It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ok cheers.

@jacy - perfect thanks. I will dig out one of those ready

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Wait cutie, you missed Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat. Lol

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Ok, I have Fleetwood Mac - so we do not double up.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Nothing particularly new here Jacy...

Just observing the to and fro of the loom of fate, the turn of the wheel galactic.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Wait cutie, you missed Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat. Lol

Hey! I saw them both in concert myself! (not together, lol)
More great stuff!

Timely's picking on me here, and pipping on me in acronyms...*throws donut at Timely*
Got "too much Timely on my hands" hehe...

jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Don't post the vids yet!! Just save the links and wait until NS is here, that's what I was planning anyway.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I saw them in Ann Arbor Mi 1981 open for Ozzy. Foghat then Blue Oyster Cult, I was 10 and made my dad take me lol.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow, you should be a writer talking like that ...

Wait!

You are

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Just observing the to and fro of the loom of fate...

Oh geez, True...sorry...lol...I just read that as "fuit of the loom"...(wondered why you were observing mens' underwear...hehe...)

1984...Okay, I will keep them bookmarked for later. That last one was for Timely.

You guys are so sweet, wanting to cheer her up! We do love to throw a party around here, don't we?
jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Come on baby
(Don't fear the reaper)
Baby take my hand
(Don't fear the reaper)
We'll be able to fly
(Don't fear the reaper)
Baby I'm your man
La, la la, la la
La, la la, la la

Read more: Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper Lyrics | MetroLyrics

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'm trying to think what year I saw Blue Oyster Cult...must have been 1976/77.
They were one of the first bands to have a laser light show.

I don't remember when I saw Foghat, likely late 70's also. They were great live, sounded just like the records.

Back then tickets were $7-$10. I can't even afford to see anyone good anymore. AC/DC were on my bucket list, but if Axl Rose is singing instead of Brian...I don't think I want to go now.

Thanks for the stroll down musical memory lane, lol.
jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yes the prices were cheap then! Good point. You saw AC/DC? That is cool. How about Def Leppard?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Lol...no, I haven't seen AC/DC but I want to. (unless Axl Rose is singing, then probably not)

I love Def Leppard...still listen to them. I had a lot of respect for them keeping their drummer after he lost his arm.

I hate seeing the rock gods from my youth getting older. Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) is barely recognizable. It's crazy that so many of these guys are in their 70's now. There's going to be a lot of tears when they start leaving this world.
jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I just looked at A photo of Robert Plant. Your right!

I love the old Def Leppard, the drummer was amazing. He really used his arm like two! Thank you for the time travel trip back!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Oh, my pleasure hun!

I think music is one of the things we all have a love for (in the Shed). We have quite a few musicians here, and some of the first members who aren't around anymore, played instruments too.

My son plays guitar and was in a band. His father was a drummer in a band when I met him.

Music was a huge part of growing up in the 70's. We were able to see huge name bands for a cheap ticket, and before these huge stadium shows took over, the venues were pretty small.
Where I grew up, the concerts were actually held at a hockey rink...maximum 7,000 people allowed.
Pretty sweet way to see Supertramp, Rush, Kiss, etc.
I just put my Def Leppard cd on, lol.

jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Hah!

I never observe men's underwear, unless I am shopping for them. In that instance, only three details ever pass from surface awareness, into the morass of conscious thought that is my process. First, are they boxer style? Second, are they black? Third, are they the correct size? If the answer to all of these is yes, then I make my purchase. If they fall down on any one of those, then they are left upon the shelf, to languish until someone of different tastes comes across them.

Underwear is a uniquely boring consideration for a man of my sort, requiring virtually no thought what so ever. Since I am the only individual likely to see my undergarments, I care not what they look like, and since I have nothing to shout about downstairs, I care not for how well they cling to form. Simply put, it is a zero thought purchase.

Now, a good jacket, a decent shirt, an adornment of wrist or neck, a sturdy pair of boots...that is a different consideration altogether. Much more thought must be placed in these things. Utility is my watchword, but that does not always imply ugliness, or a lack of elegance.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Had the pleasure of watching Aussie bands make it through working hard on the pub scene.

ACDC ... Midnight Oil ... Icehouse ... INXS ...

and many more ... as well as having the privelage to see such luminaries as ... Dire Straights , Elton John, Kiss ...
and more .

Still kicking myself for missing out on Pink Floyd's last tour of Aus ...

😥😣
edit on 16-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Music is amazing. Your son is a star. Neil Young a fav of mine. From Canada. Have a nice day. I have to take a jog!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True...Only you could make shopping for mens' boxers sound like a historical romance novel, hehe...
I agree though, got to be black!

Timely...I want to kick you for missing Pink Floyd too!
Yes, Australia has pumped out some great bands and music...Canada and Britain too!

Quatum...See you later! Enjoy your non-snow weather!

jacy

edit on 16-5-2016 by jacygirl because: name

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Indeed Jace ...

Each kick recieved is much appreciated.

There can never be enough !!

Nor a broader big arsed target ...

Fire away ... !

edit on 16-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join