It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Misremembering is not being wholly ruled out, but it is the most miniscule of possibilities amongst all other possibilities.

Given that faulty memory is a provable fact, you need to explain why you consider it to be a "miniscule possibility."

And that is the way it's going to remain regardless of how many barrages of "rational explanations" involving memory are thrown at us.

In other words, your mind is firmly shut, and you want others to close their minds as well.

The knowingness is as strong for many of these ME's as your knowingness is of the names of your parents and siblings, or what kind of car you own when you're not in it. As much of a possibility as you accept of being wrong about those things is about on par with the level of possibility many of us have that we are "misremembering."

But it's not just "misremembering," it's also mis-perceiving. It's hearing "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" as "Excuse me while I kiss this guy." This mis-perception then gets firmly lodged in the memory, because every time the song or jingle is heard, the mis-perception in being reinforced.

As for what you call the "simple ones," I'm assuming you consider the Depend(s) ME a simple one. But it has been established in the new ME thread here in Skunk Works that this one cannot be a long-term memory mistake, because Depends never went away. They have been on the market for 30 or more years, so they have remained contemporary in the collective psyche throughout. Being one of the more "recent" ME's, this is not a case of "remembering differently," but a case of a sudden inexplicable change infiltrating into many consciousnesses at this juncture.

Apparently you have not been paying attention. The name of the brand has always been "Depend." A single adult diaper is a Depend. Collectively, they are Depends.

Now, you say "10 years is hardly recent," implying that the more time goes by, the more likely things are to be misremembered. That may be true in a "baseline" sense, in a scientifically cookie cutter sense, but remember, we are talking about repetitive, ingrained memories established over prolonged periods of time. Do you really and truly think you would be likely to forget the lyrics to Happy Birthday if 10 years were to pass without you singing or hearing it? Do you really think you would be likely to forget the name of a close friend or immediate family member after not seeing or talking to them for 10 years?

I have explained why you remember the lyrics to the first verse of Happy Birthday. You still haven't admitted that you did not know there are two more verses. You are afraid to acknowledge this because it is at the core of the so-called "Mandela Effect."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have that little confidence in your memory, you may want to keep yourself in a padded room, away from sharp objects.

Why? Memory and judgement are two entirely different faculties.

I keep using the Happy Birthday example because it is the most comparable "simple song" I can think of in regards to the Mr. Rogers theme song. If there are now 17 and 18 year-olds claiming adamantly (and there are) they are certain of a different version they heard repeatedly 10 or less years ago, how likely is it that they are all "misremembering" the exact same alteration? No one is claiming to remember "our neighborhood," or "your neighborhood," etc. At some point, deductive reasoning about these type of things should start being used by the skeptics.

Why must you keep repeating yourself? In the case of the Mister Rogers lyrics, it is about perception, not memory. I watched "All In The Family" for years and thought that Archie and Edith sang "Gee, were all the salads great," which made no sense. When I finally saw the lyrics printed out, I saw thjat they were actually singing "Gee our old Lasalle ran great," which made perfect sense in context.

You yourself claim you remembered it as "the" also, but after watching a few times, you just accepted that you were wrong and had misremembered. Why would you ever do this??? Several of us in this thread have talked about how thinking about it too much or overanalyzing begins to put uncertainties into our psyche that conflicts with the intuitive knowingness within, and this is a dangerous slope. Tangible evidence be damned.

When tangible evidence conflicts with "knowingness," "knowingness" is really delusion.

There are multiple implications of this "Mandela Effect," and one of the aspects of it is that there is a now a war being waged for consciousness; in actuality, it is an agenda of soul-enslavement. It would be very detrimental at this point to abandon your intuition and inner-knowingness for things that can be "verified" from outside of yourself, such as through "tangible evidence."

You are starting to tip your hand. Why are you encouraging people to believe in something delusional?

Many, whether consciously or subconsciously, are deathly afraid of what is happening here; not frightened by the Mandela Effect itself, but by the implications of the Mandela Effect. It may be wise to do a self-examination and see if this applies.

I agree. Everyone needs to ask themselves: "Am I infallible, or am I capable of making a mistake?" If you are infallible, you are a god. If not, you are a human being. If you are a god, there is a new religion being born: the Mandela Effect is its Revelation, and Tomb Escaper is its Prophet. Lo, hear ye His Word:

The Mandela Effect is a double-edged sword. It may be uncomfortable to face when confronted with it, but accepting it while also holding fast to your truth within will ultimately bring redemption; rejecting it will only drive out your inner-truth more and more, ultimately resulting in the relinquishing of your own soul to the nefarious entities who are orchestrating these anomalies for that very purpose.

Rubbish. Say, Escaper, are you in the Golden Dawn? Their highest level of initiation involves founding your own religion, as Aleister Crowley did. Is that what you're trying to do here?
edit on 28-5-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Habit4ming

which is the common error. written by a random guy. you take that over tom cruises word in the actual interview?
edit on 28-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Hello again, Just wanted to say one last thing to you -
you wondered about what I meant. Did I call you a cult or what.
Yes, and you need to look no further than this thread itself.
This is what really got me scared. Not for myself but for you and your fellow soon-to-be-cultists. Take it how you will. I wont reply to you. Good luck.

from the op, i suggest you read it twice. three times if you have to.

The Mandela Effect is a double-edged sword. It may be uncomfortable to face when confronted with it, but accepting it while also holding fast to your truth within will ultimately bring redemption; rejecting it will only drive out your inner-truth more and more, ultimately resulting in the relinquishing of your own soul to the nefarious entities who are orchestrating these anomalies for that very purpose.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Public Service Announcement!!

Civil debate does not allow snarkiness, bickering, attacks on other members and the like:
Community Announcement re: Decorum

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Please read the above and post responsibly.....
You are responsible for your own posts.
Members who insist on derailing this thread will not succeed in it being closed....but may succeed in further post removals....and possible Posting Bans.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
More madness from one of the "ME pushers"
"mandela effect 6 hours of missing time while video is recording"

www.youtube.com...

As is common with the ME crowd - is to use non-evidence as evidence to point to something that does not exist.
It works with anything. I can point to the sky being blue as evidence for my pink unicorn I have in my closet.
That doesnt mean its true.
Have a look into the mind of an ME-er and ME pusher. (He has 10s of thousands of views, reinforcing ME on alot of poor people without critical thinking. It is my job, and yours, to try and shut this down and debunk it as the hogwash it is.)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I've often wondered over the years if I would be able to detect the "Great Deception" mentioned in Revelations (yes?) if it ever happened. Photohelix and you could be right and this is it, or there is an even greater one in the works.

Stuff/stuffe. It's ludicrous to me, too, to find that modern day slang word now in the Bible, used in that context. I've stated elsewhere I don't "know my Scriptures" but I've been exposed to certain Bible passages repeatedly in life and I did read the Bible once, back in the mid-90's, because I was finding out about Edward Cayce at the time. I did the church and catechism requirements when I was young.

The word bottles sticks out like a sore thumb in that context and, yes, wolf instead of lion. That's a biggie.

Peace.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Its not the Great Deception, as that is fantasy based in a fantasy story. So dont worry.

However, this whole ME thing is indeed a great deception of its own.
Im still trying to figure out where this psy-op originated - and to what purpose.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

There are multiple implications of this "Mandela Effect," and one of the aspects of it is that there is a now a war being waged for consciousness; in actuality, it is an agenda of soul-enslavement. It would be very detrimental at this point to abandon your intuition and inner-knowingness for things that can be "verified" from outside of yourself, such as through "tangible evidence."

BINGO. We have now come to the very heart of the matter (no pun intended). This is serious #. People are waking up and realising that somehow, everything they held sacred regarding the concreteness of reality, is wrong. I personally believe we are being targeted in a very, very advanced psy-op, which had been testified about before, in Scripture, thousands of years ago. I believe that the 'hidden rulers' or 'hidden powers' of the heavens are involved - the Archons. They deal in deception |& illusion. They are jealous of Humanity. They have foisted an illusion upon our world, somehow (God only knows how) - the Mandela Effect is in essence a MISNOMER, because the actual effect is the foisting of illusion upon the masses.

The Mandela Effect only arises for those who, for whatever reason, have inadvertently rejected or somehow escaped the conditioning process which foisted the illusion on everyone else. It isn't any sort of medal of honour, or a club, or a cult - just a bunch of regular folk who somehow escaped some aspects of the conditioning. The world has been subtly changed at some near imperceptible level (albeit creating some striking changes in some examples) and the Mandela Effect is the hallmark of having evaded some aspect of the conditioning.

Someone once pointed at the sky, and said: "There's still a war going on up there.." He was being mysterious, and I believed at the time that he was referring to the Nazis having escaped the end of WW2 to continue waging aggression on the Western powers which had opposed them in the war. I believe now that he may have intended to convey something of the extraterrestrial threat. The Mandela Effect points to the existence of a severe extraterrestrial threat, in my most humble estimation.

Intuition is to be exalted - stay true to yourself. Who knows where this is all headed? I believe the deception foisted upon us is what is referred to in Scripture as "The great delusion".

edit on MaySaturday1615CDT10America/Chicago-050056 by FlyInTheOintment because: fixing video

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Its not the Great Deception, as that is fantasy based in a fantasy story. So dont worry.

No, no, no - get it right. You have to say it like this in order for it to be valid:

"In my humble opinion, its not the Great Deception, as that is, in my opinion, fantasy, based in - what I believe to be - a fantasy story. So dont worry, my solo reassurance here should resolve your theological dilemNa..."

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok now I'm starting to believe...John Candy died in 1994????? NO WAY!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Have yet to see a case of this I can't shred to pieces.
Anybody got anything tough?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
BINGO. We have now come to the very heart of the matter (no pun intended). This is serious #. People are waking up and realising that somehow, everything they held sacred regarding the concreteness of reality, is wrong.

You make the emboldened part above sound like it's a negative thing. I'm finding my increased awareness from the Mandela Effect to be the most liberating thing imaginable.

This is what I've learned since realizing that the Mandela Effect is real:

1. Humans control nothing important on Earth.

2. We can take nothing for granted.

3. The world system is controlled and watched over by an advanced intelligence that does care for us, somehow.

4. We can shift into better or worse realities based on our karma (for lack of a better term).

5. Every moment of life is a gift that should be cherished.

I wasn't certain about any of those things previously. However, I am certain about them now. After I get over the shock of the Mandela Effect, the rest of my life will be different.

I will always be more optimistic (I used to be quite pessimistic) and I will try harder to do what is right.
edit on 28-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

If you're looking for something to shred perhaps you could put your energy to work shredding lettuce for salads??

Have a really wonderful weekend!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: In4ormant

If you're looking for something to shred perhaps you could put your energy to work shredding lettuce for salads??

Have a really wonderful weekend!!

Rabbit food. I'll pass.

Just looking for an tough one. All the examples I've seen are easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join