It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-life Women Last Appeared On U.S. Paper Money 100 Years Ago; Black People Never Have

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I know the topic surfaced sometime late last year. With the upcoming election (literally right around the corner) this makes me wonder. Did this 9yr old girl's letter to Obama push the 'women on bills' ammendment?

Will the push and approval of the new bills help or hinder Billary? Will the approval of A.A.'s and women push the approval of a female POTUS? Me thinks more surprises to come.

Are we ready for this new change, and what in the heck lies ahead????? Let's hear ya AT$!!!!!!

Abolitionist Harriet Tubman, barrier-breaking opera singer Marian Anderson and female suffragists won’t be the first real-life women to appear on major United States paper currency, but they will be the first in more than a century.

Pocahontas once graced the back of the national $20 bill in an image, based on a painting now in the Capitol Rotunda and on a note first issued in the 1865, that portrayed her baptism. She appears dressed in a gown and kneeling on a podium before a priest, flanked by settlers on one side and Native Americans on the other.

Martha Washington, the United States’s initial first lady, appeared on U.S. $1 silver certificates in 1886, 1891 and 1896.

women on currency
edit on 21-4-2016 by ReadLeader because: Letter

edit on 4/21/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I really couldn't give a # who adorns the notes.
edit on 21-4-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hillary is pandering to Women/Blacks, just like she panders to everyone else. She jumps on every opportunity to get an "in" with whoever is in the spotlight at the moment.
Funny how she is all for something and always thinks it's "high time something was done" but she never brings it up herself.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wow! I didn't know about the Pocahontas $20.
That would NEVER fly today...the "taming" (because, come on, baptism?) of a Native person depicted on currency, it almost seems like subjugation.
The more you know...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A politician pandering? Shocked. Shocked, I'll tell you!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good grief, 100 years since the last woman on a banknote?

And never any black people?

That's extraordinary.

People who think 'white male privilege' doesn't exist? Please have a little think about this.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Seems thoroughly appropriate to me. It will forever cement in the minds of US Americans that indeed, life in
America and the focus of the US Federal Government, really is...........all about black people. Which to my mind creates a puzzlement about how Hispanics will feel about this considering they're the new majority minority in the US. Guess they'll continue to play second fiddle. But, if projections are correct, the Chinese will outnumber everyone in 100 years. Guess they'll want Chairman Mao on the $20.00 dollar bill.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I don't know why this would have ANYTHING to do with Hillary...

There are a few threads about this already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: DAVID64
Hillary is pandering to Women/Blacks, just like she panders to everyone else.

Yeah! And she's the only politician to EVER do that, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Wow! I didn't know about the Pocahontas $20.
That would NEVER fly today...the "taming" (because, come on, baptism?) of a Native person depicted on currency, it almost seems like subjugation.
The more you know...

That's because it was/is subjugation.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Only Dead Presidents adorn our 'currency'. Good movie by the same title, btw.

Whos face is on that coin?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
Oh my! White males on a piece of paper! Oh my the privilege. LOL

They were leaders, no duh they're going to be on the currency...there is no white male privilege.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Things change. Who the F even cares who is pictured on bills? If you are angry because of this, you are racist, sexist, trash.

Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think a white male Alfred E Neuman would be appropriate on a note

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Who gives a damn, if you don't like it don't use it. If it spends the same, fine by me. The only thing they have done to bother me with any of the new notes is it all looks like freaking monopoly money now.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't see any honor in being on one of the Federal Reserve Notes. Seems the plan is to eliminate currency anyways, so I see this as more of an insult then an honor.
edit on 21-4-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

their is only two kinds of white male privilege, the kind that involves secret societies and old money that traces back to the monarchy.

the other involves a bunch of idiot, hipster, bleeding heart crybabys pretending that all white males belong in category of the fore-mentioned

clearly white male privilege is not a thing for 99.9 percent of white males and im tired of people saying it to be so.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

so because everyone else does it hilary shouldn't be scrutinized for it, this is the reason are whole political system is a joke.

The Powers That Be knows exactly how naive and short-sighted their "voters" are. That and the system is rigged from the gate.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Of course they get rid of Jackson, he shut down the 2nd Central Bank of America. And they keep slave impregnator Jefferson.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Last I checked I am considered a "white male" and also last I checked I have not been privileged to jack sh#t, so yeah this whole "white/male privilege" BS needs to stop. One of my best friends is a black lesbian and makes more a year than I do. So put that in your stereo type pipes and smoke it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They should put Hillary on the $20 dollar bill, because she represents all the lying, self-serving, criminality, pandering to the rich, and the mountain of BS the American government represents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join