It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would YOU want to die? Study reveals the 11 most important factors for dying well.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Have you planned your funeral? I would recommend you consider cremation instead of being buried. It is less expensive than a burial, cleaner, less likely to pollute underground water and it is easier for the soul to move on once the body is destroyed.

i agree with you that cremation is a cleaner way to be buried but how do you know it is easier for the soul to move on once the body is destroyed.

once i had an unusual experience: a close friend of mine died from cancer in a little country town. she was cremated withing a few hours. without knowing that at the time i had that unusual experience (if you had one you know what i'm talking about) and her essence was with me and she told me, that burning had hurt very very much.

since then i made a point to make it clear to those to be close at my death, to honour my wish to let me rest dead for another 3 days before the inevitable cremation.

but really i do not even want to be cremated. i would much rather be given to the vultures to pick clean my bones. as kind of a last being of service for a good cause. but that also only after a rest of 3 days dead.

Very interesting...... Of course I am guessing but it sounds like your friend was not dead when she was cremated. This does happen and believe or not more often then one would think. The same for those buried..... I don't want anyone to freak out.... but there are many cases where the dead have been dug back up for whatever reason and inside the coffin is deep scratch marks from the dead person waking back up and finding themselves buried alive!

In Germany your grave site is OK for 20 years afterwards they dig you back up, throw whats left of the casket and your bone and then they are incinerated due to lack of space for graveyards.

I know a guy who works for the city and he is the guy who digs up the dead and often he tells me stories about the dead waking up and finding themselves buried six feet underground.

I prefer cremation.....it might hurt but not as long as waking up underground freaking out until you die......

Maybe something to consider.....

EDIT LATER: You asked how do I know that once someone dies it is easier for the soul to move on when the dead body is cremated than buried. The soul has been trapped inside the body for decades. The body and soul were once one and now have seperated. The soul clings to the body causing the soul to not move on. If the soul can not cling to its former body it has no reason to stick around and will move on.

edit on 31-3-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Shane McGowan would be 'settling', Roger Waters is perfectly reasonable for anyone's last few moments on earth.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Have you thought about your death and how you want to go?

Deep in the middle of the forest where nobody will ever find my body.
If I knew I was dying, that's what I'd do without a doubt. I'd hike into the middle of nowhere until I couldn't hike any further and then I'd sit down and wait.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So what is your perfect death and how would you prefer to die? Kicking and screaming or calm and prepared?

I prefer to die while doing what I enjoy to do most. And since I don't do anything I don't like to do, I'll die while doing something I do enjoy.

I'm done! So far...

And if that is tomorrow, when I'm supposed to die (or even now), that's fine with me, because that is what "I'm done" means: Death is on my side. And I know it. Nothing left undone so far.

Yehhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Roger Waters is perfectly reasonable for anyone's last few moments on earth.

I am really hoping that he sees it that way!!

I have a letter of request already written. (it's actually a funny fan letter that I wrote while hubby and I were joking around...and I laughed so hard I decided to make it into a small story, lol. It's fun when your own mind can amuse you.)

Sorry OP, I mean no disrespect. The thought of death actually terrifies me, so I make jokes to hide my real fear.

jacy

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Hehe, sounds like a movie I've gotta watch!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I have a letter of request already written. (it's actually a funny fan letter that I wrote while hubby and I were joking around...and I laughed so hard I decided to make it into a small story, lol. It's fun when your own mind can amuse you.)

Sorry OP, I mean no disrespect. The thought of death actually terrifies me, so I make jokes to hide my real fear.

jacy

No worries ...... many of us fear the unknowing and from time to time I too even though I had a NDE.

Dying is not on my bucket list.

Make EVERY day count and make sure your family and friends know that you love them. Tell them everyday how much you love them..... or every second day....you don't want to freak them out.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

jacy

No worries ...... many of us fear the unknowing and from time to time I too even though I had a NDE.

Make EVERY day count!

Thanks for understanding!
I tell my kids multiple times every time I see/text/talk to them, lol. (Not hearing it constantly would freak them out!)

My real fear is remaining 'conscious' after death and leaving my body. That in itself...terrifies me.
jacy

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

jacy

Make EVERY day count!

Thanks for understanding!
I tell my kids multiple times every time I see/text/talk to them, lol. (Not hearing it constantly would freak them out!)

My real fear is remaining 'conscious' after death and leaving my body. That in itself...terrifies me.
jacy

My research shows when the soul seperates from the body it is a tingling feeling. I read about numerous experiments with live people in final stages of death. They laid on table that weighed you by ounces....shortly after death the body weighed approx 2 ounces less. Meaning..... the soul weighs approx. 2 ounces? I do not know this to be true but many scientists have made this experiment and came up with similar results...

Maybe a few tips about what to do after death?

1. Remain calm. VERY important. No reason to scream and freak out. You SHOULD automatically be calm and at peace. All pain and suffering gone - both physically and mentally.
2. Concentrate on yourself and your surroundings and not your loved ones.
3. Walk towards the light. NO light do NOT start walking.
4. If a stranger or group of people come to pick you up......do NOT go with them.
5. Cry out to God to save you. Get into prayer mode.... and hope.

OK......now.....did I go too far? Should I have kept this to myself?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In bed with the Asian Party Twins, of course they are figments of my imagination, actually characters in a book I started writing about three years ago. Some day I must finish that damn book.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I remember reading once... I can't for the life of me remember where, and it was long ago now... but basically, if you -don't- wish to reincarnate, then -don't- step into the light... I wonder what happens if you don't reincarnate... (I believe in reincarnation. Anyway!)

As to the question though... I would honestly rather I died in my sleep. I would fall asleep one night, and never wake up. Sounds like a nice and peaceful way to go.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

that is truly horrible horrible to be cremated or buried and not being fully dead. you only have reminded me of this, i know you are right. i can only hope this is not what happened to my friend. but i had noticed how little work they had in that little country hospital. no waiting periods there. maybe they were too eager to do something.

just the more i want to rest 3 days dead.

i see your point of a soul being trapped to a body. but i don't think that a dead body clings to a soul. i think a soul needs just some time to let go. it takes time to work it out.

i also think these 3 days leave a good mourning time for those left behind. i'm not one in favour of the fast moving world of today, i personally feel better if i let time help me.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Iam mortuus sum... "I'm dead already..." in Latin of course....

namaste

P.S. See You at the rest stop between re-boots.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

I remember reading once... I can't for the life of me remember where, and it was long ago now... but basically, if you -don't- wish to reincarnate, then -don't- step into the light... I wonder what happens if you don't reincarnate... (I believe in reincarnation. Anyway!)

As to the question though... I would honestly rather I died in my sleep. I would fall asleep one night, and never wake up. Sounds like a nice and peaceful way to go.

You stated:

I remember reading once... I can't for the life of me remember where, and it was long ago now... but basically, if you -don't- wish to reincarnate, then -don't- step into the light...

John Lear spoke about this as well and he said when he dies he will be walking to the dark side. Personally I don't think that is wise. Check out John Lear on Youtube you will find his videos very interesting.

You know, I am not sure of reincarnation. There is sufficient evidence around the world that supports this theory but as a demonologist I have seen so many negative (tricky) spirits attempt to fool people that they are some dead family member that it can easily confuse a person. I also know that there are spirits who give you dreams of people of the past with specific details of where that person had lived, specific information that only family members would know or local historic documents that you assume it was you in a past life.

The other side is tricky. I do not know how many times I thought I had figured it out and then something new happens which takes me back to the drawing tables.

My reason for not accepting reincarnation is because:

Lets make an example - John, a young male, can recall another life he had, maybe numerous lives.... so he lived as John, Peter, Paul, and Mike and to remember this would require the same soul to be used over and over again ..... so when God judges John soul how can God judge Peter, Paul, and Mike when John soul has already been judged?

Remember we can not speak of reincarnation without a creator being involved ..... right? Reincarnation is a supernatural experience, right?

So numerous lives using the same soul makes no sense.

Do you see my problem with believing in reincarnation?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

that is truly horrible horrible to be cremated or buried and not being fully dead. you only have reminded me of this, i know you are right. i can only hope this is not what happened to my friend. but i had noticed how little work they had in that little country hospital. no waiting periods there. maybe they were too eager to do something.

just the more i want to rest 3 days dead.

i see your point of a soul being trapped to a body. but i don't think that a dead body clings to a soul. i think a soul needs just some time to let go. it takes time to work it out.

i also think these 3 days leave a good mourning time for those left behind. i'm not one in favour of the fast moving world of today, i personally feel better if i let time help me.

Three days is important. Some countries (like USA) they Embalm the dead body by draining the blood from the body and replace it with formaldehyde or gluteraldehyde but most countries in Europe do not do this practice, instead you are laid out for three days (in case you wake up) and then buried.

I like what they do in the USA because once they drain your blood you will NOT be waking back up.

You made very good points in your post but..... you said:

Actually it is the soul that clings to the dead body not the other way around.

So when the dead body is destroyed (cremated) the soul has nothing to cling to.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I had a NDE at 7 years old (freshwater drowning). My father told me I was blue and bloated when some kid dragged me from the bottom of a pool and they pumped lots of water out of me plus CPR.

I remember it vividly. I was struggling for a time breathing in water and panic. Then a great calm came over me for a good 10-15 seconds before losing consciousness and a feeling of 'going home'. That is a very astounding thing for a 7 year old to conceptualise.

I have absolutely no fear of dying, only pain during the process. After death, I would prefer recycling to increasing my carbon footprint.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I would like to die having my Surfboard On My Convertible Hit Another Car, Spin Around, And Break My Neck lol

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

see, there we differ. your soul might cling to a dead body. my soul will not.

although you have said you "want to be conscious to experience the entire death process" - i don't think you will cling to a death body either.

i still question, how would you know about what the soul does. especially after death. and how would i !!

but i estimate that even a dead body will need time to shut down all chemical reactions and might hold on to a soul by default.
edit on 31-3-2016 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

see, there we differ. your soul might cling to a dead body. my soul will not.

although you have said you "want to be conscious to experience the entire death process" - i don't think you will cling to a death body either.

i still question, how would you know about what the soul does. especially after death. and how would i !!

but i estimate that even a dead body will need time to shut down all chemical reactions and might hold on to a soul by default.

You are sharp!

Some people die and the soul moves on without lingering behind meanwhile others stay behind due to fear or hate. When you die your soul is YOU so however you were while alive in a body you will be the same as a soul (spirit) - at least for awhile.... don't ask.

Some who has had a NDE (Near Death Experience) has seen the other side and had a supernatural experience. Very personal and very real. I died on 4 July 2013 for awhile.......of course I am back.

Once you realize you are dead is when your soul will start its journey in the afterlife but NOT until you realize you are dead. This is a big problem for those who die suddenly like in a car or plane accident or someone who dies from a drug overdose or drunk.... for a time they do not know they are dead.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join