It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
blooddy rot...!!!

One for the team..!!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Bed time for me. Good night. Keep out of trouble.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Indian ..you can do better than that...come on!!! Woof!! Woof!!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1

Never mind..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1

Heh!

Well, the plants outside in the street have been watered, the wood pile is out and on display, the door is open and we are open for business...now, if only there were customers!

The waiting game has commenced.

How are you?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Wood pile display ?

Sorry True , I was under the impression that you were a fellow Locky ?

Are you burning or kicking into bits pieces of wood
so as to emphasise the fact that steel door jambs are better?
As such you can do a great deal on everything ...

Hinge pin security included ?

😊

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I am indeed a locky, but our store is in the end of the line district in which I grew up. Selling locks, and only locks, would be financial suicide.

As a result, our emporium offers a range of security equipment as you would expect, alongside a fairly comprehensive stock of DIY gear, fixings, tools, the odd bit of electrical stuff, small quantities of paint, brushes, and a whole heap of stuff not found anywhere else in our little corner of the borough. One has to go all the way to town to get some of the things we sell. So while we have a focus on locks and security gear, as well as key cutting and the like, we also cater to those wanting to put a shelf up, or build a window seat, or what have you.

Without that string on our bow, we would be unable to operate a business premises at all, and would likely have to go mobile, which is, in my area at least, the least noble way to be a locksmith. People appreciate having a hub to go to for the stuff we sell, that is not either part of a massive corporate structure, or miles from their house, or both.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

That is awesome True !

Diversity is key !

The shop I used to work in did all the usual shop work as well as corporate and after hrs.
Selling the usual security enhancements ie. Safes ...
(Not the crap ones you could defeat with a decent following tool) proper S&G equipped ones.

We also found a niche in selling blokey things as well ... ie. Mag light torches, Victorinox knives etc.

The brands and toys have moved on from then,
have you considered such ?

... If not already sorted ... 😎

ED: We also did engraving , both hand and computer.

I actually made the plaques for the 1989 Phillip Island Motorcycle GP ... podium .

Doohan , Gardner and also ran ... lol
edit on 16-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Regarding safes and "bloke" accessories, I understand where you are coming from, but there are environmental factors affecting us here, which do not affect stores with a higher footfall, and a more central location.

This is an end of the line district, with end of the line people living in it. Those who have money, only have it because they are skinflints, and most everyone else has barely got a pot to piss in, leave alone a nice pot, or the spare cash for fancy doodads and posh kit.

As a result of the low footfall, and the commensurate effect that has on business, we do not stock safes, although we can acquire them for our customers readily enough. The simple fact is, it is not worth the cost of insuring a large stock of safes, unless we are going to sell one every week. We will not sell one good safe a week here, we would be lucky to sell one good safe a YEAR here. The demography relating to financial status which is most prevalent here, is not of a sort which would support the overwhelming need for highly secure safes.

We get asked for a good safe every couple of years, and order them when required, rather than stocking them. We service and repair locks, and we also offer a fitting service for customers who want their locks replaced, or locks fitting to virgin doors. But we know where we are, and we would have to be in a much better, much more affluent area, to start thinking about stocking the kind of sweet gear you refer to.

I would love to get into that, I would love a larger shop, and I would love to stock huge numbers of safes, I would love a workshop separate to the premises we sell stock in, and I would love a forge and a blast furnace and a CNC machine and a quad extruder 3D printer. But those things will all have to wait until there is much more money in the kitty than the current, moth ridden contents!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I am no where near caught up yet BUT I wanted to leave a message for NightStar...

Honey I will be thinking of you today with your appointment!! I hope that everything goes great!!!! I am sending you a million positive thoughts & prayers!!!
edit on 5/16/2016 by Martin75 because: Love leads us home

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You obviously have a good feel for your market.

That is a great starting point ... even being the arse end of it.

Really glad to hear you have aspirations though !

Hard work , sweat and an affinity with your specific market will, I can tell ... get you thete in the end.

You are a very direct chap ... and your clientelle will
embrace that as being " true" to their needs.

Good stuff True !

Hope it comes good sooner rather than later !!

😎

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here is a light house for Night so she may find her way safely today.

And a grand good morning to you all, where ever you may be.
Sorry I forgot to bring coffee and donuts.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Here, here Martin !!

Best possible hopes for a benign outcome piled upon Night ...

Thoughts and positive vibes sent across the pond ... !

Likewise WIS ! 😎
edit on 16-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

So sorry, can't believe I forgot breakfast!

That picture is so beautiful!! I would love to be sitting there with coffee right now.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Oh Thank Goodness, now I can go to work.
It is funny Greek yoghurt with granola and an avocado doesn't look as appealing as your breakfast.

Yes, it does look like a lovely place, doesn't it? It is a light house in Germany. We should all go.

I have been wanting to ask did you get your results yet, or are they still dragging their feet?
Must Fly.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

A little phallic for me ...

Colourful ! Beautiful !

Night would love it ! Lol.

😎

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Indeed everyone - thoughts and positive vibes flying to Night from all corners of the globe.

Wait, does a globe have corners??

Off to do some research on that

Anywho, all the best for today NS, be strong.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
a reply to: WalkInSilence

To quote Sartre "L'enfer, c'est les autres"
("Hell is other people")

Good morning! Bonjour mon amis!

Strange way to say 'good morning', I know...but I just had to acknowledge this above quote because my new favourite saying is, "Hell is other people".
(but not YOU people)

Sorry I disappeared rudely last night, telephone kept ringing.
I'm just gonna pour another coffee and grab a donut (nice how they just keep magically appearing!)...and hang out here for a while.
jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Jacy - it sounds so much better in French though

You can adapt it to "Hell is other people, outside of The Shed"

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey Jace !

We were just sending mass positive ones to Night !!

I know that you will amp it up once the coffee has kicked in and you have read back a short way ... 😎

Hope you are well Jace !
edit on 16-5-2016 by Timely because: I still hate bloody androids ... grrr.

top topics

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join