It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking the Commandments Pt2: ABORTION

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: windword

That is the problem.

If humanity had taken a better path, by now everyone would have been raised to respect life.
Birthing a child would be normal, and accepted, and people would never even consider murdering an unborn child.
It is the path we have been led down that has brought us to the place we are now.

people have been aborting babies time began, in rome babies didnt even have souls until about 2 years old.
not all women want babies or get all gooey over them men too nothing wrong with that its nothing to do with some ''path'' humanity took.
some people just dont want children end of, the choice being personal to them. forcing a child on someone who doesnt want one is just going to give the child issues as it will know its not wanted and the whole adoption thing doesnt quite work wither, its a great idea but doesnt work how many children are in the system never find parents and spend their adult lives feeling abandoned and unloved.
is it fair to make a child suffer from disabilities or illnesses all their short life just because of some rain bow and farts idea of parenthood.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
oh this just in

'First Time in Human History': People 65 and Older Will Outnumber Children Under 5

By Terence P. Jeffrey | March 31, 2016

cnsnews.com...

“The main demographic force behind population aging is declining fertility rates,” says the Census Bureau report. “Populations with high fertility tend to have a young age distribution with a high proportion of children and a low proportion of older people, while those with low fertility have the opposite, resulting in an older society.”

“In many countries today, the total fertility rate (TFR) has fallen below the 2.1 children that a couple needs to replace themselves,” says the report. “In 2015, the TFR is near or below replacement levels in all world regions except Africa.”

Europe has a particularly low fertility rate.

“The more developed countries in Europe, where fertility reduction started more than 100 years ago, have had TFR levels below replacement rate since the 1970s,” says the Census Bureau report. “Currently, the average TFR for Europe is a very low 1.6.”

In the United States in 2015, according to the report, 14.9 percent of the population is 65 or older. In 2050, the report estimates, 22.1 percent of the U.S. population will be 65 or older.

The Census Bureau report estimates that between now and 2050, the population that is 65 and older will more than double while the population under 20 years of age see almost no growth.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

i think it crazy how killing a baby is seen as some kind of personnel freedom that heroic women/men had to fight for and secure for future generations

The right to decide if and when to have children and with who is the most fundamental freedom there is, and taking it away is tyranny.

With that said, I'm against late term abortions unless the mother's life is at risk, but embryos are not people.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Unless the fetus has a heart beat or a working brain its not murder. OR a working blood system supported by the mother.

IF you get pregnant and its totally from consensual sex AND you are not smart enough to taek a morning after pill or wear a condom yes you DO deserve to have that child. people have to learn responsibility. If you get rid of it before it becomes alive then so be it.

SOuls dont inhabit a body before it becomes viable to hold it anyway. SO its not murder to stop it from becoming viable.

As to people who are victims of rape and incest they get special treatment and will be allowed to remove the fetus and give i t up for adoption if its too far along to stop from becoming viable. Thats what artificial wombs are for these days.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

IF you get pregnant and its totally from consensual sex AND you are not smart enough to taek a morning after pill or wear a condom yes you DO deserve to have that child.

But does the child deserve to have the parent?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Perhaps we are going to witness the slow demise of the human species and evolution is doing its will. We deserve it. Human mothers are not the stupid species we once were. We are not progressing anymore. There are no new lands to explore and no new steady jobs that support families. Religious wars about half the globe. The United States is falling apart in its unity so the future is what we see in the ME. Mexico and Canada will build walls to keep american expats out. What love would want to bring a child into that world?
edit on 1-4-2016 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

IF you get pregnant and its totally from consensual sex AND you are not smart enough to taek a morning after pill or wear a condom yes you DO deserve to have that child.

But does the child deserve to have the parent?

Everyone gets a fair shot. IF they can do it then awesome. i f not give the child up for adoption. But after a point it becomes a viable fetus and at such time its past the point of simply getting rid of a non living fetus.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

But after a point it becomes a viable fetus and at such time its past the point of simply getting rid of a non living fetus.

I don't there's anyone who's promoting aborting a healthy viable fetus!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But after a point it becomes a viable fetus and at such time its past the point of simply getting rid of a non living fetus.

I don't there's anyone who's promoting aborting a healthy viable fetus!

Isnt that what a late term abortion is?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You are right. I always saw it as when two people do something without considering the consequences.

So the unborn child never has a say and pays the price for something others did. He/She never has a

life. I think the answer is Chose Life.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No. Late term abortions are abortions that are performed in the 3rd trimester, and are almost always performed because of catastrophic fetal anomalies, and/or the health is the mother is at risk. A fetus in distress can cause the mother to go into septic shock and die.

Roe V Wade guarantees States the right to regulate abortion to protect women's health, and, once fetal viability has been attained, around 22-24 weeks, to protect the life of the fetus. Of course fetal viability should be determined on a case by case basis. Some premies have been able to survive as early as 20 weeks, with extraordinary and expensive intervention. Some fetuses will never reach viability.

Most states have banned elective abortion at 22-24 weeks, but some have banned it at 20 weeks. This can be problematic because most serious fetal anomalies can't be detected until around 20 weeks. So, if a family gets a bad diagnosis, at say, 20 weeks and the doctor advises, or the family wants to terminate the pregnancy, that could be a problematic. In those cases, that women might have to be rushed into an emergency abortion, at say 32 weeks, because she's in septic shock because her fetus is in distress, and she may never recover from the physical and emotional damage that could have been avoided if she had been given the abortion at 20-22 weeks, when first advised.

edit on 1-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
here's a great story for the pro-lifers to explain...

Anti-Choice Activists, Using Bogus Legal Threats, Trick Teens Into Signing Away Abortion Rights

rewire.news...

Last February, AJ, a single mother in Mississippi, found herself at the back of an abortion clinic in Memphis, Tennessee, where two police officers threatened to charge her with fetal homicide.

It was yet another unexpected turn in a week of surprising events for AJ, whose name we have agreed to conceal for the sake of her family’s privacy.

Days earlier, AJ had received the kind of news that most parents of teenagers hope never to hear. Her 17-year-old daughter, a student at Lake Cormorant High School, texted her to say she thought she was pregnant.

Mother and daughter discussed the realities of raising a baby as a single teen in a low-income household. Initially, AJ’s daughter said that she wanted to have an abortion, but she cried when they went to the clinic, so AJ took her home. After more conversations, the daughter again decided to have an abortion, and AJ scheduled an appointment at CHOICES, a clinic in Memphis, half-an-hour’s drive across the border from their home in Mississippi.

As they sat in the clinic waiting room, her daughter was distracted, texting on her phone with a woman in Hernando, Mississippi, whom AJ did not know. The woman had—to AJ’s consternation—been trying to persuade AJ’s daughter not to have an abortion. Her messages kept flashing up on her daughter’s phone. It’s wrong to have an abortion. God is not going to forgive you for this.

“Her mind was solely made up with the procedure that the clinic was going to do,” AJ recalled, “but when she had someone up in her ear telling her, don’t do this—I think the lady did really get in her head.”

Now AJ found herself being stared down by two police, with nervous clinic staff telling her they were unable to provide her daughter’s abortion at that time.

“The police explained that someone had called them saying that my daughter was there unwilling to have the procedure done,” AJ recalled in an interview with Rewire. “So when the police talked to me, they said that if I had forced her to do it they were going to bring fetal homicide charges against me. So we left, and came home.”

rewire.news...

well it turns out that the daughter confided to one of her teachers in school that she was pregnant. this teacher told another teacher who arrange for another women, not connected with the school to meet with the daughter after school. This person drove the girl across state lines to a crisis pregnancy center. this center had her sign a form giving consent to basically share her medical information, her social security number full name, address, ect, to who ever they wished. and well the clinic did just that, sent it out to health clinics, police departments, ect. it also had a statement basically saying that if she was brought in by anyone for an abortion she was there under duress and really didn't want the abortion, it was being forced on her. heck they even had a lawyer appointed to represent the girl to threaten the health clinics.

many clinics have been getting these forms and the girls who sign them claim to have been coerced into signing them.

so much for parental rights, huh??

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero
Gluttony is one. Think about that next time you are slamming back two double cheese burgers. But no single out weighs another right?

You forgot: "slamming back two double cheeseburgers on a Friday whilst wearing a cotton blend blouse; denim pants and some polyester and lycra 'weaved in' for good measure...."

Then point fingers while Your own hands are covered in mud ..

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
end of the day why would you want a child to live with someone who doesn't want them, i see it every day parents who clearly resent their children and the kids know.
and children who are sent for adoption are not guaranteed a loving home in fact how many actually even get adopted instead get thrown on to the street at 18 to fed for them selves with no life skills or love and are messed up adults.
very few abortions happen later on in the pregnancy and the whole idea women use abortion as a contraceptive is stupid yes a few might but they are so messed up int he head would you really want them bringing up a child.
also saying use contraceptive instead is laughable as contraceptive isn't a fool proof answer no contraceptive is 100% they fail.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Just figured I'd add this little tidbit:

In the US:

Who's having abortions (religion)?
Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical".

So basically 86% of abortions are done by folks identifying as Christians, yet the strongest opposition to abortion is made by Christians. That is just hilarious especially since the latest poll numbers have Christians representing 77% of America. Why are they over represented in the abortion numbers? Something is definitely not right. This is pure hypocrisy that they complain about millions of dead "babies", yet completely ignore the fact that the vast majority are caused by them.

www.antiochian.org...
edit on 4 4 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Teddy916

i think it crazy how killing a baby is seen as some kind of personnel freedom that heroic women/men had to fight for and secure for future generations.

do you see how warped our perception on reality is?

Some of these comments have been absolutely appalling! Maybe women need to CHOOSE a better partner to mate with? I guess people think God created sex so we could make booty calls and bump uglies, every time he/she gets "horney"? Then, when the expected results happen from bumping and grinding, people act worse than animals. Killing their own kind just because it interferes with their life!!!

It's also amazing the amount of ignorance and lack of care for another human being that's been displayed on the first page, alone.

People actually think a miscarriage is considered abortion???? Wow. Pure IGNORANCE!

You know the sad but funny part? America is falling like Greece and Rome, and no one can understand, why? Clowns like Hillary and Trump are running for office, and no one understands, how? It's comical watching Sodom and Gomorrah being burned to the ground, while the people inside, can't see the flames. lmfao Now....THAT'S BLIND!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

i will say i dont know what or who God is and I dont expect to but I do know GOOD is real and BAD is real our society is falling and people embrace it with open arms.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
Maybe women need to CHOOSE a better partner to mate with?

Given a choice, yes, women would like a man who's responsible and uses birth control. However, many women who get abortions did NOT have a choice - pregnancy through rape (and often by relatives ... google 'girl pregnant by father' and see (be aware that some of the video titles that come up may also horrify you when you use those search terms.)

There needs to be a culture where men are encouraged to be better partners.

You know the sad but funny part? America is falling like Greece and Rome, and no one can understand, why?

The comparison fails here... Greece was not actually a country until the 1800's - and if you seriously look into what the practices are for ancient Sparta, Athens, Thrace, and so forth you will find a lot of behavior that will disturb you very deeply (including abandoning unwanted babies on hillsides for the wolves and dogs to eat and selling unwanted babies into slavery - and there's much worse from Sparta.) Rome fell, not from abortions and so forth but from a series of weak rulers and a military that was too overextended to control its conquests and inflation and the practice of the wealthy turning their farms into tiny city-states.

America's problems are different.

Also, women have always gone to doctors and midwives to obtain drugs for abortions. The Ebers Papyrus (from Egypt, about 1500 BC) has recipes for abortion-inducing potions (and contraceptives). I know you will find this hard to believe, but if you start reading up on the history of infanticide and abortion (which would be uncomfortable reading for you, I suppose) you will find out that we're actually better than our forebearers.

And since our birth control methods are better (and would be still better if men would be more proactive in contraception), there is less demand for abortions now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join