It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Hostage beheaded in southern Philippines by Abu Sayyaf confirmed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
a reply to: TechniXcality

How does a nation accept it when the beheading is whitewashed and the religion not once identified by your leader???
PM Trudeau statement

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the death of Canadian John Ridsdel:

“I am outraged by the news that a Canadian citizen, John Ridsdel, held hostage in the Philippines since September 21, 2015, has been killed at the hands of his captors.

“Canada condemns without reservation the brutality of the hostage-takers, and this unnecessary death. This was an act of cold-blooded murder and responsibility rests squarely with the terrorist group who took him hostage.

“The Government of Canada is committed to working with the Government of Philippines and international partners to pursue those responsible for this heinous act and bring them to justice.

“On behalf of the Government of Canada and all Canadians, I would like to express my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Ridsdel. They have endured a terrible ordeal, and this is a devastating moment for all of them. Our thoughts are with them as they come to terms with this loss, and I would ask that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.

“The Government of Canada’s first priority is the safety and security of its citizens. The Government of Canada will not comment or release any information which may compromise ongoing efforts or endanger the safety of the remaining hostages.”
- See more at: pm.gc.ca...

'Captors' - um -ok
He is like all the other PC leaders refusing to identify the real problem in that these are islamic terrorists in a majority islamic country. He calls them terrorists only and hostage takers. Yes that would be a terrible ordeal knowing that your loved one suffered decapitation before he died Mr Trudeau!

"But he's a pretty cool dude yo"

Sigh

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It is fairly common knowledge that foreign nationals should avoid Mindanao and Davao due to their Muslim ties and the extremist that are taking hold their.

The Philippines on the whole is very safe I feel with some of the nicest people you can find that along with it being one of the most heavily populated catholic countries means that any country wide insurgency is unlikely. The reason the southern part even has a Muslim connection is due to the close proximity to Indonesia and Malaysia.

The longer term effects of these acts will simply be tourist will not go there which is a real shame as the Philippines has so much to offer. The problem for a westerner is that how can we be looked at any different than Donald Trump (Financially I mean) not regarding POTUS, We stick out like a sore thumb. If this type of situation continues I think the future for the Philippines will be bleak, I got away from London due to the multi cultural soup that it has become and the level of tension that is there with numerous gangs and just POS that act like they own the place coming in with outrageous demands. It is so sad that almost a whole world away it is the same issues with a cancerous religion that is still causing these issues.

RA

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My most heart felt condolences to the family of this man and our Canadian friends.

How long must we put up with these sort of things?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

Go to Dumaguete,close to Mindanao and a lot of Foreigners have retired here.
I was in Mindanao with my daughter,all my girlfriends family live there but we knew we had to leave,I was in Lanao Del Norte.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gator2001
a reply to: southbeach

I am in Gensan now on Mindanao. I lived in Davao for a while several years ago. What city did you live in? I know there are certain parts that I am not allowed to even think about going, but Gensan seems fine. I have been told to stay away from the mountains, though.

I did go stay on Samal for a few days several years ago. I believe that is where these hostages were taken.

I am curious what city you lived in that ISIS was already there.

I was in Iligan,I did not mean ISIS was there in Iligan what I meant was the locals were saying their in the Philippines already.

The mountains here are very safe and it's a shame I could not explore the ones in Mindanao but I was told they are not safe but having said that when I stayed in Bicol in between Legazpi and Naga City I would go out with my ex wife's brother but some places in the mountains we could not venture as it was not safe.

I met a few Turks in Iligan and they were teaching Islam in Marawi and for sure I was not gonna go near that place.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
If it were my choice, it would be time for JTF2 to get some work in.

My thoughts exactly! In fact, I'd get real surgical on them. Leaders? Toast. Financiers? Toast. Arms providers? Same again. The fact that isn't happening, however, ought to sound the alarm bells.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
And yet another fine example of the religion of peace.

I won't even fly over Islamic nations. Seriously. Check the flight path on the map, if it goes over and Islamic nation. Nope. Worshipping meteorites encased in silver at Mecca is idolatry.

And yet Islam accepts the 10 Commandments. At least in theory, but in reality when you bow before meteorites, then you reject the law contained in the 10 Commandments.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Miracula2 because: added youtube video

top topics

<< 1   >>

join