It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2, North Carolina mandate to hate homosexuals.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

Oh, by the way, these girls ARE transgender that by NC law now have to use the men's/boy's bathroom. That is wrong, dangerous and unethical without even considering the psychological damage this will cause.

Let's also not forget that transgender men will also be forced to use the bathroom with YOUR wife and daughters.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RepealTheLaw
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

Social norms dictate that you use the bathroom that your genitals dictate. I would say serious jail time other wise.

Social Norms?

Like, if you're black use the other water faucet.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If you are a confused person, go to the bathroom before you leave home..

Among the transgender people who responded to Herman’s study about restroom access, 54 percent reported adverse health effects from trying to avoid using public restrooms, such as dehydration, kidney infections, and urinary tract infections; 10 percent of respondents who attended school in D.C. reported a negative impact on their education, including having excessive absences and dropping out of school due to issues related to restroom access; and 58 percent reported that they have avoided going out in public due to a lack of safe public restroom facilities.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Freija

What is your point with this post? If they are female, they go in the female bathroom. If they are male, they go into the mens room. How hard is that?

I think the point of this to make you see how stupid this sounds and to point out how you know exactly nothing about the lives of transgender children and people. Tell your daughter they have to use the men's room from now on and see if she likes it. With your lack of compassion and black and white thinking, I hope you don't have children.

-edit-

After making this post, I reconsidered my tone and wish to apologize. I am simply frustrated and fed up to my eyeballs with this lack of information and ignorance, willful or not, about transgender children and how these laws totally disregard them, the difficult things they have to deal with and the problems and heartache they cause for their parents doing everything possible to help their kids to grow up to be healthy, happy and productive men and women.

Being trans is not about sexuality. These girls are going to grow up and be straight heterosexual women at the same ratio if not more so than natal females. Many will become wives and mothers to adoptive or step-children and even as children themselves, are not confused about who they are as people or what gender they are. They are not going to grow up to be the predatory monsters that trans people are made out to be when in fact they are the ones at risk.

This issue is far more complicated and nuanced than the simple proclamation that if you have a penis you must use the boys washroom or a vagina the girls. Who people are as people, to themselves and to others, is more than the sum of their private parts and it is reductive and dismissive to think of people as just their genitals.

So, you're trying to tell me if one of the girls in the pictures I posted, some of which have been living as such and only known as such since six or seven years old was now an attractive and curvaceous high school student, you would expect them to use the men's bathroom because the law said so? Would you really expect that if one of these girls was your child? If her classmates didn't know, which is typical in most of these cases what do you think it would do her emotional state to be "outed" as something she never was? Let me answer that for you - damaging and devastating.

Please educate yourself on this subject. Your simplistic and neandertholic views just don't cut it in the real world anymore where these kids and people exist and are real and are who they say they are.
edit on 4/15/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Here is the more pertinent, underlying issue, in my opinion...

I can "identify" as whatever I want, but it doesn't actually make me that.

At what point does the law have to draw the line when it comes to costumes? A person with a penis wearing a costume does not make a woman. Sorry...nope, nope, and nope.

You can add psychological crap about whatever, but it does not change the fact that you have a penis. Yes, it is that simple.

Same with pregnancy. Either you are pregnant or you aren't. You can either have babies or you can't. Yes, it is that simple.
edit on 15-4-2016 by gator2001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

Doing everything I can here to avoid being banned and please excuse my bluntness and crude language.

So, if you cut off your dick, would that make YOU a woman? If not, explain why.

edit on 4/15/2016 by Freija because: too pissed to type

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Doing everything I can here to avoid being banned and please excuse my bluntness and crude language.

So, if you cut off your dick, would that make YOU a woman? If not, explain why.

Yes, I would be. You committing a malicious act by chopping off my male appendage is not going to change anything. It was not by my choice. I would have it sewn back on and complete my manhood.

I also would not magically have a vagina, but rather still have a prostate, testicles, and an Adams Apple. I would still technically be able to produce sperm and fulfill a man's part in creating another life. Biologically, i am still a man without a penis.

Thanks for allowing me to point out that there is more to a man than a penis.

Now, if I had elected to change all those parts and become a woman biologically, then we can agree there.

Psychology lies, biology does not.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Sure, skip right over my intent on a semantic technicality.

You lose your penis and testicles to an accident, which actually occurs quite frequently in the military and there is nothing to "sew back on to complete your manhood". Are you still going to feel and act like a man? Will you suddenly want to put on a dress and pearl earrings? Probably not because this doesn't align with your gender, which is above the shoulders and not below.

And thanks for making the point I was exactly trying to make. Being a man is more than being a penis which by the same token means being a woman is more than being a vagina.

Good job!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gator2001

Ironic.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I don't have I'll feelings towards anyone. I am arguing about how this pertains to bathrooms.

We can probably agree that the bathroom situation is a cluster right now. It shouldn't be, but it is. It is ridiculous to argue about the bathroom.

Here in the Philippines, transgender are open about it and some areas even superstars (Google Vice Ganda, for one.) It is widely accepted. The word for a male acting like a girl here is "bayot."

I just asked my Filipina wife about where bayots use the bathroom. She laughed and said the men's room. I asked why. She seemed surprised and said because they have a penis, like duh!

There are only two choices: men's and women's. Should there be a transgender bathroom separate? Oh, cant do that, though. That would be segregation. Should there only be unisex bathrooms? Should all bathrooms be single and private?

Right now there are only two. It doesnt work for everyone with just a two bathroom system. Cater to some, others feel their rights are affected. Cater to those and others feel violated. Can't win.

But it doesn't just stop with bathrooms. It also includes public showers and locker rooms.

For the way it is now, I say if you have a penis you stand in the lines with the others with a penis.

My mom taught me a valuable life lesson when I told her something wasn't fair. She would always tell me "who said life was fair?"

It is utterly ridiculous that the U.S. has come to this. Arguing about bathrooms. It is PC out of control, plain and simple.

Here is a good example of PC gone awry via math problems. Yes, it is math, but it puts this whole bathroom thing in perspective.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Ironic.

Nothing ironic about biology.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Ironic.

Nothing ironic about biology.

Ironic again.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Here in the Philippines, transgender are open about it and some areas even superstars (Google Vice Ganda, for one.) It is widely accepted. The word for a male acting like a girl here is "bayot."

A crossdresser is not a transgender.

A transgender is not a man acting like a girl.

Transgender is the brain telling her she is a girl in the wrong packaging.

It might help if you actually knew what you were talking about.

edit on 16-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ironic.

No kidding.

What this kind of thing tells me is that people don't really understand what gender is or recognize themselves as having a gender identity, their internal sense of which one they are nor of their gender expression, how they show others what they are to themselves. Gender is the very core and heart and soul of personality and who we all are as people and that's the same for everyone whether they are cisgender or transgender.

What is hard to understand, in much the same way as it would be difficult to explain the color purple to a person sightless from birth, is that for one very small group, their sense of being one gender or the other, which can be just as concrete or fixed as non-transgender persons isn't dependent on what is between their legs. As was kindly pointed out by the poster above, one's sense of being a man or a woman or a boy or a girl is more than the presence or absence of parts.

People don't understand gender separate from anatomy because they can't recognize within themselves that one is any different from the other. Transgender people do. That's what makes them trans gender.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

No, a bayot here is a gay man, not a straight man. They are not crossdressers. They either dress like women or they get a sex change. This would be transgender, no?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Over in Korea, they got a bucket in the corner. Men use it. Women use it. Kids use it. Men who want to be women use it. Women who want to be men use it. How does sexuality, urination and defecation combine into some type of moral argument? If one developed and deployed deeper insight into this and similar constructs, you would arrive at one big belly laugh.

Oh, I've been laughing the whole time. This is all about people who are obsessed with their genitals.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

This is all about people who are obsessed with their genitals.

More about those obsessed with the genitalia of others, I think.

But I have to admit I prefer the western means of elimination.

edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The brain telling a man he is a woman is called mental illness.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Going back to the OP here for a minute, we're talking about North Carolina, not the culture and terminology in the Philippines.

We can probably agree that the bathroom situation is a cluster right now. It shouldn't be, but it is. It is ridiculous to argue about the bathroom.

And on this, I agree with you 100%.

It is utterly ridiculous that the U.S. has come to this. Arguing about bathrooms. It is PC out of control, plain and simple.

You know, this has never been a problem until conservative republicans, at the urging of and in collusion with recognized hate groups such as Liberty Consel and of the Republican National Committee made it a problem and started all this with the myth of the predatory transgender person in a bathroom. There is no evidence that this predatory behavior by a trans person has ever happened. Republican legislator sexual misconduct in a bathroom, on the other hand, well see the links i posted earlier that makes them the real threat.

As this "PC madness" seems to usually be associated with the liberal left, maybe take a hard look at who made this a problem in the first place when no actual problem has ever existed. Transgender people have been using the facilities that match who they are as people since there's been facilities and people.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

If a guy loses his junk he still has the DNA of a man.
Although you do your damndest, one thing you can't deny is the DNA you were born with. Human gender is one of the few things that is black and white. It's binary. On - Off. In - Out. Unless there is a mutation or defect.
It's the simplest concept to grasp. Don't complicate things so much. It's not that complex.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join