It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we just opt out of our government and stop paying taxes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I mean seriously. They clearly are being run totally corrupt by foreign banking cartels from Asia and Mexico and Europe. Why don't we stop giving these pricks our money to do all this with and opt out until we get a new set of governors in office who want to work for us.

Let's call it firing the government for political correctness and to soften the blow to the general public.

I mean what could they really do if we stopped willfully giving them our money en mass? Anything? Who's going to defend them for free?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There have been several who have tried that based on all kinds of reasons. They even got others to do the same.. When the fed comes they all go to jail.. All power comes from the barrel of a gun and uncle sugar out guns everyone when he puts his mind to it.. The feds are like a pack of dogs that can run down anyone and never tire... All it takes is to get the attention of just one in the pack and then they all come for your bacon.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

www.destinationfreedom.org...

Opting out of the federal system and becoming a state citizen is apparently viable and it mostly achieves what onequestion is asking for in the original post.

The gentleman in the following video claims to be recognized as a sovereign in the United States:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If you like going to jail for tax evasion, then sure. Or I guess you prefer to live as a fugitive? If you dislike our governments so much, why stay here? Because State, local, and federal governments also collect taxes.

Either way, I'm guessing you don't understand that paying taxes is one of the duties that comes with being a citizen of a country. I could go into detail on this but it seems both pointless & obvious. You might as well ask "Why don't we just opt out of our government and not pull over when police flag us down?".

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It would have to be a state wide initiative. The state government would have to be overthrown by elements within it loyal to the idea. After one state, I think a dozen would follow. If they managed to hold out for a month, it would catch on.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I mean seriously. They clearly are being run totally corrupt by foreign banking cartels from Asia and Mexico and Europe. Why don't we stop giving these pricks our money to do all this with and opt out until we get a new set of governors in office who want to work for us.

Let's call it firing the government for political correctness and to soften the blow to the general public.

I mean what could they really do if we stopped willfully giving them our money en mass? Anything? Who's going to defend them for free?

Indeed why not?

This is a snippet from annavonreitz.com...

Link

The problem isn’t just the judicial system running hopelessly amok. It’s the fact that all these “governments” are actually nothing but privately owned and operated “governmental services corporations” being run by international banking cartels that have operated under conditions of secrecy and deceit to co-opt lawful government and instigate a vast web of fraud and criminality throughout the world. It’s not just the Federal United States. It’s the “government” of the UK, CANADA, FRANCE, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN….. all fakes. The truth has come out finally and conclusively. There are so many people to thank for that, it beggars description….but the rats have been fully and absolutely exposed. The criminality of the banking system has been fully documented by The Paradigm Project— Heather Tucci-Jaref and others. A few American lawyers remained true to the American cause and a few DOD employees did too, and they all did their actual jobs. As a result, the bankers are caught, dead in the water.

The problem isn’t just the judicial system running hopelessly amok. It’s the fact that all these “governments” are actually nothing but privately owned and operated “governmental services corporations” being run by international banking cartels that have operated under conditions of secrecy and deceit to co-opt lawful government and instigate a vast web of fraud and criminality throughout the world. It’s not just the Federal United States. It’s the “government” of the UK, CANADA, FRANCE, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN….. all fakes. The truth has come out finally and conclusively. There are so many people to thank for that, it beggars description….but the rats have been fully and absolutely exposed. The criminality of the banking system has been fully documented by The Paradigm Project— Heather Tucci-Jaref and others. A few American lawyers remained true to the American cause and a few DOD employees did too, and they all did their actual jobs. As a result, the bankers are caught, dead in the water.

cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Because there are too many people who dont pay taxes, they actually LIKE the IRS. For them its not tax season, its refund season...

But this is absolutely what needs to happen.

Not paying taxes on a mass scale is probably the thing that the government fears the most because its a non-violent way of bringing the government, the Fed and the banksters to their knees.

a reply to: Profusion

This is something else which terrifies the government, the individual sovereignty movement. Theyve demonized these people more than "Truthers", which means its probably legitimate.

Sovereign citizens seen as top terrorist threat by US law enforcement .

The sovereign citizen movement is considered the top threat for domestic terrorism, according to a survey of state, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies.

Islamist extremists and militia/patriot groups round out the top three threats to communities in the United States considered most serious by 364 officers of 175 state, local, and tribal law enforcement entities, according to a survey conducted by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START).

edit on 1-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Possibly because unless the majority of people participated regrading non payment of taxes the minority would simply end up in gaol or some other form of work related indentured servitude. Which funnily enough is exactly what working for a pittance and paying taxes entails.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The gentleman in the following video claims to be recognized as a sovereign in the United States:

He may claim that, however the facts show otherwise!

www.quatloos.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
??

edit on 1-4-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Either way, I'm guessing you don't understand that paying taxes is one of the duties that comes with being a citizen of a country.

No it isnt...there are at least a few countries...where there are no taxes. Whatever you've been told...it can be done. And it works like a charm. You might wonder why these tax heavens have so many wealthy famous citizens, not native to the country.

Countries without income tax

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Because the goverment has people with guns and prisons to make you submit or die.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Oh dear, the absolute nutter who claims to be a Judge.... but is just a scammer!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Then you'd also need to stop driving on roads that you are no longer paying for, stop relying on hospitals, police, state government, local county government and also start defending your own country.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

But what if people dont wish to participate in "There" state sponsored servitude and control. If they are born in the area they are just as much entitled to claim sovereignty as the dirty bastards that also claim ownership of the land and call themselves a democratically elected government. What if they dont wish to contribute 54% of the total income of the nation on military expenditures.

You talk about duty, but what about the duty to to the right thing as apposed to participating and contributing to what essentially amounts to world domination via military superiority and financial control.
edit on 1-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Then you'd also need to stop driving on roads that you are no longer paying for, stop relying on hospitals, police, state government, local county government and also start defending your own country.

actually...roads are built from my taxes...and I still have to pay for them every year...even though they were made with my money.

Hospitals are built with my money also...and I still have to pay for using any of it's facilities.

Police is paid out of my taxes...and I still have to pay for everything on their counter when I use any of their services.

Govrnment and all it's glory is paid from my pocket...and I get nothing in return for it. I still have to pay every piece of paper I have to vet through my govt. If I need a birth certificate...I have to pay 10 $ for that piece of paper...even though everything they are or have...is paid by my money. I pay for the computer application that prints it...I pay for the paper it's printed on...and I pay the salary of the govt employee that pushes the button to print.

So in essence...tax payer is like an investor that never gets a return on his investment...and just keeps forking out the cash until the day he dies.

After death...you would think you are free. But you are mistaken. You still have to pay annually for a square piece of dirt you've been buried in.

Anyway...taxes make sense to me. Really.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Azureblue

Oh dear, the absolute nutter who claims to be a Judge.... but is just a scammer!

Interesting comment. Would you like to educate me more?

thank you

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But what if people dont wish to participate in "There" state sponsored servitude and control. If they are born in the area they are just as much entitled to claim sovereignty as the dirty bastards that also claim ownership of the land and call themselves a democratically elected government. What if they dont wish to contribute 54% of the total income of the nation on military expenditures.

You talk about duty, but what about the duty to to the right thing as apposed to participating and contributing to what essentially amounts to world domination via military superiority and financial control.

Going by that logic, we only have to follow laws we choose to follow. That's literally the perspective of criminals (aka "people who break laws").

Just see what happens in an adult male doesn't register for Selective Service. Or if a citizen refuses to pay State sales taxes (in states with sales taxes). Or refuses to show up for jury duty when summoned. Or tries to buy gas or pay a utilities bill without paying the additional taxes that are included. Or drives, hunts, or carries a concealed weapon while refusing to pay for a drivers license, hunting license, or concealed weapons permit in States that have them.

To be honest, this whole argument sounds childish. It's like the spoiled and pampered kid that doesn't want to eat his/her vegetables or go to bed when told to do so. LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Either way, I'm guessing you don't understand that paying taxes is one of the duties that comes with being a citizen of a country.

No it isnt...there are at least a few countries...where there are no taxes. Whatever you've been told...it can be done. And it works like a charm. You might wonder why these tax heavens have so many wealthy famous citizens, not native to the country.

Countries without income tax

Income tax isn't the only form of tax. I'm sure you know that, right? Also, those countries aren't the United States of America, are they? So what do their laws have to do with ours?

Edit to Add: LOL I just looked at the 5 countries listed in your link. 3 of them are noted offshore tax havens (Andorra, the Bahamas, and Bermuda) and a 4th is the freaking UAE. And the last one, Monaco, is a haven for rich people, with less than 40,000 citizens! lol And look at what your own link said about Bermuda:

Bermuda is an even more attractive Caribbean income tax-free destination than the Bahamas; however, it is also a much more expensive country in which to live. Its relatively isolated location makes Bermuda one of the most expensive cost of living spots in the Western world. A gallon of milk costs between $10 and $15, and even a modestly nice apartment can run as high as $2,000 a month or more.

And look at what it says about Monaco:

However, one drawback is Monaco is also one of the most expensive places in the world to live. Housing prices are roughly double, or more, that of anywhere else in Europe. Accessing Monaco's income tax-free financial environment is quick but not cheap. A legal residence permit can be obtained in less than three months but requires depositing approximately half a million dollars in a Monaco bank.

edit on 1-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

"It's like the spoiled and pampered kid that doesn't want to eat his/her vegetables or go to bed when told to do so."

I would argue that is exactly what our respective governments act like if we replace the word kid with the word bully.

And "They" are not telling us to simply eat our vegetables or go to bed when told to do so, they are telling us how to live while removing our basic freedoms under the guise of maintaining security. They are spending a disproportionate amount of monies on Policing the world when they should be spending on social health care programs. They dont care about there own people, all they care about is remaining in control and at the top at the expense of the other 99% of the population.

Is it really any wonder that that a significant percentage of the population do not wish to eat there government vegetables?
edit on 1-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join