It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Magicians” Prove A Spiritual World Exists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Most of us have seen a magician perform, either on TV, or in person. We have all been impressed with their skill, whether it is with cards, birds, coins, levitation, disappearing acts, death defying feats, and so on. The author of this very long video contends that magicians perform their feats, not necessarily with trickery and/or sleight of hand, but with the aid of spirits and demons, and they know it, as well as admitting to it in many cases. He notes that many of the feats of magic accomplished by those such as David Copperfield, David Blaine, The Blackstones, Houdini, and many others are not possible without the help of the spirit world or demons. He also shows that all of the greats from the 19th through 21rst century frequently show demons aiding and abetting the magician in his practice of magic on their posters. Such as this one...

and this one with Derren Brown...

...whom he also notes is openly homosexual, as well as a German magician. Bet you didn't know gays are in league with the Devil.

One type of magic act he mentions I found of particular interest is face or mask changing(first 10 minutes), which seems to be popular in Asian countries. No doubt these guys are incredible, and one could almost be convinced there's some real magic going on there. One need not watch the whole video to comment on the topic. I am over a half hour into it, and have found it quite interesting, even though I completely disagree with the author. To me, it's just another case of: "We don't know how it's done, so...demons.

I love this short act. Very well executed...

Demons? /Sarcasm
edit on 4/25/2016 by Klassified because: edits, corrections, additions, and bolding for those who skim instead of reading the OP

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well I suppose this could be possible given that a person has the ability to "tap in" to other realms. If it were true I could see most of them keeping it a secret due to the potential fallout of making such claims.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
if it were me, i would add those little imps just to screw with people. it would make me laugh to think someone was actually running around screaming "witchcraft!" while thousands of others are lining up with cash in hand.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
The author says in his video, that some of them actually use the claim of help from the spirit realm as an advertising gimmick. The posters insinuate it, and the magicians talk about it. Either they are being truthful, or it's meant to sell tickets. The latter me thinks.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Demons?

Djinn actually.

And hold on a minute, one minute its Jesus Christ is all fake in your previous posts and now Daemons exist !!!!
Uh - cannot have a fake Jesus Christ removing demons followed by a post that is 50/50 on the fact that they exist.
A non-believer in Yahushua would not even bring this magic stuff up in the first place, unless .....

Ever wondered how a magician manages to put cards on the opposite side of a shop window ? or inserts a large coin into a bystanders empty soft drink can - try fire elementals (Shaitan Djinn) that melt the barrier object (can, glass) in another dimension and carry the coin or card through the dimension.

Oh and knowing what the bystander is thinking and then the magician writes it down. Djinn work by suggestion. Information can be transported in real-time from mortal to mortal via djinns. This is how tarot card reading is done on chat-lines.

Ever wondered how a magician flies up a block of flats in the wind - try a air elemental that lifts him up and down.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

"Ever wondered how a magician manages to put cards on the opposite side of a shop window ? or inserts a large coin into a bystanders empty soft drink can -"

Or a $20 bill inside of an orange (serial number matched the bill taken from the volunteer), or an unopened pickle jar 😳

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

..and here I was, minding my own business, thinking that NO ONE, literally no one - not even children - could possibly believe that magicians are 'for real' ..and then this thread comes along..

Are YOU for real?

Edit: I guess I am technically still bound by an NDA pertaining to one of David Copperfield's shows, but I do not think I will be sued for disclosing that the magic is not real. Dude, it is not real.
edit on 25-4-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

"Ever wondered how a magician manages to put cards on the opposite side of a shop window ? or inserts a large coin into a bystanders empty soft drink can -"

Or a $20 bill inside of an orange (serial number matched the bill taken from the volunteer), or an unopened pickle jar 😳

So what does a magician do to keep the demons trust? I mean if I were a magician, I would be constantly worried that the little devils might perform some of their own trickery and maybe place the items in places that were not agreed upon. That continued failure to deliver a properly executed trick could ruin a career easily.

For that reason, I am going to have to say, this is not the work of spirits but of a carefully crafted deceit by a clever human.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Are you saying demons can't exist without Christianity?
....wut?

I fully believe in the Djinn you speak of. Jesus Christ...not so much.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Threads like these remind me why religion is still in business. What's that old P.T. Barnum quote?
edit on 25-4-2016 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'll give the first video a watch and see if you maybe might have a point. But LOL the second video. QuickChange is your example of an "impossible" magic trick? They are one of the most mainstream halftime-show acts out there, with countless copycats. And plenty of videos on YT that literally show you how they do it.

I hope you were just including that one because it's entertaining.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And hold on a minute, one minute its Jesus Christ is all fake in your previous posts and now Daemons exist !!!! Uh - cannot have a fake Jesus Christ removing demons followed by a post that is 50/50 on the fact that they exist. A non-believer in Yahushua would not even bring this magic stuff up in the first place, unless .....

Does anyone actually read the OP any more? From the OP...

I am over a half hour into it, and have found it quite interesting, even though I completely disagree with the author. To me, it's just another case of: "We don't know how it's done, so...demons.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

..and here I was, minding my own business, thinking that NO ONE, literally no one - not even children - could possibly believe that magicians are 'for real' ..and then this thread comes along..

Are YOU for real?

Edit: I guess I am technically still bound by an NDA pertaining to one of David Copperfield's shows, but I do not think I will be sued for disclosing that the magic is not real. Dude, it is not real.

Again. Does anyone actually read the OP any more? See my post to Rapha.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Threads like these remind me why religion is still in business. What's that old P.T. Barnum quote?

Yet another one who didn't read the OP, along with the member below you.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's called magic, its trickery, just because you haven't been able to work out how it's done does not mean it's "supernatural" or "demons".

ATS, we really, REALLY, need a facepalm emoji.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It's called magic, its trickery, just because you haven't been able to work out how it's done does not mean it's "supernatural" or "demons".

ATS, we really, REALLY, need a facepalm emoji.

Yes we do. For those who have reading comprehension deficits.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

originally posted by: snowspirit

So what does a magician do to keep the demons trust? I mean if I were a magician, I would be constantly worried that the little devils might perform some of their own trickery and maybe place the items in places that were not agreed upon. That continued failure to deliver a properly executed trick could ruin a career easily.

For that reason, I am going to have to say, this is not the work of spirits but of a carefully crafted deceit by a clever human.

Oh, I agree. It's not demons, but it is incredibly phenomenal, some of the tricks they're able to do. Looks like sorcery, therefore we jest that it is.
Some stuff - is just done so well that we non magicians are befuddled, amazed, gob-smacked......

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Yet another one who didn't read the OP, along with the member below you.
Why can't you and I BOTH be making fun of the gullible?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Klassy, i think that the vast majority of the time, the explanations are occulted, but straightforward to those "in the know."

Sometimes though, there does seem to be something going on beyond a strict materialist explanation. Im not sure we see this on TV shows, etc. but some life experiences can be a bit.. wonky.

That said, i think its problematic to try to explain it all in terms of thousand year old cultural understandings, and perhaps even modern cultural contexts can not suffice. Its incredibly easy to get caught up in semantic battles though, and that brings any meaningful discussion to a screeching halt.

If true, it would mean the "goings-on" are occurring in an area that we are currently unable to measure and explore. What would be exciting about that, is the implications and opportunities beyond "ghosts and demons."

I can see a few areas of possibility, but it might even be several steps beyond our current mythologies and culture.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Would be great if we could all look at the "spiritual world" the same, like a book we all learn at a young age maybe

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join