It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend filmed an orb, can we debunk it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Drawsoho

Well I don't want to derail our good friend PlanetXisHere's thread.

However if you look here for what I found on crop circles (next to nothing).

Cattle mutilations are a more intriguing see here but don't really seem linked to crop circles.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

No it's an e-cigarette out of focus!

Seriously though I am intrigued by the object only appearing 200 feet away. If it was that near then that's about the length from the goal to the half way line on a football pitch. Not very far at all.

Is that correct?

Yes, some out of focus pics can be made to look like anything!

I'm just going by what she said, and she said about 200 ft away, but she said it might have been closer, maybe even 150ft? She doesn't have much experience with this, and is just learning to use her camera/recorder.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How about this concavity on top? Are we just imagining that?

Here is a better image of it:

Like I said, my friend has no reason to lie to me. If you look at the video around the 1:40 mark you can see it shooting around - so it is not a star, there is a ground reference there as well.

Look at the raised ridge of the polygon in this one:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The post was not for you, it was for the op.
Don't comment if you have nothing to contribute.
Thank you
a reply to: wmd_2008

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mirageman I have seen those threads and found them
illuminating - not able to debunk either mutes or
crop circles:

Mutilations:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Much information posted is old. There may not be any
current events or the news about them is hidden. It
certainly appears both events are real and mysterious.
Perhaps military/industrial in nature. The reason
the observers saw a helicopter with a big spotlight
is that the spotlight was an orb and they imagined a
helicopter was there. Also a farmer reported orbs
and a crop circle at a mutilation of a cow on his
ranch, but I can't find the story.

a reply to: mirageman

edit on 11-4-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm not saying there's nothing to this phenomenon. I have experienced things I can't explain and had people laugh me out of the room for it, call me crazy, a liar, etc. I know they happened, but without evidence, I don't blame them for their incredulity. That said, this experience tells me one can have a personal encounter with "something" that there's not (yet) an adequete explanation for, yet also have no way to prove it and whatever others may think, you can know it did happen.

That's the happening itself. The nature of said happening is altogether a different story.

What happened or whether it was truly something anomalous... that's the crux of the matter. And while as I said I'm not going to assert that there's nothing to this (by "this" I mean the so-called orb phenomenon) ... it's very important to understand that bright objects zoomed in upon and photographed can appear to have all sorts of textures, shapes, and "surfaces," which are really nothing of the sort. In short, the "concavity" and other textures and shapes being seen in the images can't tell us or imply anything about the nature of what was seen, because unfortunately at that level of zoom, without very fine focus, the details being seen are just aberrations, scintillation, etc.

For example:

www.skyandtelescope.com...

That's an out of focus image of scintillating Sirius. Note the changes of "shape" and "surface texture" changing from image to image? Those aren't actual features of what's being seen. They are a product of being out of focus and scintillation, which is what happens when you zoom in that far on a bright object too, especially if you're holding the camera in hand and there are slight movements, and even more so if the camera is trying to auto-focus the whole time this is going on. Any point of light or light source can do it. As such, unfortunately, and as frustrating as this may be, the photographic evidence here is not indicative or elucidating of anything in particular.

I would instead focus more on the witness testimony e.g. what they saw (or think they saw,) what if anything they felt, who if anyone else saw it, the time, location, weather, temperature... every detail that might at all be pertinent. And then see if there's anything about that which - giving the witness the benefit of the doubt - seems compellingly unusual. (Which, from the sound of it, it does at face value but... human perception can be fallible.)

So can we debunk it you ask? There's nothing to debunk, unfortunately. There's no documented evidence that needs or cries out for being explained away or accounted for when it comes to the images themselves, because whether it was an orb, a UFO, a faerie, or just a street light or star as some have posited, the images could look exactly the same due to being out of focus. Any evidence of an anomalous experience or encounter to be gleaned must instead therefore stem from the actual experience and sighting itself IMHO.

Good luck finding out what it was. In my experience, most never do.

Peace.

edit on 4/11/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

edit on 4/11/2016 by AceWombat04 because: TYPO

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Thanks for you post! I'm not upset at all, not sure why you would think that, to be upset would mean I have some sort of ego attachment to my beliefs and in this case would subconsciously feel that my identity was being attacked when people disagreed with me; however I can assure you that is not the case.

It is just my opinion, that even though people have put forward some good arguments, that this hasn't been debunked yet.

It is not a star because you can see it moving in the video at about 1:40, it is obviously zipping around. So if it isn't a star, isn't a streetlight, isn't a drone.....

It seems to me that some people have completely ruled out the existence of these orb beings, and I'm not sure why. Do you think you know everything in the Universe?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sophie87
I took this photo(with phone) of two orb things last month. Still can't figure out what it was. If your in the right state of mind it happens.
People on ats can be so condescending, geeesh.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-4-2016 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

Thanks Sophie87! However I can't get that link to work. Can you try it again or something else? I would really like to see it! I always think that if some of these phenomenon are real, then the people running the show which isn't necessarily the elected government, will go to any lengths to cover it up. So keep that in mind.

If you are looking for answers try the Law of One, it tells about what is really happening on Earth and in the Solar System, many others here are also advised to read it to discover who they are ultimately working for, if you are a decent person it will be a shock!

Law of One searchable database

edit on 11-4-2016 by PlanetXisHERE because: stinky linky

edit on 11-4-2016 by PlanetXisHERE because: attribution
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Thank you Ectoplasm8! An interesting perspective, but don't you think they are quite out of focus compared with these ones?

In these ones, taken from the video in the OP, you can even see the hexagonal geometry, and I saw squares and triangles as well........

Why is this such a mystery to people out there?. The person filming it could have been filming a street light and still get the same shapes. It is the internals of the camera that is creating the shapes. Different makes of cameras produce different shapes. Countless people are fooled by it and also many people film it on purpose just to get the attention and hits. I bet the person won't disclose the exact location, time and direction of filming so that it can be matched up with the likes of Stellarium?

See the following and note how different cameras produce different shapes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Really now? 5 pages for this? ...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

You can see in the video around 1:40 a little light zipping around in the air, which she zooms into and becomes the orb, I'm not sure what part of that is hard to comprehend.......

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh good grief! Why are the comments disabled on the video? It really is sad!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi
Really now? 5 pages for this? ...

You don't think the possible discovery of non-terran intelligent life in our atmosphere is significant?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Because I want people to use their own minds and not be swayed by possible disinfo agents.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

what happened here

Sphere Being Alliance message: Every day focus on becoming more “Service To Others” oriented. Focus on being more “Loving” and “Focus on raising your Vibrational and Consciousness Level” and to learn to “Forgive Yourself and Others” (Thus “Releasing Karma”). This will change the Vibration of the Planet The “Shared

edit on 11-4-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You can see in the video around 1:40 a little light zipping around in the air, which she zooms into and becomes the orb, I'm not sure what part of that is hard to comprehend.......

That is camera movement. If camera artefacts fool you then you will also be fooled by camera movement. You really need to stop deluding yourself. So now you know all about how camera artefacts can fool or be used to deceive others. It is any wonder that people mock at laugh at such presented footage. I get it though it is a mindset. The filmers and believers need this in their lives. You could pay to get them on a photography course and they still wouldn't get it. You Tube is full of this stupidity and sadly it is only going to get worse!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Because I want people to use their own minds and not be swayed by possible disinfo agents.

Oh good grief. Did you actually use the "disinfo agent" card. Is the disabled comments on the video to prevent the "disinfo agents"

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sophie87
The post was not for you, it was for the op.
Don't comment if you have nothing to contribute.
Thank you
a reply to: wmd_2008

It's not how this place works ANYONE can comment on a post . Your claimed orbs could be anything as yor little iphone 4s STRUGGLED under the lighting conditions to take an image the 1/20 of a second shutter caused obvious movement of the lights this information was brought to you free of charge by someone who KNOWS about photography.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

OK here is a challenge for your friend. Download Stellarium, find Vega and film it with the same camera. Also get her to film Vega with a different camera so she can see how different cameras produce artefacts. Also get her to film say a street light source and defocus as per the "Diamond UFO" video. Perhaps, just perhaps, she will learn something?

www.stellarium.org...

Also can you explain why your friend isn't accurately recording the time, even a general location, date, direction, etc?

Follow the lead of this lady in Sacramento. She regularly scares and deceives herself with perfectly normal things in the sky, but at least she accurately records the date, time and direction.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12/4/2016 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Any post like this should have time, date, approx location, direction facing, and details of camera make and model, zoom level etc after all if they think they have something what have they got to hide.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join