It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Magicians” Prove A Spiritual World Exists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Cool. Just making sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The big problem with that video is that I used to love magic tricks and in the first ten minutes or so I sat there listening to a guy say 5 things are impossible without the use of spirits that are actually magic tricks that are for sale that I bought in Las Vegas, very expensive and three and a half of them are so hard I can barely pull em off but if I were to practice like magicians do is be accused I guess of working with dark forces. Nope, waxy trademarked film in a tube that you rub on the backs of playing cards and when one is picked then placed backwards the static energy or something from the applied film makes it dance up even if you put it in a cup and let the card jump out. Or there are invisible much thinner than fishing line threads you wear from one hand across your chest to the other, fake thumb tips which look so real picked by your skin color that you can make anything stuffed into your hands disappear and two of the real WTF tricks that though in not a magician I still do for a friend once a year or two and having spent hundreds on the secret ill keep in my back pocket. But my gosh video man lets save the impossible claims for the crap Chris angel does.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Haha I chuckle at a little as I read claims like this. I don't disagree about the existence of spirits or demons but I am baffled to witness ppl claim demonic or spiritual influence. Yes, the shortcut to power is there, but those who choose to traverse the path find that all that potential is already within and can be manifested without. No denying that many take the shortcut but please understand it is not necessary.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've gone to see Derren Brown live as well as meet him in person at an event.

He openly admits there is nothing 'magical' about what he does and that it is nothing more than predicting predictable human behaviour.

One of his shows had him go to America where he pretended to be a faith healer, an alien abductee etc. He said at the beginning of the show that if ANYONE asked him if he was lying or if it was a trick he would openly say, "Yes it is, I am fooling you."

But no one did. Everyone on the show believed in what he did. More to the point, people didn't question it. And that is what he was trying to get people to do - question things, ask 'why' and 'why not'.

Don't get me wrong - i think the man is a genius and is also a genuinely great person. But it isn't "magic" as it were, not like what Game of Thrones or Disney would have you believe.
edit on 28-4-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Mrs. Harry Houdini has proven spiritual manifestations do not exist,
of the sort magicians can conjure. The finest magician of all time,
before he died, Houdini promised his wife he would try to contact
her from the spirit world. By her own testimony, he never was able
to contact her.

All of the T.V. magicians like David Blaine, who can amaze with their
tricks, are performing tricks with nothing but illusions.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: add

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Some of the things that these magicians do got me questioning whether real demons are used. At first, I thought everyone who thought that were silly but there are magic which are really unexplainable. (Either that or they use stooges and CGI)
edit on 7-5-2016 by icyboy771z because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I do not agree with the view that stage magicians are using outside help (demons , Djins, emelentals , etc). To me, It is all sleight of hand,exploiting powers of suggestion, etc

Why put these illusionists on par with occultists ? They do not deserve being put on such a pedestal.

On the other hand, I believe there are a few occultists (very few) who earn a living masquerading as stage magicians. That is a very different proposition.

edit on 8-5-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yes... of course there is OP. The word is "FUN!"

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It's called magic, its trickery, just because you haven't been able to work out how it's done does not mean it's "supernatural" or "demons".

ATS, we really, REALLY, need a facepalm emoji.

Yes we do. For those who have reading comprehension deficits.

You knew perfectly well that no-one would get past the video before they responded. It is disturbing how many posters are agreeing with it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You knew perfectly well that no-one would get past the video before they responded.

The thought did cross my mind.

It is disturbing how many posters are agreeing with it.

Indeed.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It is disturbing how many posters are agreeing with it.
a reply to: DJW001

Not really if you read the entire thread, as you should have the OP. The vast majority agree, no demons needed.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

On the other hand, I believe there are a few occultists (very few) who earn a living masquerading as stage magicians. That is a very different proposition.

I have a feeling that is probably true as well. However, I do not know of anyone myself.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

I do not agree with the view that stage magicians are using outside help (demons , Djins, emelentals , etc). To me, It is all sleight of hand,exploiting powers of suggestion, etc

Why put these illusionists on par with occultists ? They do not deserve being put on such a pedestal.

There are people who admit that they use outside help. You may not agree with them. But are the really lying? Or do you know so much more about the arts than they do?

Take for example this person who appeared on America's Got Talent. He went on to the finals I believe. And he kept stating over and over that his spirit friend "Desment" who was with him since he was a child helps him. He doesn't even know who it is, so he claims.

He stated this very matter-of-factly over air for the entire world to hear. And eventually the judges had to tell him to stop saying that his spirit guide Desment was helping him. lol.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: QuinnP

Man... I seriously hope you are not suggesting that just because this guy that was on a reality TV game show says he cultivated his talents with the help of demons that it is actually true.

You may as well be saying:

I don't know, so.... Demons.

/endthread

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Man... I seriously hope you are not suggesting that just because this guy that was on a reality TV game show says he cultivated his talents with the help of demons that it is actually true.

You may as well be saying:

I don't know, so.... Demons.

/endthread

You ignore what he said. I didn't. And actually he never said that demons helped him. He said it was a spirit that was with him since he was a child. You understand it was a demon. That is why you blanked out what he really said.

Why do you chide me for believing he is telling the truth. There are several magicians that do admit they have spirits that help them. Obviously there are two types of magic tricks. One is slight of hand. The other goes beyond that and is supernatural and is performed by demonic spirit entities.

Most performing magicians are slight of hand magicians. And many of them may not even know the true soruce of real magic and think as many of the mockers and those who ridicule.

But do not doubt for a second that there are real magicians who use demons.
edit on 10-5-2016 by QuinnP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

He stated this very matter-of-factly over air for the entire world to hear. And eventually the judges had to tell him to stop saying that his spirit guide Desment was helping him. lol.

This is what is known as patter. Like someone saying they discovered the trick by studying ancient Egyptian papyri or some crap.

It's showmanship. It's the bs frosting surrounding the trick that makes it entertainment instead of a documentary.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

This is what is known as patter. Like someone saying they discovered the trick by studying ancient Egyptian papyri or some crap.

It's showmanship. It's the bs frosting surrounding the trick that makes it entertainment instead of a documentary.

Can you state your source that he was lying. If you are just assuming this, your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Can you state your source that he was lying. If you are just assuming this, your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

YOU are the one making the assertion, bwana. It is up to you to disprove the null hypothesis. You must therefore prove that they ARE using demons, and since magician patter is an old and well known phenomenon, you cannot use what they say.

Get to instrumenting, sir!

Your epiphany lies here

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

YOU are the one making the assertion, bwana. It is up to you to disprove the null hypothesis. You must therefore prove that they ARE using demons, and since magician patter is an old and well known phenomenon, you cannot use what they say.

Get to instrumenting, sir!

Your epiphany lies here

No I don't have to prove he is telling the truth. If you doubt he is telling the truth, you are the one that has the responsibility to prove it.

So far you haven't shown me any evidence, and I doubt you have any that he is lying. And I didn't ask you about other people.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You can't even prove that demons exist whatsoever. Much less that some magician has somehow convinced a fallen angel to help with card tricks.

However, we DO know that stage magicians use sleight of hand to perform 'magic'. Thus, everything your supposed demon-user does can and has been done by other magicians who admit how it is done.

I suggest you read about patter and showmanship, it's a lot more real than a 'demon'.

eta: Seriously...stage magic IS showmanship. Without that, it's boring as hell. What do you expect the guy to say?

"I practiced my ass off for months to get this pass down where you can't see it, unless you look right here...everyone look right here...see? RIght! So it's really neat, huh?" (boo! booo!)

OR

"I found an ancient document from the sands of Tunisia...inside was a way to invoke the Demon Baalshadsut! Watch as I call upon the demon to move this card from here to your pocket! OWA...TAGOO...SIAM!"
edit on 10-5-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join