It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbearable confusion: Trump Doesn’t Understand His Own Foreign Policy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The thing with Trump is: The package is more important than the content.

I watched some speeches of him and i could still not tell you what his politics are.
I get: he will build a huuuuge beautiful wall, expell all muslims and yeah, attack china!?

Else?

I heard no solutions to economical problems (which are huuuuge), foreign policy, social security, healthcare and so on and so forth.

It s all just hot air and entertainment, much like Wrestling.
I guess he has no clue himself.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Edumakated

You're right, which shows trump is just like them and yet all his followers keep talking about how different he is.

No, that is just how people avoid being pinned down on a question. Sometimes interviewers try to setup the questions to get a gotcha moment. Both liberal and conservatives do this.

Every politician has been in a situation where they may be vague about something or not answer a question. The problem is a politician can't say, "I don't know" because then pundits and critics will try to use that against them. At the same time, if a politicians says they will do XYZ specifically, then the pundits and critics will also nit pick that as well. It is a no win situation and politicians know they have to walk a fine line of answering the questions but not necessarily giving enough ammo that gets spun negatively or taken out of context.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
This is hilarious, let's follow MSM protocol and take one 3 second snip from the response and completely ignore everything else.

I mean it works because apparently the Trumpohobes just eat it up like kibble instead of actually figuring it out for themselves.

Your you could listen to the whole video you can find anywhere on google and get the same effect.

its not like this is an isolated incident with Trump, this happens ALL THE TIME

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

So... why don't you link the full video and let people see for themselves? It's easier to just make claims that make people feel warm n fuzzy inside?

If you just want to "talk" about people dodging questions, lets talk about the moderators giving a pass to candidates like Cruz to filibuster hard questions by droning on with scripted responses that never get down to the core of the subject. Such a double standard.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You are complaining because he didn't answer a question on the spot regarding a hypothetical scenario, one that would require advisers, intelligence and a whole slew of other missing components to making such a decision?

What nonsense, and what incredulity.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So you're saying we should tell our enemies what we will or won't do?

Yes...His cluelessness is actually brilliance...

I am at a loss to describe what is potentially going on in the minds of Trump supporters..

He could answer all further public questions by burping the alphabet and his supporters would fawn at his feet.

I used to think he was just a walking expression of frustration...A kind of "lets burn the whole place down" attitude by those supporting him...but apparently no..they genuinely worship the guy. Entire books will be written and courses be taught on the sociological and psychological factors that allowed him to get this far. Objectively...it is really wild to watch.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hearing libs talk about lack of specifics is hilarious. Obama was probably the most non-specific candidate we've ever had in any presidential election. Not to mention the complete lack of vetting.

Hope and Change was brilliant in its simplicity. Of course, no one could tell you exactly WTF it was supposed to mean. Hope for what? What exactly are we changing?

No candidate can get too specific on the campaign trail as people then start nit picking little details and spinning them out of context.

Personally, I'd like a candidate who would have the balls to say "I don't know. let me research it and I will get back to you." I'm a very practical guy. I don't expect people to have all the answers. I also like people who take time to get details about something and then form their opinion. Unfortunately, politicians are not rewarded for doing this so they always will have a scripted answer OR try to be as vague as possible to avoid being held to something or taken out of context.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Text

Nice spin, well I will take the high road on this and say you don't understand Trump and what he's doing in the slightest.

First and foremost Trump is a promoter and a negotiator. They overlap. U.S. credibility, both in negotiations and Militarily is at it's lowest point ever. Without credibility, negotiations are a waste of time. Egs. 'line in the sand, 'free trade' etc..

When one negotiates, one takes the toughest stance one can, one gets the other side's attention. If the other side 'scoffs' Trump doubles down, simple. He will get their attention-as he has from his supporters- and then....and only then does negotiations begin.

All of it! China, Mexico, Isis, refugees....all of them, establish credibility then negotiate from a position of strength/power...even fear. All to level the playing field and finally some positive results that benefit the U.S. overall. Not elitists, not the MIC, not any specific group other than the U.S..

Hence my support. Agree or disagree. This might clarify Trump's M.O. for you.

edit on 31-3-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It's not that I love Trump by any stretch of the imagination, it's more so a lack of quality in the candidates we have to choose from. Hilary terrifies me, because I know she is the ultimate puppet... And Bernie's plan will destroy the economy if it ever gets approved, but I'm sure his ambitious plan to take on Wall Street will be met with a 4 year stalemate in Congress... I'm okay with gradual change, but Bernie's trying to accomplish too much in a 4 year span, and he doesn't really have the track record for doing much, other than holding a seat for many many years with little to show.... So, it's a lack of quality, and a true "rock and a hard place" scenario I'm facing...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In other news, when Donald Trump was asked why the chicken crossed the road he had this to say, "Well, you see, there's this chicken and this road. It's a chicken and has feathers. They also taste good with Trump Steaks. Chickens also eat worms and other bugs. They're killers, all killers. Now these chickens have a habit of crossing roads. They cause wrecks and accidents by crossing roads. They also have feathers. Feathers are in pillows and that means they're lazy, only for lazy people. Chickens are lazy. They sponge off of everyone else. Lazy. Now these chickens crossing roads. We can't have that. I say we build a wall to keep them from crossing these roads. Yes, build a wall to keep the roads clear of chickens. People won't be so lazy without those feather pillows. We can build this wall with a small loan of a million dollars. We can make this country great again by building the wall and keeping those chickens from crossing roads. We can do this. Don't trust these other guys to do it. They're chicken lovers. I'm the only one who can, build the wall to stop the chickens that is. I'm the only one.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Indigo5

It's not that I love Trump by any stretch of the imagination, it's more so a lack of quality in the candidates we have to choose from. Hilary terrifies me, because I know she is the ultimate puppet... And Bernie's plan will destroy the economy if it ever gets approved, but I'm sure his ambitious plan to take on Wall Street will be met with a 4 year stalemate in Congress... I'm okay with gradual change, but Bernie's trying to accomplish too much in a 4 year span, and he doesn't really have the track record for doing much, other than holding a seat for many many years with little to show.... So, it's a lack of quality, and a true "rock and a hard place" scenario I'm facing...

It's a tough spot to be in..

My advice would be to either vote 3rd Party obscure...they might not get elected, but the number of votes they receive encourage those outside efforts to try again and grow.

Or

choose the least potentially damaging candidate from the lot.

I am highly confident that all politics aside, Trump has the greatest potential to significantly damage this country.

I would rather see a place holder of a President for 4 years and hope Conservatives and Democrats field better candidates in 4 years, than I would having someone like Trump in office.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

originally posted by: neo96

TRUMP: I don’t want to use, I don’t want to start the process of nuclear.

Asked and answered.

So the issue is WHAT ?

because he asked him to clarify and because he continued to ramble into the other section. Mostly because Trump has gone back and forth on that issue alone. And when pressed he just goes off the rails like he has Alzheimers (no offense to Alz patients)

That's weak dude. He answered the question. He doesn't have to stand there for an hour for this guy simply because the dude wants more detail.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I say this every year, and it still rings true again today, this country needs term limits on not only the President, but also all the House and Senate... No more career politicians, you get in, you do your two terms, and you're done... New minds, less long standing relationships with politicians and lobbyists and then change will begin to happen... Until that day comes, each Presidency will continue to ruin this country...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Are you freaking serious? This guy is like Drunk Uncle Bobby at the Thanksgiving dinner that no one invited and when hes not shoving his opinion down your throat hes babbling on incoherently about things he knows nothing about.

What do you expect, he respects the incoherent Sarah Palin! Can you imagine a conversation between these two? lol. People would probably look at each other saying WTF are they talking about?

I think Trump has dementia. He doesn't know what he said yesterday let alone an hour ago. He makes no sense! It's really scary to think we have sane people supporting this blubbering idiot.

edit on 31-3-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

Are you freaking serious? This guy is like Drunk Uncle Bobby at the Thanksgiving dinner that no one invited and when hes not shoving his opinion down your throat hes babbling on incoherently about things he knows nothing about.

Why are his followers still supporting him? Its cult like the way they give him such a pass on things like this.
The man is a danger to the country, he has NO idea other than his talking points to pander, how to run this country or foreign affairs.

The "art of the deal" Are you kidding? If this guy was in negotiations with heads of countries and started babbling like this there is NO WAY in hell they would work with him because he doesnt know what hes talking about, and they cant trust him. Just look at how he waffles.

People need to wake up to the truth of Donald, and thats that his EGO has overridden his ability.

Source

YEP.

(sorry couldn't find better quality video)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

We did the entire four hours. Kassick at 7:00, Trump at 8:00, Clinton at 9:00 and Sanders at 10:00.

It was exhausting at times.
Rachel Maddow is so energetic and fun to watch. She actually went out after Hillary to get her to respond to the Trump interview with Chris Matthews. They all had their phones turned off and didn't know of the debacle until after her interview was finished. When they heard about it they quickly set up Hillary interview 2.0. so that she could address the statements made by Trump.

Today Trump made a surprise visit to RNC headquarters. Maybe to back out now that everyone knows just how crazy he really is.

edit on 3312016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Apparently Trump believes it is this simple too.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Play the entire interview with Chris Matthews . No need for editing.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Trump is not a good public speaker in my opinion. You see, for him talking to interviewers has become a routine his whole life, so he babbles and rabbles just to get over with it. He does, however, have proven leadership skills.
If Trump where to be President he would get the best people to work for him, that's for sure.

I rather have a guy in charge, who might not be good at answering media questions, but is good at leadership, then a bunch of puppets who know very well how to satisfy the media and the public (like, Obama), and be a worthless leader

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Complete lack of vetting? Hmmmm. You wouldn't be implying a birth certificate issue would you? We know who lead that parade.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join