It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Hostage beheaded in southern Philippines by Abu Sayyaf confirmed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It seems this news is just breaking in the western world but it is confirmed that the Canadian Hostage John Risdel has been murdered and his remains found. There are currently a number of other hostages being held including one being Canadian the other Norwegian. At the moment no news has been released as to their fate. Local news agencies in the Philippines are stating that a operation is taking place in the area at the moment.

I really hope this works out better than the last time the Philippines special action force engaged with radical muslim militants in the south as that ended up with a high number of dead soldiers when they where ambushed. Fingers crossed they can put a end to this BS and rid the area of these people.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

news.nationalpost.com...

RA

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
As an American who recently moved to Minadao in the Philippines its very scary.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder

Indeed, I am also a expat in Visayas and I have extended family in Minadao. I have been advised that it is about as far south as I should venture and to avoid Davao. I am well traveled on the whole but when you are dealing with these psychopaths all bets are off as to what will happen (Religion of peace??). I know a lot of extra effort is being made in Boracay with extra police and security as that is the hot bed for foreign nationals and that would be a big target although as it is a island so maybe not the best for a quick exit.

On the whole the Philippines to me feels very safe just make sure you have a exit plan ready and make sure someone in the extended family? has a firearm and can use it if the very worst did happen.

RA

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I'm in Digos City so I'm always in Davao, its really unavoidable for me .

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This kind of stuff is so unfortunate. It shows how little value the government places on its citizens and teaches people that if they're kidnapped to spend everyday knowing you're going to be brutally killed eventually.

From what I've heard the government doesn't even try to negotiate. It's like saying go ahead and kill them as they have no value to us.

Hope I'm never kidnapped.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yes, I made a thread when these men were reported captured, and under duress pleaded with their nations.. Still people do not accept the realities of Islamic extremism and the reformation that needs to take place within Islam... How many more innocents? This is such sad news, I'm sorry for this man and his family, we are going to have to stop arguing the western ills every time violent Islam is brought up, and start discussing practical solutions whatever those may be, NO MORE INNOCENTS BLOOD!

RIP... I am an atheist but my thoughts are with those still captured..

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If it were my choice, it would be time for JTF2 to get some work in.
edit on 25-4-2016 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

These are the guys who are specially trained to fight the insurgents. Their training is part ranger and part typical hurt them until it really hurts just so they can know when they think they are dead tired they still have a few miles left in their body's gas tank.

I did jungle survival school in the P.I. and all I can say is some of their troops are very well suited to jungle warfare. Tough and able to withstand the elements one heck of allot better than many others.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why didn't Canada send troops in to get them? Or the Phillipines special forces?

Although, if Canada had travel advisories in place warning against travel to the area because of Islamic extremists, can you really justify putting the military special forces lives at risk because men failed to head those advisories in place by their nations government. The US State Department has travel warnings in place for Mindinao and the Sulu Archepelago.

travel.state.gov...

If you go there as an American you can't say unless you are on official government business that you aren't warned. Canada has warnings in place for Mindinao and Sulu below at their website link below.

travel.gc.ca...
edit on 25-4-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder

I was living there before Christmas and was advised to get out when I went to the dentists and he told me that there was around 50 Doctors and Dentists on the kidnap list in the city I was in so they are always looking over their shoulders and the Dentist was moving back to Bohol because of the threat.
But as a foreigner they could just randomly snatch me off the street so I have since moved to Visayas.

The locals in Mindanao told me ISIS was there already,whether that's true or not I cannot confirm.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I'm here for my fiancee and she loves her family but I want to leave as soon as I can.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

How does a nation accept it when the beheading is whitewashed and the religion not once identified by your leader???
PM Trudeau statement

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the death of Canadian John Ridsdel:

“I am outraged by the news that a Canadian citizen, John Ridsdel, held hostage in the Philippines since September 21, 2015, has been killed at the hands of his captors.

“Canada condemns without reservation the brutality of the hostage-takers, and this unnecessary death. This was an act of cold-blooded murder and responsibility rests squarely with the terrorist group who took him hostage.

“The Government of Canada is committed to working with the Government of Philippines and international partners to pursue those responsible for this heinous act and bring them to justice.

“On behalf of the Government of Canada and all Canadians, I would like to express my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Ridsdel. They have endured a terrible ordeal, and this is a devastating moment for all of them. Our thoughts are with them as they come to terms with this loss, and I would ask that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.

“The Government of Canada’s first priority is the safety and security of its citizens. The Government of Canada will not comment or release any information which may compromise ongoing efforts or endanger the safety of the remaining hostages.”
- See more at: pm.gc.ca...

'Captors' - um -ok
He is like all the other PC leaders refusing to identify the real problem in that these are islamic terrorists in a majority islamic country. He calls them terrorists only and hostage takers. Yes that would be a terrible ordeal knowing that your loved one suffered decapitation before he died Mr Trudeau!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That photo speaks volumes. Hiding their faces... pointing guns at helpless unarmed people sitting on the ground.. Yet they think they're powerful? Ha... that's a load.

The free world should combine their intelligence to isolate and bomb all the terrorists out of existence. It would be no problem at all if we weren't so "touchy-feely". The USA is even too squeamish to dump water on someone's face to make them talk! Probably Canada is of the same mindset. A pity..

edit on 4/25/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am so SICK of these damned POS's! They are WORTHLESS to this world! Good for nothing but ground filler. Not even fertilizer, because their whole being, whole ideology is nothing but poisonous. They make the world an ugly place, unacceptable to any civilized person, unacceptable to a decent life...and TOTALLY unpardonable, irredeemable in any fashion.

I'm sick of PC dictating that we can't approach ridding the earth of this venomous spawn with total impunity because it "might offend", or some other hackneyed excuse. SOMEONE has to draw a line, HAS to say " ENOUGH"! Why aren't leaders declaring total war on these subhuman factions? Why aren't those who are truly peaceful and good up in arms to stop those who are bringing hatred, shame and death to them? Why is it up to everyone else, whose responsibility it's not? I just don't get it.

Sorry...I don't usually rant, but this is one subject that can turn me inside out at the very mention of yet another mindless murder in the name of "religion". Especially when it claims everything that it's not...PEACEFUL. Or is there another definition of the word that we all seem to be missing?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sad to read this.

My sympathy to the Family of the person murdered.

An action that helps no one....

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I am in Gensan now on Mindanao. I lived in Davao for a while several years ago. What city did you live in? I know there are certain parts that I am not allowed to even think about going, but Gensan seems fine. I have been told to stay away from the mountains, though.

I did go stay on Samal for a few days several years ago. I believe that is where these hostages were taken.

I am curious what city you lived in that ISIS was already there.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And yet another fine example of the religion of peace.
edit on 25-4-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

I have been to Digos many times. I am about 2 hrs south of you in Gensan. I can understand your feelings. I came here 5 years ago and lived in Davao because I was scared of Gensan, where my wife is from.

I later found out that Gensan was safe, just to stay away from the mountains. That is where the terrorists stay.

I won't even consider going to some cities in western Mindanao, like Cotobato and Zamboanga.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Islamic extremists don't see infidels as human, they are like cattle to them.

It's time to drop the PC crap, pretending to take the high road by shooting rainbows and dropping unicorn bombs to describe them every time they slice a neck.

If the public is allowed to get genuinely and fully outraged, as they should with unbiased media informing the public, these liberal wimps we got for leaders would be out of jobs in a heartbeat.
Instead we get excuses like, "that's what they want us to do" or "we can't abandon our values". They cannot see that the terrorists are counting on these liberal hand wringers to shield them from justice by ironically doing exactly what they want as expected.

These idiot jihadists are trapped on an island in known locations, send in all the specially trained anti terror squads the world has and make an example out of them. Too bad we have to wait for Trump to have any real hope and change.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Absolutely terrorist pigs. As an expat living 18 years in Indonesia i have seen 1st hand what they are capable of, and it's cruel barbaric "time machine" action. The religion teaches that they only except allah as their "commander" to follow, NOT earthly governments, presidents or kings etc. Last july 2015 SAUDI PRINCE ALWALEED BIN TALAL, A SENIOR MEMBER OF THE SAUDI MONARCHY, SAYS HE’LL PLEDGE HIS $32 BILLION TO ADVANCE THE ISLAMIZATION OF AMERICA. The prince stated: "80% of the mosques already built in America are Saudi funded". Islamic groups working to impose the "sharia" version of islam are largely funded by the Saudis. We can look forward to 32 billion more of the kingdom’s sharia brand of Islam, while censoring criticism of Islam through muslim brotherhood fronts like CAIR . My immediate thought was to pity most american's who unfortunately know very little about the aims of islam to take over the west including the USA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join