It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland: No Abortions, No Exceptions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yes the woman should have said no to the rape...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

which all irrelevant really, since we are talking about poland and well, there's only three reasons that can justify abortion there rape, mother's live is in jeopardy, or there is something seriously wrong with the baby...
the baby had down's syndrome that's way this particular abortion was taking place. the baby lived an hour after the abortion (which well, in reality they induced labor it sounds like) without any care whatsoever being given to it. so what's their grand solution to this??? ban all abortions? well, if they do that they are just gonna have lots more babies with serious problems being born, and well all I can say is I sure the heck hope they do better caring for those babies, regardless of the serverity of the problems and how long they live than they did to this little one!

how about throwing the book at this hospital, the doctor??

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Making anything against the law increases criminal acts, period.

Who remembers the story of the woman who gave birth to 20-some-odd children, storing them all in Rubbermaid containers?

She got away with it for many, many years before someone caught on.

The good news is that humans don't really develop any sort of cognitive abilities for years after birth. Crying over a human child dying shortly after birth is not dissimilar to crying over your last hamburger- that animal was born and raised, became conscious and had a terrible, short life.

Of course, if abortion wasn't questionable, chances are good it wouldn't get botched so often. Last I checked, an abortion consisted of physically removing a fetus from the host.
I tried to read the story about the failed abortion so I could provide some insight on how they #ed it all up- but I was sent to some pay-per-view website instead.

There's a whole extra rant hiding in that one. On the one hand, this information could potentially (unlikely) change my stance on what seems to be a debate- yet I have to pay money (converted into my time minus tax rate) to get... but then I have to consider that all feasible sources of information are owned by bankster organizations with a predetermined motive that may oppose my own.

Also, no exceptions? Really?
The christian community should be outraged. (see: mother mary)

That being said, I'll refer to my point-
more laws = more criminals...
coathanger/dumpster babies don't have it easier than properly aborted ones (duh), and frankly unwanted children aren't about to have happy lives either.

Best of luck to any children forced to reach the age of reason in ridiculous conditions due to overbearing law, or parental negligence.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
In Europe, Poland is the most pro-life country. They may further secure that title as they adopt even more rights to unborn babies by banning ALL abortions.

This comes after a baby that was being aborted for down syndrome survived the abortion attempt and was left for 22 minutes screaming in agony on the changing table before she died.

The recent legislation was ignited by the highly publicized incident two weeks ago whereby a baby was born alive after two botched abortion attempts and then left to die screaming unattended in the hospital.

link

The ban would mean that even babies that are a result of incest or rape would be entitled to life. The best part is that this is spearheaded by Polands 52 year old female Prime Minister Beata Szydło.

This may be a huge win for those of us who believe that the most innocent humans deserve the right to life.

Ghost

This is obviously a terrible law, which if enacted will lead to the death of actual, living people. It also states it will restrict access to the morning after pill. Illogical thinking.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Vector99
Coat hanger treatment sound familiar? That is all that happens when you outlaw something people will do anyways, back alley black market versions of it.

Bad. After bad. After bad.

Doesn't make it right.

Your avatar...fetuses don't speak. It;s an awful pun which is both inaccurate and offensive.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I feel like that story would be bigger news, I can't it anywhere but the pro life blogs and some of the far right websites.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I agree they could have made its death more comfortable. That didn't answer my question though. Let's say the mother's life was in danger. Why not try to preserve the life of the child? It apparently could have survived by shear accident. If its life should be preserved in this condition, why not aim for this instead of planning its death? If it's deformed, why does it deserve to live? Surely it will still be deformed after the failed abortion. If the mother's a rape victim why does it deserve to live? The mother will still be a rape victim after the failed abortion.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Vector99
Coat hanger treatment sound familiar? That is all that happens when you outlaw something people will do anyways, back alley black market versions of it.

Bad. After bad. After bad.

Doesn't make it right.

Your avatar...fetuses don't speak. It;s an awful pun which is both inaccurate and offensive.

It's worth a thousand words ... in each post ... in this thread.

You offend me all the time. Have I complained?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I am not a doctor, so don't take my word on this... but I think they induced labor, thus aborting the baby, which well, survived... surprise, well really isn't should have been a surprise. the women was 24 weeks pregnant, when she first found out the baby had down's syndrome, well, it might have been unthinkable that the baby would survive, but well, after going through the hassle of getting legal permission for it, well... the baby had about a 50/50 chance of survival if they had only provided it with the proper care. they should have provided it with proper care, polish law requires that the care be given!

link

the hospital screwed up and instead of focusing on their screwup they want to use the screw up to justify banning all abortions.

edit on 5-4-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Yes because condoms and birth control pills used together which lead to a 99.98% chance of not being pregnant do not exist.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I guess that's as good an answer as I could hope for.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

the priest was reading a letter that the clergy wrote to the gov't pressing them to ban all abortions...

www.thejournal.ie...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So quiet!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Where did I fight against abortion?

I said the baby was in a safe environment, true, and the baby survived two murder attempts by the doctors, which is also true.

I didn't pass judgement or take a stance on whether a woman has the right to murder her fetus. It's still murder though, as we see here with a live, crying baby on the table.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

well, I think they cut the funds for the subsidies for birth control a few years ago... the women have to pay full price for them. the gov't pays a portion of most other medications, but not birth control..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am so confused by this story.

Abortion at 24 weeks? 6 months?

Isn't that murder?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is a terrible idea that will only drive abortions underground, not stop them at all.

blog.amnestyusa.org...

In contrast to the expressed aim of such laws, the World Health Organization has found that laws that totally ban abortion do not, in fact, decrease abortion rates. Rather, they drive women and girls to seek unsafe, clandestine abortions.

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ghostrager

Says the person that doesn't have to carry it for 9 months...

If they don't want to carry, then they should have said 'No' in the first place.

Thankfully, rape/incest is a vast minority of cases, 1-2%

www.abort73.com...

WHY DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?
On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion: 3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities; about 3/4 say they cannot afford a child; and 1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner (AGI).
Only 12% of women included a physical problem with their health among reasons for having an abortion (NAF).
One per cent (of aborting women) reported that they were the survivors of rape (NAF).

This is simplistic nonsense that ignores a simple little thing called reality.

www.slate.com...

Women with children have more abortions than anyone else, and by an increasingly wide margin. So why is the topic taboo?

edit on 5-4-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yeah the Polish government has made some promises, but now I believe they are rewording them to save money...such as the 500 zloty per child. From what I remember anyways.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I believe if a woman is raped, she should have the choice, but using rape victims to support abortion is akin to using thyroid disease as a reason to excuse our obesity epidemic.

It's such a tiny percentage who suffer or are a victim of either, it's incredibly insincere to use it to support are far broader argument.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

According to studies between 2003 and 2005, 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 23 weeks of gestation survive, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 24 to 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survive.

I think the baby would have survived if they had cared for it, but I am still looking for answers. it sounds like the induced labor, twice. but I could be wrong. the hospital was legally obligated to provide care for that baby once it was born alive.

they didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join