It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend filmed an orb, can we debunk it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

No it's an e-cigarette out of focus!

Seriously though I am intrigued by the object only appearing 200 feet away. If it was that near then that's about the length from the goal to the half way line on a football pitch. Not very far at all.

Is that correct?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: intrptr

Nice attempt! But the one you shows pretty much sparkles at the same color the whole time, the one in my video goes from bright yellow, to grey, to blue, and from the pics you can see it is a distinct sphere.....

And also the Denver reporter described the one that many people saw in daylight as something that remained in place for minutes then would speed away, something my friend described as well, I don't think stars do that

You mean like this,

It's easy leave autofocus on on a cheap video camera you get an out of focus blob typical sign of poor equipment and no knowledge on how to film at night just like your video.
edit on 10-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Arbitrageur, the video shows white orbs, as are shown
in these last two videos:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The first one shows a orange-red orb. One is connected to
crop circles as a white orb is filmed. The are reports of
multicolored orbs massing in a meadow, but I am unable
to find it.

Just seeing an orb in person would convince the doubters,
and if they are real what are they? It is easier to find that
answer than to search for natural causes as an explanation.

a reply to: Arbitrageur

edit on 10-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: orange not red

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Drawsoho

One is connected to crop circles as a white orb is filmed.

A hoax.
www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Nice attempt! But the one you shows pretty much sparkles at the same color the whole time, the one in my video goes from bright yellow, to grey, to blue, and from the pics you can see it is a distinct sphere.....

And also the Denver reporter described the one that many people saw in daylight as something that remained in place for minutes then would speed away, something my friend described as well, I don't think stars do that

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you specifically asked for ATS to debunk this. It's in your thread title, am I right??

It's scintillation. Trust me, I've been there. I thought I saw something, caught it on video, was SO amazed when I saw the video, so I posted it here. I was very quickly schooled on scintillation and I learned it was not a UFO or an orb, accepted it and moved on.

No reason to get offended. You stated you didn't film it, you just made a Youtube channel in order to start a thread here on ATS, ASKING for people to debunk it (or if they could debunk it).

You got exactly what you asked for. To get upset about that or to respond to members who are doing exactly what you asked for with "nice attempt" is sort of juvenile, for lack of a better word.

If you didn't want it debunked, then you should have just posted it to Youtube, left a link on Third Phase of Moon's channel and waited for them to make up some exciting story about a scintillating star invading Earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Crop circle are not all a hoax. Some are
impossible to explain. There are anomalies
that science cannot explain such as the bent
stalks and changes to structure of the stem.
The precision of some of the more complicated
ones are mind boggling. The patterns in some
are incredible geometry. I laughed at the show
that tried to reproduce one. It was terribly
imperfect, not within the tolerances achieved
in the 'natural' crop circles.

If you'd seen an orb close up you'd believe in them.
Many eyewitnesses have. Up close where you can
see it shimmer.

reply to: Phage

edit on 10-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ok! People brought up some good points!

However, let me reiterate, this is my friend, she is middle aged, MBA with kids. Not some teen in their parents basement looking for attention. She has no reason to lie or punk me. She did not even want to put this out there, I made the youtube channel to share this.

This is what she told me, or at least along these lines - "it was about 200 feet away, and would move very quickly, and the colors kept changing" - I'm not sure how anyone could confuse that with a star.

You can see from the pics we are looking at something that is solid, not a reflection, and it is spherical, and you can see the hexagonal shapes on it/within it. So I'm not sure how a reflection would produce hexagonal shapes.

Also, I'm not sure how a reflection would under go these color changes that I have captured, and in one of these you can see a concavity formed on the top of the sphere, again something you wouldn't expect to find in a reflection.

Concavity on top and color change

Clearly spherical with shape sticking out

Changing colors

Changing colors quickly with some pixilation

Changing colors

Hexagon sticking out

So let me respectfully suggest we put the reflection theory to rest.

Reflections are not spherical, do not have concavities at their tops, do not have hexagons protruding from them, and do not rapidly change colors. But I am open to other explanations that do not involve the ones already shot down, including drones, stars, streetlights, and now reflections......

I just had to add this...First off, I am just as educated as your friend, I don't live in anyone's basement (never have) and I am not a kid seeking attention. As are many of the members here on ATS. Just because she is a middle aged woman, with an MBA, means nothing. To anyone.

You keep saying she "doesn't live in her parents basement" as if someone living in their parent's basement has any bearing on their intelligence and/or education. Just a thought, but you may want to come up with a better way of expressing what it is you are implying here...

Most people are only a few paychecks, or less, from moving back in with their family/parents basement. No one is immune in this economy, save for multimillionaires, etc.

Now, here's what I get from all your posts about your "friend" and the video/screen grabs:

1. Your friend has no real photographic ability or access to decent photographic equipment.

2. An MBA is not a degree in Astronomy.

3. Your friend also has no idea how far away the object was and/or her perception of distance is quite poor.

4. Your friend has no idea what can be seen in the night sky (planets, stars, etc.) and no clue that this changes regularly.

5. You yourself have very little understanding of how cameras work, how focusing works, and what you see with your naked eye at night and then filmed with a camera or other some other device of poor quality, is going to be completely different and not in a good way. Unless you know what you're doing, have access to a quality DSLR, lenses, tripods, remote shutter release, understand how to stack and edit said images in post, that is.

6. You are having trouble accepting what you specifically asked for. The folks around here really do KNOW what they are talking about and aren't trying to give you a hard time, but are trying to teach you something that maybe you can then take back and explain to your "friend." Stubbornness does no one any good.

7. This bit "it was about 200 feet away, and would move very quickly, and the colors kept changing" - I'm not sure how anyone could confuse that with a star. is classic. Scintillation, that is. She likely looked away and then back up, thinking it moved...Easy to do if you're fumbling for a camera phone. The Earth rotates, very quickly. Looking up at the night sky, when you are not used to doing so, can be totally disorienting.

I am a night shift worker so I am up at night all the time. Many days (nights) of the week I go outside and look at the night sky. Sometimes I drive out to where there is little light pollution and get my socks knocked off at the sheer beauty of it and I still get disoriented.

Add to that the adrenaline pumping due to her thinking she is seeing a UFO and you very easily think something moved, when it totally did not.

I am not trying to give you a hard time but when SO many intelligent, non basement dwelling ATS members explain this to you, over and over again and you just keep coming back with the but, but, buts...It's aggravating.

I know I have seen one UFO...I say UFO because I cannot explain what I saw and have seen nothing like it online, etc. and the other "UFO" I saw (much more magnificent and beautiful that the first) turned out to be an as yet to be disclosed aircraft project. I got that clarification right here on ATS. There is an epic thread about the project and I was honestly relieved when I realized it was very much an Earthly object.

Tell your friend you figured it out with the help of friends from ATS and move on...Learn more about photography/videography, how objects in the night sky can appear one way with the eye versus on photo/video, etc. and then explain it to her, too.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, I actually think it was you who taught me about scintillation many moons ago. Thanks for that, by the way.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I took this photo(with phone) of two orb things last month. Still can't figure out what it was. If your in the right state of mind it happens.
People on ats can be so condescending, geeesh.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-4-2016 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-4-2016 by sophie87 because: geeesh
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Crop circle are not all a hoax.
That video is.

Some are impossible to explain.
Not really.

There are anomalies that science cannot explain such as the bent
stalks and changes to structure of the stem.
Those particular "anomalies" are what plants do when physically bent.

If you'd seen an orb close up you'd believe in them.
Or I might understand that what I was looking at was not really that unexplainable. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes because aliens travel billions of miles to Earth and they think the best way to communicate is to bend some grass.

Some people will clutch at any straw literally

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

PlanetXisHERE

You and other ufo hunters need to learn the issues of the equipment used to film dots of light on 99% of youtube/ufo web site videos the main ones poor quality equipment and lack of skill ie like computers it works on the GIGO principle Garbage In Garbage Out.

The image below shows relative size of sensors used in phones/consumer video cameras the bottom row upto the top left corner a full frame DSLR.

Small sensors jammed with multiple mega pixels equals very small photosites so low light performance is BAD really BAD

Sensor Size.

Then we have the fact that much of that equipment has no manual overide so you are stuck with autofocus and auto exposure.

This video below shows what happens to lights when out of focus.

Watch here at 50 secs see the increadible morphing street lights

The morphing ufo videos that are shown on youtube are cameras hunting for focus.
At night manual focus manual exposure are best & decent quality equipment.
I have posted this before but some may not have seen this.
Looking out one night I saw a bright light in the sky I knew what it was, I could hear it but
if you were some distance away you wouldn't. My camera had my 70-300mm zoom on I didn't change
exposure from my last shoot,used manual focus and got this still from the video.

Your typical light in the sky, change exposure and again manual focus and it's easy to see what it is.

The local police helicopter.

Sorry but NO video taken with camera phones will ever prove anything unless they land about 20 ft in front of the user.

edit on 11-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: layout

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sophie87
I took this photo(with phone) of two orb things last month. Still can't figure out what it was. If your in the right state of mind it happens.
People on ats can be so condescending, geeesh.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-4-2016 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

Nice camera SHAKE iphone 4s f2.4 1/20 sec iso 400.

Look at all that noise in the image.
edit on 11-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OK here's why crop circles are real:

Debunking crop circles

As to orbs, multicolored, white, black, ect., seem to be an actual phenomenon.
Not caused by camera shake or scintillation or star fields or finding focus, but
something else. If laboratory evidence could be found, it would shed light on this
mysterious thing.

a reply to: wmd_2008

edit on 11-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho
OK here's why crop circles are real:

Debunking crop circles

As to orbs, multicolored, white, black, ect., seem to be an actual phenomenon.
Not caused by camera shake or scintillation or star fields or finding focus, but
something else. If laboratory evidence could be found, it would shed light on this
mysterious thing.

Can YOU not understand this thread is about a video of an Orb NOT crop circles plenty of threads on here debunking them

Have a look at this in snow by Simon Beck

Snow Circles

One man on his own in one day up to the size of 6 football fields.

Crop circles so last century

edit on 11-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If a 1 ft. diameter sized multicolored orb came up to you
and smacked you in you head, you'd say it was a camera
artifact.

Crop circles are important mystery - undebunked and
shown anomalous - people just do not go out at night
and construct all of these extremely complex crop
circles. Crop circles are intimately related to animal
mutilations and orbs.

You just don't want to believe in the facts.

edit on 11-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: gr

edit on 11-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: p

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho

Crop circles are important mystery - undebunked and
shown anomalous - people just do not go out at night
and construct all of these extremely complex crop
circles. Crop circles are intimately related to animal
mutilations and orbs.

You just don't want to believe in the facts.

Nope crop circles are made by people and they do go out at night (just ask any emergency service worker in Wiltshire) .They are able to construct extremely complex crop circles with both hi-tech and basic equipment. They are not related to orbs and animal mutilations.

If you can find a say half a dozen suppsoedly genuine cases involving UFOs, animal mutilation and crop circles then list them.

edit on 11/4/16 by mirageman because: add pic

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The documentary studied mostly English crop
circles in the countryside. The most anomalous ones
appeared overnight far from the city. They did make
one - but a sad attempt. Most I saw were extremely
precise. If the frequency of crop circles there have
declined in the last 20 years then perhaps people
did go out and make them, and now have mostly
stopped.

The orb in the video # 2 was over a crop circle.
How more connected could they be? Farmers have
reported mutilated cattle and crop circles. Perhaps
orbs too. I am sure documents exist to back this up.

a reply to: mirageman

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So you can't name any UFO/mute/Crop Circle cases and you haven't any evidence.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
mirageman I am sorry but I do not have any. However in
the past I have read/watched videos about mutilations,
crop circles and orbs.

I know these materials exist because I have seen them.
The one thing the documentary accomplished was to
show multitudes of crop circles, amazing patterns,
to show how impossible it is to make one under the
conditions of dark, night and cold. I wonder if many
crop circles are still being made today and If the
mutilation rate has dropped.

a reply to: mirageman

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join