It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland: No Abortions, No Exceptions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
originally posted by: VP740
originally posted by: windword

“Catholics’ position on this is clear, and unchangeable. One needs to protect every person’s life from conception to natural death,”

Wow what a horrible religion!

"Natural death" of the pregnant woman, when abortion could save her life? Yes, religion is poison!

A fertilized egg doesn't have authority over a woman's autonomy and her self determination.

edit on 6-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

That is really sad about the baby, but everyone should have the choice to be a bad person or not. To do the right thing or the wrong thing.

There should always be a choice...the payback will come with Karma.

Have faith that Karma will retribute, even to the doctors and nurses that let the baby cry to death.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would rather live in a country where abortions are banned and special circumstances are approved, than one where they are glorified.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

While the Catholic Church doesn't approve direct termination of the fetus, it does allow measures to be taken to protect the health of the mother, even if it results in the death of the child. Allow me to highlight the part that requires examination:

“Catholics’ position on this is clear, and unchangeable. One needs to protect every person’s life from conception to natural death,”

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Luckily Poland is in Europe so although an expensive option, the woman can travel to another country freely and have the abortion there.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who is uncomfortable with the idea of abortion per se, I find the idea that a supposedly modern country will ban it absolutely a bit troubling.
No religion should have the power to shape civil law.
This is a hell of a step backwards for Poland and you can bet that those that suffer the most will be women. They always seem to when the church makes the law.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

What is natural death in your mind? Death in childbirth?

Woman Denied Abortion Dies in Agony at Hospital

Savita Halappanavar, 31 years old and 17 weeks pregnant, presented with back pain at Ireland's University Hospital Galway on October 21st, and was found to be miscarrying.

Her husband, Praveen Halappanavar, an engineer at Boston Scientific in Galway, says she asked several times over a three-day period that the pregnancy be terminated. He says that, having been told she was miscarrying, and after one day in severe pain, Ms Halappanavar asked for a medical termination.

This was refused, he says, because the foetal heartbeat was still present and they were told, "this is a Catholic country".

Dying woman denied abortion in El Salvador Officials say that granting a life-saving termination of an unviable foetus would be first step towards legal abortion.

Beatriz is almost 23 weeks pregnant. She has lupus, an auto-immune disease which causes the body's immune system to attack its own tissue. Her condition is deteriorating and her doctors say she is at "high risk of death" if the pregnancy continues.

Medics have recommended an abortion in order to save her life, but cannot proceed amid fear of prosecution. El Salvador is one of three Latin American countries where abortion is illegal in all circumstances - punishable with up to 30 years in prison. I want to live, to protect and raise my son. Beatriz Yet in this case, the foetus is unviable. Several scans have revealed that it is anencephalic - missing a large part of the brain and skull. Almost all babies with anencephaly die before birth, or within a few hours or days after birth. It has no chance of surviving into infancy, experts say.

Marta Maria Blandon is the regional director of the international abortion rights organisation IPAS. "It was a political manoeuvre in an electoral context, trying to secure votes from conservative groups by showing unconditional support for the Catholic Church".

Yesterday El Salvador’s Supreme Court ruled against allowing a 22-year-old mother to have an abortion that would save her life and terminate the pregnancy of the fetus she has growing inside her. Read more: www.mommyish.com...

In five countries in Latin America, a woman can still be denied an abortion even when it can save their life.

in Nicaragua, El Salvador, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Chile, abortion is entirely prohibited, even in the case of rape and incest, and in cases where it can save the woman’s life.

An article in The Guardian reported the extreme stances taken by these countries and the consequences they’ve had on the women who live there. Women have been denied cancer treatment because they were pregnant (in one case, a woman delivered a malformed baby and then died 17 months later) or have been forced to give birth as young as 11-years old.

Natural death! Thanks Catholic Church!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
All this article does for me is make me wonder HOW grandiose and delusional a person must be, to assume they are fit and special enough to make private decisions for private individuals on such a private matter as this.

It sounds like a dictatorship. Ugh.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Let me start off my comment by stating that I ABHOR legislation that is passed as knee-jerk reactions based off of a single (or a very small amount of) event(s). It will generally cause more harm than good in the long-run.

I'm a pro-lifer, but one who believes that for medical reasons that could lead to infant/mother death or pregnancies resulting from rape, an abortion in a professional, medical environment should be an option.

I don't think that this will end up being an overall good thing for women and some of the children born after this law takes effect.

I do, however, think that the doctors and medical professionals who allowed the baby to slowly die in agony at that hospital should be brought up on charges--that's inexcusable behavior from those whose profession is to be concerned with saving life, not allowing it to peter out in pain. I hope that they have nightmares every night that contain the screams and cries of that baby for years to come...possibly the mother, too, if her only reason for wanting an abortion was because the baby was diagnosed with Down Syndrome.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Just because humans like to find ways around laws doesnt mean we should just let it happen.

Kids smoke cigarettes and drink regardless of laws. Just lay down and let people sh1t on each other?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

the right to choose is a law, why are people trying to find ways around that one?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Pure, unadulterated, sickening, disgusting pro-life propaganda based on nothing more than the extremist rantings of mentally deranged pro-life maniacs.

This really is disgusting.

People, please stop believing any bs piece linked to. You're idiots of the worst kind if you accept this kind of nonsense as being true without any substance at all to the claims made.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Really? Catholicism, throughout it's history is litterally swimming in blood, from the inquisition to the crusades to the genocide of the cathars.

Not such an 'unchangeable position' on the sanctity of life..when it suits the heirachy of course.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
God gives us freedom of choice
Religion removes freedom of choice

Great f#ing logic you religious clowns have

Don't want abortions ? Don't get one

Leave the choice for those who do and will have to live with THEIR choice for their life instead of forcefully removing that choice from them because you believe your sanctimonious opinion is more valid than theirs simply for believing in a fairy tale

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

if they're still denying coverage for anesthetization to women in labor because the lack the medical personnel and they're afraid that giving it to the women in labor would put too much strain on the system, then yes, it's a lame excuse since they seem to want to import patients from outside the country, who I bet will get all the anesthetization they need to have a nice comfy stay!! clearly indicating that there is more than enough medical personal to take care of their own.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Not all women have ovaries and vaginas. Stop being so transphobic. Just move to North Carolia already.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

With authority comes responsibility.

If "the state" is able to force a woman to carry a fetus to term against her own wishes, then the child should be the responsibility of "the state" until it's eighteenth birthday. "The state" would have to provide the child with food, clothing, shelter, education, and health care for all the time it is a "ward' of said state.

I know there are a lot of people who would be willing and able to adopt and provide for these "unwanted" childern and so it is "the state's" responsibility to secure them and therefore provide the child with a safe home and environment in which to grow up.

Now, with these points in mind, let's talk about "smaller government" and "less intrusion" into our lives.
But first, answer me this; Why is a man able, even encouraged, to make all the decisions which concern his body,and even get the government to pay for some of the pills he wants? And yet a woman must submit herself to all kinds of redicule if she attempts to do the same. Do we really think that 500 or so gray haired old men in Washington know better ways of taking care of her body than she does?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I dont get why nobody wants to be middle ground on abortion. The right of a woman to her body, but the responsibility to terminate the preganancy early (first trimester) except due to medical exception.

How does this not make sense for both women and children?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If so called 'pro life' stop eating meat from meat factories.. Life created for meat and for earning money... I mean, stick with you principles!!

OH and stop supporting any war of course..
edit on 6-4-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

IT does make a WORLD OF SENSE.
That is why there are so many who will never let this kind of sanity stand in their way of being "right".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join