It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying something causes you to be it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was observing another thread about Jesus denying he was god and this came up.

Jesus denies being god a few times, yet "they saw through his plot and realised he was god!" happened.
How does that work exactly?

Let's take my perfectly good example I used in the thread...
*AHEM*

Fred: I am not George

Jews: Yes you are

Fred: No I'm not

Jews: Uh huh!

Fred: Nuh uh!

Jews: SEE!!

George: Damnit!

That's how some of the religious people want to believe happens. Yes, I know it's more basic than the bible, but the principle is still the same.

Now. Let's look at how the SAME thing would happen in real life.
*AHEM*

Fred: I am not George

Jews: Yes you are

Fred: No I'm not

Jews: Uh huh!

Fred: Nuh uh!

Jews: Oh. Ok then. Bye Fred!

I can deny I'm a goat till I'm blue in the face. I still won't be a goat. Same as I can deny I'm TV and not turn into a TV.

So how can ANYONE say that Jesus denying being god over and over again makes him god?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Jesus was the SON of God as we are all God's children. It was certain elements of the church that elevated him to divine status when they were writing the rules for their new religion. Jesus taught truth and wisdom of God, but never claimed to be God. That was a construct of man.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am not rich.

Waits patiently...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And I perfectly understand that.

What I don't get is why people say that Jesus is god when he flat out denies it and does so on more than one occasion.

I guess I just don't understand the NEED for Jesus to be god when god is god and Jesus is the son of god.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
I am not rich.

Waits patiently...

I see what you did there. Brilliant!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
I am not rich.

Waits patiently...

I am not 6' tall

*crickets*

See? It just does not work in any shape or form.

Unless you're lying, then it works, but that's not the point of the op.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

And I perfectly understand that.

What I don't get is why people say that Jesus is god when he flat out denies it and does so on more than one occasion.

I guess I just don't understand the NEED for Jesus to be god when god is god and Jesus is the son of god.

I think you are focusing on a specific dogma instead of the message. Who cares what other people believe? God is different for everyone. I consider it a very personal thing and we can't expect others to be at the same level of understanding that we are and I hope I am not stuck at my current level of understanding for long.

We all must advance at our own pace and find truth for ourselves. I don't think it is worth your time to concern yourself with what others believe. It is about what you believe.

You are in a one on one with God. It is your relationship alone.
edit on 2016/4/26 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Mistranslations and misinterpretations of VARIOUS religious books have caused a lot of problems in the past and in current times.

I know Jesus not being or being god is a minor thing and doesn't make a difference to what drink I'm going to have next, but isn't finding answers a part of the journey that we call life?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Finding answers is important as long as you look for them for the right reasons. What is it about this question that concerns you exactly? It it about answering a question you have regarding Jesus or is it about pointing out how illogical others are being with their dogma?
edit on 2016/4/26 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It is more to do with the illogical side of it. I just don't understand it.

I don't really care what other people believe. That's their choice. I get that, I truly do.

I don't understand the need to elevate from saviour (perfectly good in ANY respects) to god.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I say let them be.

One thing I have found is that interfering with the consciousness of others creates bad karma for me. I think it is cool that you are asking the questions, but be careful about doing it just to belittle the beliefs of others. I know not all of my attitudes and beliefs are as highly evolved as I would like. I think it shows real wisdom to let others be when it comes to God and religion.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The Bible has Sons of God and Sons of Man or both,the title does not make you God incarnate

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

So how can ANYONE say that Jesus denying being god over and over again makes him god?

Perhaps to LORD JESUS CHRIST calling 1self God is somewhat egotistical. As it tends to place 1 amongst the peers as a hierarchy mentally, which can cause issues when attempting to guide...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Why don't you show me where Jesus denies being God?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If we assume a consciousness (regardless of size of shape of the biological body) is a more or less connected part of whole consciousness that exists in creation that evolves and changes, then a part even if it is connected to all parts in creation and has all knowledge on all levels of creation will still not the whole even if it can experience the whole.

A computer can be part of internet and even download all internet into itself. Still do not make the computer all separate computers.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

It is more to do with the illogical side of it. I just don't understand it.

I don't really care what other people believe. That's their choice. I get that, I truly do.

I don't understand the need to elevate from saviour (perfectly good in ANY respects) to god.

Because Paul:s idea of using Jesus name as a magical slate cleaner of karma (dying for our sins) do not work if Jesus is not the highest source of wisdom and authority. And from my point of view Yeshua said that those who use him as a "dying for our sins symbol" and do not do the work are hypocrites (sheep and goats).

This is about Paul changing the message to include the irresponsable proven by their own fruits/lack of fruits.

You cannot have a dualistic religion where our religion is right while everyone else is wrong without an idol to worship. In Christian faith (really Paulism) it is Jesus. Islam do the same thing with Muhammad. Personal cult following where the name of the person and historical context is more important than the logical message.
edit on 27-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I say let them be.

One thing I have found is that interfering with the consciousness of others creates bad karma for me. I think it is cool that you are asking the questions, but be careful about doing it just to belittle the beliefs of others. I know not all of my attitudes and beliefs are as highly evolved as I would like. I think it shows real wisdom to let others be when it comes to God and religion.

The problem is when you let them be they create insane things like Wahabism/crusades/witch burning with their moral relativism. I could not have cared less about their views if they where always creating good fruits and was bringing a lowering of suffering to all souls including the animals.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My understanding is that Jesus was and wasn't God similar to how the burning bush was and wasn't God.

He obviously was not God. There was the incident where God passed in front of a cave on of the prophets was in and the prophet could not look directly or else he would die. That God could not come to earth and teach us. So God invested Himself into a man, into Jesus, making God and not God.

Jesus was all man and not man at the same time because He was also God.

There is scripture evidence that Jesus has been with God, part of God since the very beginning.
edit on 27-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Denying something causes you to be it? No way!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

If anything has been shown about the gods, is that they tend to be unreliable, work on plan B
Have you tried founding a Mega Church?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join