It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first dating disaster...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...I accidentally dropped the roofie in my own drink.

Do she take advantage of you or did you have to do it yourself?

I like to think it was the former. All I remember is that I woke up with my pants on backwards.

OH...and there was also the leaf blower there too...but I don't know it that was related.
edit on 11-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Haha you're really rather sneaky getting her back to your place at the start of the first date! Maybe she sensed your wickedness and wasn't impressed ?

She sounds like she certainly enjoys wasting time though, or was just polite in an awkward way.

It's one thing I hate about being polite, it becomes a facade, both parties know it sucks, but neither party wants to fess up and say it sucks for fear of "hurting" the other, I'd much rather have the blunt honest truth than have 2 people equally miserable and awkward in a setting they're clearly not enjoying.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Yha, whats the problem. Holding out forever because of your moral code and then randomly dating some stranger. Trick is to know something about them in advance. You said you been on 'many dates' now, obviously you have something to offer, how about be yourself, instead of what they want you to be?

Sooner or late one will 'click'. If not the problem is you.

Why is not dating somebody who doesn't interest you considered a "moral code"?

Because, she claimed, none of them 'measured up'? And then she just threw a dart at the wall, randomly.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

At the insistence of my friend who assumed I was not dating them because I was essentially saying I was too good for them by turning them down. I knew enough about all of their drug habits to know I didn't want to date them but he was not taking no for an answer so I showed him why I didn't want to date his friends.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Heh...

Thing with me is, I could get invited to a date in a woman's bedroom, and still refuse to be involved in any horizontal rumba action until the third date. A lady must at least come to dinner with me and allow me to know a measure of her character before I would consider taking her to bed, or being taken to bed by her.

Also, it has to be said, it is perfectly possible to be both polite, and proactive. For example, I was once at a different establishment with a lady I had been seeing for some time. Trouble was brewing, quite unbeknownst to the lass I was there with, trouble between two families linked by a messy divorce. I noted that things were about to become somewhat chaotic, and I placed my ladies coat about her shoulders gently, and I whispered to her:

"My dear, without wishing to alarm or hurry you in your enjoyment of that cider, it would be prudent to remove ourselves from this bar, unless we seek to spend the evening in different rooms, at her majesties pleasure."

This was delivered while fixing her with a very particular gaze. It's the one that says "I am not trouble, but I am used to it, and I am smelling a familiar smell."

Now THAT night worked out spectacularly well. No sooner had we left, than a chair came sailing through the bar window a few feet behind us, covering the ground outside in glass and broken furniture legs. She clung to my arm the entire way to her door, and did not let go when she went inside... Suffice to say I welcomed the dawn without a wink of sleep, and did not rue the fact in the least.

And I was right, about the possibility of winding up in different rooms, because everyone in the bar, save the staff and management, were carted off to the cells for the night on that occasion. Of course, things with that lady did not end as well as they might have. She made some really terrible choices, the nature of which I will not go into again, since they are the subject of at least one thread, and several posts of mine, and I find repetition enjoyable in only specific circumstances!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
a reply to: intrptr

At the insistence of my friend who assumed I was not dating them because I was essentially saying I was too good for them by turning them down. I knew enough about all of their drug habits to know I didn't want to date them but he was not taking no for an answer so I showed him why I didn't want to date his friends.

I see, I'm sorry, didn't see that part. Next best advice is to get away from that circle of 'friends'.

Hangin out with them you risk more than a bad time dating. They could be raided by police, you could get a date with jail.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

To be honest that was not a date-that was a hook up.

NEVER EVER get involved with a friend of a friend; it's like watching Game of Thrones-at first the nudity and sex is great but eventually someone gets hurt. The last "Date" I had the lady was drunk and hungry and then this happened...

DATE: I'm hungry-have you got any fish?

CAKE:I've got some tins of tuna...

DATE: I said I wanted fish!

I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You should know better, trust your instincts. I feel sorry for you because you got talked into something you knew was a bad idea. At least your roommate now knows not to try to set you up, he was just trying to please his friends. Most of us try to please our friends or relatives and that usually is the main reason we are all nuts.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You may have a book in you.
Got any other 'Dates From Hell' stories?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

how is this Above Top Secrets. Good lord.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I probably should have prefaced that.... my bad. lol Wow, people are probably reading this and thinking "what a terrible bitch" (face palm). In all fairness I already disclosed that I am basically terrible at everything.

Not me. I think it was him. No attempt at conversation in the car; staying on the phone at dinner like a 14 year old (not trying to get to know you on a different level at all), leaving the restaurant like a complete ass, then taking you to a 'movie' at his house. After a burger place. ew.

Hate to break it to you, but he didn't want to take you on a 'date' and get to know you better. He thought you were easy prey wanted to get you to his apartment, watch his free movie and do his thing. Not cool for a first date.

What a jerk.

That is precisely what I thought, I didn't sense any bitchiness in that story, only the biggest douche on the face of the Earth. You don't take a lady to dinner and then pull out your phone and start texting. It's a good thing he passed out because it could have ended a lot worse.

It's stories like that that make me think all I need to do in order to get women is be a complete douche, and unfortunately there is some degree of truth to that statement. I'm glad there are some women who are disgusted by guys like this, because I wont be an asshole just to get women.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I actually am writing a comprehensive dating book, actually... I want to make something that late teens- 50s women who are dating can read and laugh at and not feel like they are alone in dating disasters.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

lol our writing styles are so different. My version would go:

Take chick out, could tell there was about to be a fight, whispered "We need to get the f### out of here or I'm going to jail!". Got out just in time, and a chair flew out the window. I could tell she was down to pound. Walked her home and didn't get any sleep on account of all the sex.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
I actually am writing a comprehensive dating book...

Make sure you include 3-4 chapters on when guys say, 'Your hair looks nice', that women understand that is what we mean and not that we are boning your best friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't lie to the poor girl. Compliments are always a sign of guilt!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

HAHAHAHAH girls are weird. I will put that in there

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I almost peed my pants when I saw your profile photo. hahahaha

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That was nearly a rule one violation there!

Thank you for that!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We both know you begged me to put on frozen lol!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

that sounds like a really weird date

hope you find someone you will like

I have tried many dating website I just tried a new dating website its for single never married people its called www.nevermarrieddating.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join