It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Says its Wage Hikes Are Improving Service

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So who plays a more important roll in the companies success and deserves a large share of he profit?

The people actually physically doing the work and satisfying the customers or someone who bought some stock with the click of a button?

By your logic I can assume that the useless people stocking the inventory and actually doing all the ground work are not playing a more important roll in the generation of those profits than shareholders sitting behind a desk in NYC and do not deserve the lions share of the profit?

Meanwhile they don't make enough money to buy stock in the company they make all that money for in the first place.

Their essentially slaves so someone else can get rich and you stand behind this?

Your disgusting.

I think you are purposely playing games here...but I'll bite. You worded this wrong. It isn't the job that is unimportant, it is the fact that anyone, any person sometimes even a monkey can do the job. "Joe" that is stocking shelves is of no value to the company. Joe's job IS of value to the company and their customers. Joe isn't...never was. Joe is easily replaceable, maybe even by automation. So...the company is loyal to the job, not the one performing the job in this case.

And with that said, the company should only care about a few people. Those who fund it, those who patronize it and those who they owe money to (including stock holders). Workers? They are able to walk away in a heartbeat and therefore have no loyalty to the company...why would the company be loyal to them?

Some people blame the company for being concerned mostly with profit and continuing to do business. But that is all a company is...a business that exists solely to sell and profit. Your anger at any such company can be compared to being pissed off that a mosquito bites. That is what it is...that is what it does. What do you want to do, change its very nature? Do so to a mosquito and it dies. Do so to a company and it dies also. And all these liberal views to treat unequal people equally, to give special treatment to some group because THEY think everyone should, the rich being mugged to give the lazy money to buy drugs. Whatever you want to call it, the end result is that society dies just like the mosquito.

What we have today works and it works for hundreds of little reasons. Screw up enough of those hundreds of reasons trying to force an impossible utopia down people's throats and guess what. You kill the system that employs, feeds, insures, etc. the population.

In short, you screwing with your "ideals" of the way you think it "should" be will do nothing but destroy society.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Everyone who contributes to the successful outcome of the company deserves at least a fair share regardless.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Why? Why do you deserve "a fair share" of MY company? Did you come up with the idea, the funding, take out the loans, suffer while it initially struggled, bailed it out when it nearly failed? What you deserve is the going rate that I have to pay to fill a particular task. If I need someone to greet people...you are worth what the lowest member of the public is willing to accept for the same job. That is it.

You seem to think "you" matter or are somehow important. You're not. You are one in seven billion people in the world. Sure, you are likely special to those who love you. Family, etc. But to me...you aren't anything but someone interested in a job. And my job as the owner of the company is to hire you for the lowest I can while getting the required amount of quality work. THAT IS MY JOB! And I am held to that my the stockholders and/or other owners.

Yes...it is my job to fill all the work positions by spending the least, and getting the most from you. Welcome to life and business. Hell...welcome to reality. This is how the world works. Animals get food by selecting the weakest meal that takes the least energy and poses the least danger. I kill and eat what gives me the most, for the smallest expenditure.

Geezzzz.
edit on 4/19/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I deserve a fair share of your company because I helped you produced a value that in turn make your company able to survive.

You really think all your employees are that worthless?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: feedmemore
a reply to: feedmemore

Well he's had to work really terrible jobs and gone through a lot. Such as working at a fast food restaurant. So, your statement, which seems to basically say, "People who work at McDonalds live in their parents house, don't pay rent and are losers." It's just not true man and we need to look beyond what we perceive. I'm not trying to be all PC, I just wanted to say in this particular case, those assumptions shouldn't be made. We need to look at all of the reasons grown people work at places like that. I'm sure a lot is because some people are lazy, but the main problem is our economy. When you're mom/grandma and mine have to go back to work at Walmart, McDonalds or whatever at 70 when they retired after working their entire lives, there's something seriously wrong. And it needs to be addressed.

There are always exceptions. But for the most part, McDonalds is a starter job and a fall-back job. It is not there to make a living, raise children and buy a house. But when you need it...there it is. And it won't be if the company goes out of business.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I want some of that!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I've actually applied to McDonald's like 3 times over the last 5 or so years and never got called for an interview once.

Some starter job.

In retrospect however I'm extremely glad they didn't I would have quit in a week.

Edit: actually I did happen to get interviewed once because the manager was there when I walked in to apply but still never got called back.

So yeah starter my ass. You probably have no idea how competitive it is to acquire what you define as a 'starter job' anymore.
edit on 2016-04-19T19:01:07-05:002016Tue, 19 Apr 2016 19:01:07 -0500v000000072016-04-19T19:01:07-05:002016Tue, 19 Apr 2016 19:01:07 -0500Tue, 19 Apr 2016 19:01:07 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

a reply to: TerryDon79

It doesn't need to ensure customer satisfaction at all. All it's about is satisfying customers needs for that product.

Do I even?

I'm not even addressing the rest of your post because your a disgusting human being advocating slavery.

False equivalency.

Slaves can't CHOOSE to be a slave or CHOOSE to leave.

McDonalds workers CHOOSE to work there and can CHOOSE to leave.

Some slaves actually stayed with their owners out of survival - Sound Similar?
And many slaves that left, died.

Where is the McDonalds young and elderly workers going to go to survive?

How the end of slavery led to starvation and death for millions of black Americans
www.theguardian.com...

Hundreds of thousands of slaves freed during the American civil war died from disease and hunger after being liberated,
edit on 19-4-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I deserve a fair share of your company because I helped you produced a value that in turn make your company able to survive.

You really think all your employees are that worthless?

Nope! I have some very valuable employees. Smart people who work hard and are paid well. But that pay is their compensation. I don't owe them anything else except for some thanks. You have a warped sense of importance. There are very few employees at any company that help build the company. "Joe" did nothing more than the task I hired him for in exchange for minimum wage. "Joe" took his compensation...I owe him nothing more. I offered pay for a job, he did the job and got paid. Nothing more.

Now...a skilled worker that DOES help build the company could one day become a partner. But I highly doubt that saying "hello" and "goodbye" to people is going to be the position that gets offered a partnership.

And I'm done. You don't sound like an idiot so I know you know this is true. You may not like it in your Utopian dream...but your dream is just that. Not reality.

G'night

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: TerryDon79

a reply to: TerryDon79

It doesn't need to ensure customer satisfaction at all. All it's about is satisfying customers needs for that product.

Do I even?

I'm not even addressing the rest of your post because your a disgusting human being advocating slavery.

False equivalency.

Slaves can't CHOOSE to be a slave or CHOOSE to leave.

McDonalds workers CHOOSE to work there and can CHOOSE to leave.

Some slaves actually stayed with their owners out of survival - Sound Similar?
And many slaves that left, died.

Where is the McDonalds young and elderly workers going to go to survive?

How the end of slavery led to starvation and death for millions of black Americans
www.theguardian.com...

Still a false equivalency.

If you're unemployed you get more from the state than you do at McDonald's.

If you're no longer a slave and die, how is that similar to having income from the state?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I have no utopian dreams but people need to be compensated for sacrificing their life so you can make millions.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ahhhh...what the hell! Couldn't resist another example.

So according to your logic, when you hire someone to cut your lawn or paint your home, you owe them part of your house? Of course not...they didn't contribute to or grow your home. They were paid for a service and then they go away.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

And they were compensated. They were paid an amount they agreed to take for the task when they accepted the job. Nothing more is owed.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

And now their fighting for better wages and I support them.

And yes I understand the franchise structure and yes I think Macdonalds rips off the franchise owner and it's a bad business model that shouldn't exist anymore.

If these so called business owners were forced to be more creative with their investment im sure they would make even more money that pays higher wages.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

And now their fighting for better wages and I support them.

And yes I understand the franchise structure and yes I think Macdonalds rips off the franchise owner and it's a bad business model that shouldn't exist anymore.

If these so called business owners were forced to be more creative with their investment im sure they would make even more money that pays higher wages.

And there is your forced utopia. FORCE the business owners to be more creative with THEIR investment? Do you really support forcing people to do what others think they should??? And, "fighting" for "better" wages makes no mention of whether the better wage is deserved.

So...you approve of paying people more than they are worth to the business and FORCING the business owners to do better or work harder to pay these people more than they are worth. YOUR WORDS!

L-I-B-E-R-A-L. And you will be the death of society. You can't even admit that you are part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If Macdonalds wasn't available for the lazy investor they would have no choice but to get creative with their money.

Stop trying to paint me as a Marxist jeez give me a break.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And I'm off. I've got to get up at 3:00am to work on MY business which employees me and two other partners...and a couple of nice people that just want their agreed to salary.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If Macdonalds wasn't available for the lazy investor they would have no choice but to get creative with their money.

Stop trying to paint me as a Marxist jeez give me a break.

Again..."you approve of paying people more than they are worth to the business and FORCING the business owners to do better or work harder to pay these people more than they are worth. YOUR WORDS!"

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

yup and their fighting for a higher salary so obviously they don't agree anymore and I support them.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It's got nothing to do with me forcing anyone it's a simple fact that Macdonalds is the easy way out for someone who can't think of another way to produce a higher value.

It's got nothing to do with me forcing anything it's a universal force that I have no control over.

Outdated business model bad for everyone but the CEO and poisons communities. I'll be glad to see it go.

Your totally misunderstanding my statements and putting words in my mouth to support your agenda in an emotional reaction that really has no substance.
edit on 4/19/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join