage in PAGE after PAGE of pointless and futile argument in an effort to humiliate and silence them. That's inconsiderate to other forum members who might have something worthwhile to contribute but don't want ther comments buried in childish argument.

Discussion between people of opposing viewpoints should be evolving and edifying and downright fascinating. How does mockery and silencing facilitate that?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

If said member keeps espousing stupidity and ignorance I would gladly continue to debate them aggressively.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

If said member keeps espousing stupidity and ignorance I would gladly continue to debate them aggressively.
too much testimony for me not to believe, also I see my own. I'm done debating, either you see and believe, or don't and keep saying stuff. Call it cognitive dissonance at will.
edit on 14-2-2017 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

(post by MemoryShock removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well this topic IS in skunkworks. I don't understand why those who are opposed to this topic simply don't move on and read the topics that DO interest them and ignore this one altogether.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

If that is how you choose to spend the precious finite moments of your life, then by all means do so, but some could say that such is an exercise in futility and therefore a form of stupidity in itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain
Well this topic IS in skunkworks. I don't understand why those who are opposed to this topic simply don't move on and read the topics that DO interest them and ignore this one altogether.

I'm not necessarily opposed, but the problem is that nobody can ever describe a major ME in detail, despite claiming they KNOW their memory is right. It is always misspellings of words, or insignificant details that could easily just be memory mistakes. The problem is people take it personally, and think their memory can't possibly be wrong and use that to justify their beliefs about this topic. I am interested in this topic, but the lack of cooperation on the part of the people who buy into it is sad. I asked folks to pm me their stories of major MEs objectively, so I could compare the perspectives and find similarities, but only 1 person actually gave me info related to that, despite many people making claims about them. You can't study a subject when all you have to go on is somebody's (potentially faulty) memories, and nobody is even willing to work with you. People who buy into this seem to have a religious type of belief in it that is almost unwavering. I want to know the truth as much as you do, but when people are so extreme in this view that they ignore all possible normal explanations, and can't even consider that they MIGHT be incorrect with their memories, it doesn't look good for them, that's all.
edit on 2 16 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BarcsYes, I can see how that is a frustrating aspect of this topic. I'm honestly a bit frustrated myself that I wouldn't be able to oblige your request myself because so much time has passed since certain events. For example, I remember being in a car with my parents on a road trip to our local crabbing and fishing spot when I heard over the radio that singer Johnny Lee had died. The station was likely WMZQ. I can't remember the exact year, but it would have been in the mid to late 80's.

I was a fan of Charlene Tilton on Dallas and she had been divorced from him at that point and I remember thinking it was sad their daughter Cherish would have to grow up without her dad since he passed away so young. My mom and dad remarked on that as well. My mom was a huge Dallas fan and used to complain that Charlene and Johnny made a terrible couple and she didn't know what Charlene saw in him. My dad was a country music fan back then so they'd good naturedly argue about that.

All these years I never heard a thing about him at all. Then out of curiosity I did a web search on Cherish and found references to her father. So I searched his name and found to my shock that the man I believed dead and buried all these decades was alive and well.

I can't be sure I remember what the cause of death was. That's frustrating me. It does cast doubt on the veracity of my memory if I can't remember that much, however it's been over 30 years and I know if we could have had this conversation 20 years ago I could have told you. But I've done a lot of living since then.

The same can be said of my memories of Mandela dying. I don't remember the details, I just know we discussed it in school and I had been sure for decades he was dead and was shocked that all of a sudden he wasn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Mandela effect, CERN pamphlet showing they know. Its like they are mocking us.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RachelKearns

That absolutely showed nothing...a delusional person saw what they wanted to see...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryph... uh.. .wait, you're saying Don Rickles is ALIVE?

Not any longer.

www.nytimes.com...

Rest In Peace Don. You brought joy to millions.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I've read some of your posts about the mandela effect and you make some great points. I've put a lot of research into this topic for a book i'm writing and I just can't understand why Lucasfilm Ltd etc have trademarked both "luke I am your father" and "No I am your father". I understand that brands and companies register more than one name for brand protection and so on however, I just don't see the point in protecting the slogan as they look & (lets be honest) sound nothing alike. I believe the mandela effect has been a big marketing campaign that's fooled a lot of people into believing some wacky theories and probably sold a lot of products at the same time haha. What's your view on the star wars slogan? If you need to you can visit the patent website etc but trust me there's two lol. Which do you remember lol

edit on 7-4-2017 by NotA# because: Replied to wrong person

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Opops
edit on pm430pmFri, 14 Apr 2017 22:40:29 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join