It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbearable confusion: Trump Doesn’t Understand His Own Foreign Policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Oh this is great, So Trump gets a straight question:

RYAN: You [MUFFLED] mentioned a few minutes earlier here that you would knock ISIS. You’ve mentioned it many times. You’ve also mentioned the risk of putting American troop in a danger area. If you could substantially reduce the risk of harm to ground troops, would you use a battlefield nuclear weapon to take out ISIS?

And in response:

TRUMP: I don’t want to use, I don’t want to start the process of nuclear. Remember the one thing that everybody has said,I’m a counterpuncher. Rubio hit me. Bush hit me. When I said low energy, he’s a low-energy individual, he hit me first. I spent, by the way he spent 18 million dollars’ worth of negative ads on me. That’s putting [MUFFLED]…

Wait What? What are you talking about Trump? (typical fashion for him because as weve all said before Trump has NO idea about foreign policy just look at his nuclear tried response)

Moving on, Not wanting him to shy away Ryan states"

RYAN: This is about ISIS. You would not use a tactical nuclear weapon against ISIS?

Answer:

TRUMP: I’ll tell you one thing, this is a very good looking group of people here. Could I just go around so I know who the hell I’m talking to?

Are you freaking serious? This guy is like Drunk Uncle Bobby at the Thanksgiving dinner that no one invited and when hes not shoving his opinion down your throat hes babbling on incoherently about things he knows nothing about.

Why are his followers still supporting him? Its cult like the way they give him such a pass on things like this.
The man is a danger to the country, he has NO idea other than his talking points to pander, how to run this country or foreign affairs.

The "art of the deal" Are you kidding? If this guy was in negotiations with heads of countries and started babbling like this there is NO WAY in hell they would work with him because he doesnt know what hes talking about, and they cant trust him. Just look at how he waffles.

People need to wake up to the truth of Donald, and thats that his EGO has overridden his ability.

Source

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Why are his followers still supporting him?

You kind of answered your own question... It's the cult of personality,It's not so much what he says but how he says the things he does regardless of how incoherent and nonsensical they are.
It's what gives him the appeal. Among other things..
edit on 3am31America/Chicago3110America/Chicagoam301 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I saw a video on CNN last night of Chris Matthews interviewing Trump. He did a great job of making Trump sound nothing but confused, with zero knowledge of foreign policy, especially nukes...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So you're saying we should tell our enemies what we will or won't do?

If he said he would drop nukes people would freak out and say he was fueling ISIS's hate for us.

If he said he would not use nukes, people would be saying he was showing weakness.
edit on 31-3-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

To be fair, it's well-documented how Hilary is a walking contradiction, and Bernie is a career politician who hasn't accomplished d*ck and will be laughed off the world stage.... I understand Trump is no better in a lot of respects, but this whole political mess we all find our selves in is just total madness... I really hate how we look to the rest of the world right now. Not saying we've looked great over the recent past, but this has to be near a new low for us.... sigh
edit on 31-3-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If the guy claims he doesn't want to reveal his foreign policy because it would amount to giving those he considers to be enemies the heads up, like a lot of Trump supporters claim is the reason he is vague....

He could at least try to sound like something other than an idiot who simply trails off on unrelated subjects or avoids the topic altogether....

It almost scares me how anyone would support this fool and his nonsensical baloney.

Maybe they're all just fools?.

...Yup, I meet a lot of fools every day...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Why are his followers still supporting him?

You kind of answered your own question... It's the cult of personality,It's not so much what he says but how he says the things he does regardless of how incoherent and nonsensical they are.
It's what gives him the appeal. Among other things..

Your response was spot on...people are going to vote for him regardless of the facts and to be honest people will vote for Hillary regardless of what she says or does......

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
LMAO.

There are so many "how trump answers questions" issues floating about around the internet right now, all of which are on a different 'answer' or focus, and all of them are just the most outlandish, nonsensical responses I've ever come across.

Trump diverges away from, and avoids questions as much as possible, it's ridiculous.

I realize that a lot of politicians do this, but in this case, trumps the king.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That is a tried and true technique when you don't really want to answer the question. Heck, people on ATS do it all the time. You ask a very specific question which for the most part only requires a yes or no answer. Instead, the technique is to not really answer the question and then change the topic.

All politicians do this when they don't want to be pinned down on something.

I'm sure I can dig up Obama and anyone else doing the exact same thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
until you are actually president, you shouldn't know what you will do. Too much intel is unknown until that point. Would you rather have a President who says he will do something and then never does...like our last half dozen or so? What we need to be looking at is the philosophy behind such decision making. What type of thinking guides the decisions?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't believe Trump was at all confused. He knew exactly what he was doing. It's known as answering the question you want to answer... not the question asked. Politicians have been doing it forever. Just because we don't know Trump's intentions or what's really going on in his head, doesn't mean he doesn't know.

You might keep that in mind the next time you're tempted to judge others based on your own faulty judgment. You're not winning over any hearts and minds here. Just feeding the hate and divide which enabled Trump to get as far as he has to begin with.

Quite the vicious circle.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's like he is playing poker and bluffing every hand. And when someone calls him and it is time to show his cards he just accidentally drops them on the floor or puts them back in the deck and says you just gotta take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You're right, which shows trump is just like them and yet all his followers keep talking about how different he is.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

TRUMP: I don’t want to use, I don’t want to start the process of nuclear.

Asked and answered.

So the issue is WHAT ?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

TRUMP: I don’t want to use, I don’t want to start the process of nuclear.

Asked and answered.

So the issue is WHAT ?

because he asked him to clarify and because he continued to ramble into the other section. Mostly because Trump has gone back and forth on that issue alone. And when pressed he just goes off the rails like he has Alzheimers (no offense to Alz patients)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not sure about the interviewer in the op, but when Chris Matthews asked him if he would rule out dropping a nuke somewhere in Europe, Trump said that he would not rule out dropping a nuke on Europe, going after ISIS
I'm quite sure he was just flustered and wouldn't really nuke Europe......

I'm almost sure this'll be a question given to Trump again, for clarification.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is hilarious, let's follow MSM protocol and take one 3 second snip from the response and completely ignore everything else.

I mean it works because apparently the Trumpohobes just eat it up like kibble instead of actually figuring it out for themselves.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Trump practices good avoidance. I wonder if that interview was before or after the Matthews interview. He gets flustered easily..
edit on 31-3-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Funny because that comment is rather self explanatory.

I don't want to use them.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This one is worth 50,000 votes.

And why should any candidate not in office give away answers to enemies and friends that could become enemies?

We see many countries screaming about Trump, and they are "friends" now as long as they get something.

Lots of nervous jerkies all over the place as they fly their true colors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join