It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbearable confusion: Trump Doesn’t Understand His Own Foreign Policy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

This doesnt show inconsistency in foreign policy. Was it incoherent? As you presented it yes.

HE DID ANSWER THE QUESTION.

from your source

“We do not win any more. This country doesn’t win,” he said. “We don’t win with … We can’t even beat ISIS. And by the way, just to answer the rest of that question, I would knock the hell out of ISIS in some form. I would rather not do it with our troops, you understand that. Very important.”

He has been advocating for a light international foot print. He basically said either air strikes or through international efforts as his already published foreign policy states.

Sending troops is not his preferred way. He would rather people in the ME solve their own problems. Air strikes against known positions seems like a viable option.

edit on 3 31 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
The thing with Trump is: The package is more important than the content.

I watched some speeches of him and i could still not tell you what his politics are.
I get: he will build a huuuuge beautiful wall, expell all muslims and yeah, attack china!?

Else?

I heard no solutions to economical problems (which are huuuuge), foreign policy, social security, healthcare and so on and so forth.

It s all just hot air and entertainment, much like Wrestling.
I guess he has no clue himself.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is really no big deal. Literally making things up as you go along by drawing from a deck of strategy cards would be far more effective than the US foreign policy of the last 65 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is really no big deal. Literally making things up as you go along by drawing from a deck of strategy cards would be far more effective than the US foreign policy of the last 65 years.

No it wouldnt , thats exactly what was done this whole last administration.

We dont need it again, and Donald has proven he cant even FAKE it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
If the guy claims he doesn't want to reveal his foreign policy

Obama never reveled a foreign policy and the press never pushed him on it. He definitely never explained in during the campaign.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
He doesn't want nuclear! But... he wants to pull troops out of South Korea and Japan.. and replace them with.. nuclear weapons. huh! Or he wants South Korea to start paying for us being there. The guy has as much foreign policy savvy as the loud obnoxious dude at work who really has very little clue what is happening, but likes to boastfully make sweeping statements that when examined.. mean nothing, or can't be backed up with stuff like.. I dunno.. facts and common sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
And he wants to build a frigging wall to keep Muslims (and others) out and supports blocking entry for Muslims... unless they're rich... then he'll build a red carpet. Yea, he's all there.

source

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

For Trump it seems lately every question is a gotcha moment. Because he doesn't have a platform. He has no ideas other than ridiculous ones.
Just tell me when this show is over or if he decides to have P.T. Barnum as a running mate.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

No, I think the last 30 years especially have been far more sinister than a mere accident.
You actually have to try really hard to make a mess as big as the one the Clinton's, Bush's and Obama have.
edit on 1/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There was no editing in that interview. It was shown exactly as it happened. When Trump said they edited it He Lied.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnSmith77

Really? Because I think most of us would want someone who can answer those questions. It's not a job at MacDonalds. He had better be qualified to tackle real world issues with real world leaders. This isn't a joke.
Today there could be orders for building more nuclear weapons because of his mouth. A regular nuclear arms race like we haven't seen since the 80s.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No, I think the last 30 years especially have been far more sinister than a mere accident.
You actually have to try really hard to make a mess as big as the one the Clinton's, Bush's and Obama have.

Clinton had the budget in the black. We had a surplus. Bush single handily almost destroyed the economy while his cronies got fi;thy rich. Obama was obstructed by congress with more filibusters in two terms then in the whole history of the country.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnSmith77

Worthless.
Like saving the auto industry, and saving the banking industry and saving the world from assholes like Osama Bin Laden and providing health care to millions who never had it before. Job growth is up, the economy is better, hell, houses are even being built again. But hey whatcha done for me lately huh?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sure we can set the world straight with a big old game of go fish.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
There was no editing in that interview. It was shown exactly as it happened. When Trump said they edited it He Lied.

He claimed the same thing with the Chris Matthews interview.
MSNBC had to file a disclaimer this morning stating that the interview was aired uncut and unedited.

He flip flopped like a flounder on the deck of a boat. Had to back peddle and change ahem clarify his positions on every issue. As soon as his advisors told him what that was.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Nothing like the truth to make a point. Some people actually developed blindness to what they don't want to see. I think Obama did a hell of a job in spite of the hurdles the GOP piled up in front of him.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Clinton had the budget in the black. We had a surplus. Bush single handily almost destroyed the economy while his cronies got fi;thy rich. Obama was obstructed by congress with more filibusters in two terms then in the whole history of the country.

The thread is about foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sure we can set the world straight with a big old game of go fish.

It would be better than 'go bomb'!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

To be sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Trump said he would not take nukes off the table for Europe.

What is the problem?

What if Europe is taken over by space aliens or isis?

Would Trump get a high 5 if he said, no nukes for Europe?

How did the other runners answer that question?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join