It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland: No Abortions, No Exceptions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I am so confused by this story.

Abortion at 24 weeks? 6 months?

Isn't that murder?

Doesn't the fact that it was a live, crying, human being on the table being ignored show it was murder at the hands of the hospital?

A human is a human. This isn't even debating a 1st term fetus. It was a physical human laying right on the table, alive.

I'd challenge anyone to walk into that hospital room, see a crying baby on the table and say "nope, not human, let him/her die".
edit on 5-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
Is neglect considered murder? Because that is what this case would be. Horrible story.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Yes.

If you don't feed your children and they die of starvation, that's murder.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Rape and incest are excuses people throw out there to excuse their own unrelated abhorrent decisions. A choice should still be an option. After 20 weeks? Hell no. Child of rape? You carried for 5 months you can carry for 4 more. Seriously.

F anybody who supports this # after the first trimester. It literally is choosing convienence over life. Nothing more.

Dont buy the job or money excuses either. Those reasons literally boil down to a person wanting more clothes and cars in life than to simply not kill a life they helped create.

Dont give me this # about a dead kid being better than a poor kid either. Its bs.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense because...it leads to the death of. Just wasn't sure.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If some one uses it as a reason to excuse it completely they are wrong. Just as a example of why all out bans are bad.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
lol..... Poland is sounding better and better the more I read...

this is from 2008, hopefully things are different now but...

Kopacz, in response to the letter of
the Polish Gynecological Society, which on behalf of women appealed
to the Ministry to refund anesthetization, said that the state budget
cannot afford to ensure free anesthetization during childbirth to all
Polish women. "Childbirth is a pure physiological process and we, women,
were created by nature in such a way as to run certain things in their
natural way, therefore to have childbirth run in its natural way with
no medicine and anesthetization," said the Minister. According to
Kopacz, if anesthetization were provided for free, then hospitals would
have to ensure that the services of anesthesiologists are guaranteed for female
patients to a much broader extent than it is currently. And there are
not enough anesthesiologists in Poland.

rewire.news...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
So there aren't enough...and? How can you blame a country for that. lol

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I really HATE abortion and I know Poland is trying to do the right thing, but I cannot support the state telling my fellow humans what to do with their body. If I expect to be able to make MY own choices I must respect others decision to make their choice. This applies to abortion, vaccines and end of life.

My opinion only matters for me. Your opinion only matters for you.

People have a right to make their own mistakes.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

well maybe they found more since then I don't know but if they are still using that lame excuse now, well,

Now a Polish government-backed initiative is promoting medical tourism into the country, targeting non-Poles from across the world, particularly those in Scandinavia, Germany, eastern Europe – and the UK. Those behind the plan hope Poland's location at the heart of Europe – along with its plethora of low-cost flights, cheap accommodation, and attractive tourist cities such as Krakow – will be enough to tip the increasingly competitive battle for medical tourism in Poland's favour.

rewire.news...

I would find their excuse kind of unbelievable???

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
They're trying to improve the situation...but it's a lame excuse? Wow. I'm out on that note.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Vector99

I didn't pass judgement or take a stance on whether a woman has the right to murder her fetus. It's still murder though, as we see here with a live, crying baby on the table.

Where did we see that?

Eye witness testimony?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I find it absolutely infuriating,pathetic and utterly inexcusable that in this day and age abortions are still in such demand.We live in 2016 not 1416 .Contraception is available everywhere,and the amount of women it does not agree with,is negligable.There are 2 and 3 month contraceptive injections available for those who are worried they will forget to take their Pill.Seems there's always time for trips to the mall,pubs and clubs,but a trip to the clinic for a 2/3 monthly injection is too much of a mission.Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Vector99

I didn't pass judgement or take a stance on whether a woman has the right to murder her fetus. It's still murder though, as we see here with a live, crying baby on the table.

Where did we see that?

Eye witness testimony?

Do you like not even bother to read?

After a baby in Poland born after two botched abortion attempts was allowed to die after screaming for an hour, a national debate has re-opened over whether abortion should be banned in the country.

Witnesses say an abortion performed March 7 at Holy Family Hospital in Warsaw resulted in the birth of a live 24-week baby, who was left to scream in agony for an hour until he died. Personnel did not help the child in any way. After the baby survived the administration of abortifacients on Friday, the doctor induced birth on Sunday, leaving the unborn baby on the changing table crying alone.

No anesthetics or other care was given to the baby.

Anna Wiejak, the Polish reporter who broke the story and who is a member of the SOS Foundation to Save Unborn Children, told ChurchMilitant.com, "The scream of this child was so traumatic for the personnel that they declared that they will never forget it."

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

All this means is that Polish women who want an abortion will up and go into another country to have their abortion. It will add to their distress at having to make this decision and possibly increase back-street abortions.

Great being pro-life but its not your decision over someone else's body and wishes plus you don't pick up any responsibility for your busy bodying.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Do you have a more credible source than a website named churchmilitant?

They have "eyewitness testimony!"

I have eyewitness testimony of the flying spaghetti monster. You heard it here first, it's on the interwebs so it must be true.

Give me a break...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Pro Life is all well and good, but no abortion, under any circumstance? Even extending to the health of the mother? I'm seeing others say, " Well, too bad". "You should have been more careful".
So, let's let the mother die for her mistake. Yep. Sounds about right.
Condoms break, people. The Pill doesn't always work.
Accidents. Do. Happen. And if they do and the mother is in danger, well, just tough sh**, let her die.
For those who do think that, that means I would have lost my Mom at 15. Yes, she had to have an abortion, because of complications. No, I don't remember what it was, I was 15, now I'm 51. It's been a while. She was about 4 weeks along, when the Dr told her during an exam. They told her, flat out, "You can't carry it to term, it will kill you and the baby, if the baby even makes it that far.
But, Pro Life and all that. Let her die, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Poland is trying to stave off the wave that the Western World has been overwhelmed by. They are attempting to hold on to their culture , their morality and not let it be ruined as other countries have.
Yes , there are times when abortions are needed. But this has been bastardized in the modern times to be a mere convenience and a mantra in which they can accuse other people of not caring.
The US is now so full of BS , it cannot survive.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is what happens when there is little to no separation of church and state, and the church, in this case the Catholic Church, is allowed to impose religious rhetoric to oppress the people.

Thousands protest in Warsaw against proposed abortion ban Women’s rights activists infuriated by plans to tighten regulations to bring them into line with Catholic church’s teachings

“Catholics’ position on this is clear, and unchangeable. One needs to protect every person’s life from conception to natural death,” they said. “We ask the lawmakers and the government to initiate the legislation.“

The PiS leader, Jarosław Kaczyński, told reporters earlier this week that as a Catholic, he had to follow the bishops’ call. He said he would not force his party to vote for a ban in parliament, but was “convinced that a vast majority of the caucus, or perhaps all of it, will back the proposal”.

Religion is poison!

The debate around reproductive rights in Poland has been building up for months. The conservative Law and Justice (PiS) party, which came to power in October, plans to tighten regulations to bring them into line with the Catholic church’s teachings, infuriating liberals and women’s rights activists.

Chanting “keep your hands off the uterus” and “my body, my business,” the protesters waved wire coat-hangers, a crude pregnancy termination tool widely seen as a grim symbol of underground abortions.

“Even Iran’s abortion laws are more liberal than this proposal. That’s why we must protest,” said Marta Nowak, one of the protesters at the rally, which was organised via social media by the leftwing Together party.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

“Catholics’ position on this is clear, and unchangeable. One needs to protect every person’s life from conception to natural death,”

Religion is poison!

Wow what a horrible religion!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join