It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Magicians” Prove A Spiritual World Exists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Threads like these remind me why religion is still in business. What's that old P.T. Barnum quote?

Yet another one who didn't read the OP, along with the member below you.
Why can't you and I BOTH be making fun of the gullible?

Most certainly we can. My apologies if I misunderstood your intent. I'm certainly not above making my own errors. Thanks for the input. PT Barnum? "There's a sucker born every minute."

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I enjoyed your post even though you're an idiot for thinking it's REAL!

Just kidding i read the OP.

I have seen the first video and it's a little dramatic. But like any "well made" video it does a decent job of convincing the viewers, if only temporarily.
It sure would be a lot more exciting if they were using demons.
Would make me a little less frightened of demons if I found out that their favorite ways to spend time are by doing parlor tricks for David Hasselhof.

And while i can't pretend to not be amazed at the America's Got Talent folk, the thought of those 2 being in cahoots with evil spirits really gave me a chuckle.

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
I fully believe in the Djinn you speak of. Jesus Christ...not so much.

Djinn are just the Middle-Eastern version of the Rephaim and called daemons elsewhere.

Giants, jinn, 'eternally dead', 'ancestral guardians', daemons, 'the damned' are all the same name for the Rephaim.

Djinn can go anywhere on this entire planet.

In the Qur’an, Iblis the jinn leader didn't like it when he was ordered to be slaves to Adam & Eve. HaSatan or Shaitan class jinn didn't want to be slaves. So if the djinn exist so did Christ Messiah.

Maybe dream your way to the angel prison Tartarus where the rephaim exist in the form of wraiths and banshees. Note: they actually find it relaxing in that hell-hole because it is so silent.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"Bet you didn't know gays are in league with the Devil."

Quite new to me! According to the Book of Job, it appears as though Satan is in league with YHWH

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Can they also transfer diamonds from jewelry shop window displays into their pockets? Can they drive past Fort Knox, and suddenly fill their car trunk with gold. If they could they wouldnt be working on a stage

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I read the entire OP before scrolling, and.....Demons.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

"Bet you didn't know gays are in league with the Devil."

Quite new to me! According to the Book of Job, it appears as though Satan is in league with YHWH

Good point.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I enjoyed your post even though you're an idiot for thinking it's REAL!

Just kidding i read the OP.

I have seen the first video and it's a little dramatic. But like any "well made" video it does a decent job of convincing the viewers, if only temporarily.
It sure would be a lot more exciting if they were using demons.
Would make me a little less frightened of demons if I found out that their favorite ways to spend time are by doing parlor tricks for David Hasselhof.

And while i can't pretend to not be amazed at the America's Got Talent folk, the thought of those 2 being in cahoots with evil spirits really gave me a chuckle.

Lol. Who knew? Right? And who knew demons could be so dependable.

That quick-change act is awesome, but I think the mask changing act in the first 10 minutes of the video is even more amazing. I'd love to know how they do that.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

According to Crowley, magic is the art of shaping reality to ones will. If we consider it from that angle then many things are magical, Engineering for example.
I think stage magicians are great mostly, sure it's trickery but it's clever stuff, particularly Derren Browns work. He employs a lot of psychology and some hypnosis techniques which I find very intriguing. Makes me wonder about the power of the subconscious mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

According to Crowley, magic is the art of shaping reality to ones will. If we consider it from that angle then many things are magical, Engineering for example.
I think stage magicians are great mostly, sure it's trickery but it's clever stuff, particularly Derren Browns work. He employs a lot of psychology and some hypnosis techniques which I find very intriguing. Makes me wonder about the power of the subconscious mind.

Exactly right. Many things become magical under that definition. No demons needed.

Derren is a favorite of mine. His grasp of hypnosis, nlp, and the psychology of the subconscious mind is impressive. I'd dare say he has far surpassed the amazing Kreskin as a mentalist.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see you employed a little trickery yourself in the OP , maybe it wasn't intended but it was funny despite highlighting your position in bold, that one or two jumped right in with their preconceived notions without reading the entire post.
Ha

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ok. Being a firm believer in many things supernatural, I looked forward to seeing the video and watching it with an open mind. I watched about 10 minutes of the video with the face changers and I've already seen the video from America's Got Talent with the clothing changer. I found them both entertaining, but I personally do not believe they have anything to do with possession, demons or the supernatural.

As for the clothing changer, I've seen it before and enjoyed seeing it again. It's a really cool trick that they've obviously practiced to near perfection, but that's all it is. If you look closely in the right places (in other words, don't let all of the frenetic movement distract your attention), it's fairly easy to see a few mistakes. I won't ruin it for anyone, but it isn't supernatural.

As for the face changers, this interested me a bit more since I've never heard of them before, but again, I believe it's merely a trick that's obfuscated by a whole lot of frenetic movement. I can guess at how they do it, but it would merely be a guess. The only way I would ever consider something like this as being supernatural is if someone stood directly in front of me, and without any body movement whatsoever, instantaneously had a mask shift. Then we'd have something to talk about.

In closing, I've had some real experiences during my lifetime with the supernatural - the kind that makes you sick to your stomach and the hairs on your neck stand up. There's a particular energy that's usually associated with the supernatural, and if you're sensitive enough, you know what it feels and looks like when you see it. As much as I've seen some great magic tricks along the way, I can't say that any of them ever had the feel of the supernatural. Just one woman's opinion.

In recent years, many of these entertainers have started referring to themselves as illusionists. For me, that word just about says it all.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I can't believe you buy this stuff OP........

Kidding! I read it all.

Though I know its all human trickery, edits, camera tricks, sleight of hand, and whatnot. I've always had a part of me that wonders if these magicians (Blaine, Chris angel, ECT, ECT).........have ancient sorcery on their sides. Maybe demons and black magic.

This thread caught my eye because lately I've been watching a show called "carbanaro effect" he's a magician that messes with peoples minds on a reality tv show. It's pretty funny, interesting, and entertaining.

If he's not using tricks he's a demon lol. I'll find an example........

edit on 25-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

But...

but yeah, because....

demons.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good stuff! I actually have that Carter poster hanging framed in my house. The Spaghetti factory has a bunch of different ones on the wall

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
Like the video. I'm going to be hunting down some more of those. Definitely demons.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I love Magic, it blows my little mind. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Crowley called his mystical system "magick" with a "k" to distinguish it from stage trickery.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: timidgal

Face changing is done with silk masks and string attached to the costumes. A good performer can make this pull in a fraction of a second.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I almost had it. I knew it had to be a slippery material, but I thought that maybe the masks were already stacked on their face and they were merely pulling one off to expose the next one. Thanks for letting me know. Although it's nothing magical, I have respect for their craft. It can't always be easy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join