It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

3. The world system is controlled and watched over by an advanced intelligence that does care for us, somehow.

One that can't spell and doesn't know geography.

Gotcha

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

When do you remember him dying? He was very obese and had heart problems early. 43 is not uncommon.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Do people know if this is linked to CERN or 2012 - what's causing it?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Do people know if this is linked to CERN or 2012 - what's causing it?

Pretty doubtful that some little man made collisions are causing anything. The universe does what CERN does on a massive scale with far more frequency.

We are all still here, and it's still "Interview with the Vampire"

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Yes, it can be very liberating to shove ones head into the sand, believing some delusion about the world, in which turn makes your own personal problems/life/etc seem to be not so important anymore.
I completely agree.
I did something to that nature from the age 22 - 28.
But I realized I was wrong all along, and that reality actually is pretty dull and boring. Mostly.
And that I have to do something myself, to make life worth while.

After that insight though - its even more liberating than it was, during the years I had my head in the sand - believing in aliens, in god, and a myriad of other conspiracy theories.

Now I WANT to be the one in control of my life, and I am, and that feels incredibly powerful, more so than I ever could've dreamed - back then.

a reply to: stargatetravels

Its not caused by CERN. What caused it is thoroughly explained a few pages back.
Its a psy-op, basically.

edit on 28-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If this modern day phenomena were true, there's no way it's a psy-op done by human beings, because it would mean you have to alter reality, and as far as I know we don't have the technology for something like that yet. And if it were possible, I don't think people quite understand just how many people/organizations would have to be involved. How come no one has come out and spoke about it? Too soon?

It's not false memory, it's basically changing something that has happened, and reconstructing it into something else. Impossible to be done.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Nothing has changed though. Its most definitely a psy-op by* humans. Who else? Humans are the only animal on earth able to do that.
Or did you see chimps or birds or perhaps hippos using the internet?

edit:
At this point - this thing that started as a meme, playing on our minds ability to create false memories, that we believe to be true - has evolved into something very sinister, and is now classified as a psy-op - considering the huge amounts of people (relative to this little corner on the internet we're at) thats affected.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

Nothing has changed though. Its most definitely a psy-op by humans. Who else? Humans are the only animal on earth able to do that.
Or did you see chimps or birds or perhaps hippos using the internet?

Unfortunately I think it's just humans being humans with the internet glueing them all together in some delusional collage.

No G-men needed. Which is sadder when I think about it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Quite so, read my edit

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

But, how?
Let's use the Star wars example. Many people say they clearly remember it's "Luke, i am your father" and not "No, i am your father". If it were true, you would have to go back in time and change the movie script, right? You would basically have to alter reality.
And as far as i know, that's not possible. Or are you guys saying there's another way?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

That has been covered and answered.

In the movie, it was always NO.
If you think it wasnt, try watching that scene, but imagining him saying Luke instead.
Doesnt make sense. There is no one else there but him and luke, he is looking at luke, why would he say Luke.

Outside of the film, when used as a reference -
simply going "no I am your father" wouldn't make much sense. In order for everyone to get the reference - that they are talking about Star Wars - It became "luke" I am your father.

But in the actual movie, always No.

And the same reasoning and logic can be applied to ALL other MEs as well.
Its just that alot of the ME Pushers out there, are reinforcing the ME sufferers bad memories as being REAL - and a form of mass-psychosis has happened.
Im trying to wake people up, but its futile. They are so stuck on their memories being true - that they will not accept any form of logic, reason or critical thinking.

So far theories like Nanotech, CERN, and what have you - has been offered as possible explanations - while refusing to accept the rational explanation, the thing that can actually be proved - false memories.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And for the ones with the argument "how come so many of us have the same "bad" memories".

Simple. The Internet acts like a global consciousness.
Add to the fact that we all SHARE a REAL global UNconsciousness, first theorized by the brilliant Carl Jung, IIRC -
en.wikipedia.org...

Well. You have your answer. Thats why many humans will always answer the SAME THINGS on basic psychology tests.
Like Blue. Hammer. Box. Etc. We go to the same places in our heads.

This is all scientific and researched, and it explains everything.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Simple explanation that makes sense. Too bad people refuse to accept it.

False memories + people are just dumber nowadays because they rarely use their brain anymore. Think about it, 99% of stuff people do require minimum usage of brain cells. I am not surprised about people having false memory. I understand it's a part of a natural process, but I also believe it's connected as well.

And i say this in the most sympathetic way.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just got the complete X-Files series in Blu-Ray!

Gonna binge watch it over the next days. I will be looking for MEs in there, as Im very familiar with X-Files

And no, I dont expect to find anything

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just got the complete X-Files series in Blu-Ray!

Gonna binge watch it over the next days. I will be looking for MEs in there, as Im very familiar with X-Files

And no, I dont expect to find anything

Do you want to believe?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Yes!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Hey TombEscaper: I've read most of this burgeoning thread, and have been quite interested in the anecdotal, the visceral responses to fight the ever rising consciousness of such and all inbetween.....

Unfortunately, it all seems to descend into nitpicking, because, in part, I think, it's all we have to try to nail it down as something other than a memory slip. But memory slips can be caused, too....and I think that's valid to mention. Any one of us could wake up in the morning, think we've only been asleep one night, and find that it's much more than that. Or not, really.

In other words, once you begin to truly question the validity of what is "keeping time" for you around you that you depend on and believe, then nothing is really sure anymore, is it?

Two things: I remember quite well an advertisement for Depend"S" many years ago that said: " You can depend on Depends...."
Which would have meant, the brand name at that time, at least, was "Depend"S"," quotes added and caps on the S for emphasis only. It wouldn't have made any sense, that ad, if the first name of the adult diapers wasn't plural.
Unfortunately, I don't think any of that proves anything, whatsoever. A company can at any time decide to be called something different, and wish all remnants of the past to be removed, and perhaps, even, request that search engines delete the previous name.....

History is an altogether different matter, but perhaps even more subjective.

The second thing: You've referred to this as the "Mandela Affect." I believe you mean Mandala, perhaps?

The word "mandala" is from the classical Indian language of Sanskrit. Loosely translated to mean "circle," a mandala is far more than a simple shape.
www.mandalaproject.org...

Historically speaking, the Mandala as I've seen it depicted before, is an image of the snake curled in a circle swallowing its own tale. Very fitting for the discussion, I must say.

Take care. Excellent thread.
tetra50

Hello, and nice to have you on board.

Yes, memory slips are always a possibility, and nobody is claiming not to have them. Many of these objectors have just flat-out refused to acknowledge this, however. In reality, they don't, can't, or won't "get" the fact that there simply are many differing levels of certainty about different things. They equate "I'm sure I know Depend has always been Depends" with "I can never be wrong about any single thing." Their rationale is nonsensical and tunnel-visioned, and the staleness of it now stinks to high heaven. It is more than obvious that they continue to bang that gong for the sole reason of thread drifting and pointless squabbling.

And speaking of DependS, a corporate name change would naturally be the first thing to come to mind when seeing the s dropped, but the fact is, everything from the "Depends past" has changed. If you go to YouTube to find a commercial from any era, it has always been Depend. If someone has a package stored away that they remember purchasing as Depends, that same package will now say Depend. It's a case where someone or something has found a way to manipulate physical, tangible reality from a higher plane which transcends physical, tangible reality.

Thankfully, however, there have been small amounts of "residue" that have somehow carried over from the "other" form of existence in which we remember these things. Maybe they are mistakes that have slipped through the cracks. Maybe whatever is doing this is not being as thorough as necessary in order to really eliminate all evidence of the other reality.

Here is a very recent YouTube video that demonstrates this. I strongly encourage anyone to watch this, and contemplate for themselves the likelihood of a reputable, generations-spanning company failing to be consistent with their own brand name on their own label. If the Mandela Effect is a "Glitch in the Matrix," then these types of anomalies are surely "glitches within the Glitch."

As for the name "Mandela Effect," I'm not big on that, because I think what is happening here is really beyond words or labels, but that is what most people are coming to know it as due to some anomalies surrounding Nelson Mandela's death. And, well, we have to call it something. I have found it interesting, though, that "Mandela" is very similar to "mandala." This "effect" has metaphysical, or cosmic, orchestrations written all over it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And for the ones with the argument "how come so many of us have the same "bad" memories".

Simple. The Internet acts like a global consciousness.
Add to the fact that we all SHARE a REAL global UNconsciousness, first theorized by the brilliant Carl Jung, IIRC -
en.wikipedia.org...

Well. You have your answer. Thats why many humans will always answer the SAME THINGS on basic psychology tests.
Like Blue. Hammer. Box. Etc. We go to the same places in our heads.

This is all scientific and researched, and it explains everything.

Jung's leading example of this phenomenon was a paranoid-schizophrenic patient who could see the sun's dangling phallus, whose motion caused wind to blow on earth. Jung found a direct analogue of this idea in the "Mithras Liturgy", from the Greek Magical Papyri of Ancient Egypt—only just translated into German—which also discussed a phallic tube, hanging from the sun, and causing wind to blow on earth. He concluded that the patient's vision and the ancient Liturgy arose from the same source in the collective unconscious.

Well, dunno about anyone else, but I'm convinced...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

So he's read the word bragg's on the bottle many times as it is written and convinced himself that's what the label used to say.

Seems pretty mundane to me. That one actually has a better reason he's confused.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I am not basing my belief of the collective unconscious from that. In fact, Ive always believed that, since I was a child.
But when I read the book JUNG, I was convinced. I wouldnt give much credence to where he got his ideas from. He couldve said he got them from an alien for all I care. If it resonates with you, whats the problem?

And if people dont believe we share a collective unconscious, thats fine.
But very much points to it.
In any case, whether or not you agree with Jung on this - or even Freud regarding Archetypes* - whats your point?
Its been proven we do answer the same, on alot of those tests I mentioned, and its been proven we remember incorrectly on alot of the same things.
And I pointed to a very valid and well known theory that just might be the cause for it. Its well enough answer for me, as it fits my point of view and it resonates with me.

If you feel CERN or Nano-tech or another such theory is more valid and more believable than that, that is of course completely your prerogative.

* I do not agree with most of Freuds thoughts on how our mind works, that everything is sex - that doesnt take away his huge impact on todays psychology AND psychiatry. Same goes for Jung. He mightve been a bit mental, doesnt take away that alot of his research is valid.

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join