It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be culled?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I almost joined the navy once upon a time like my dad did. I'm certainly unable to now though, transgender issues as well as age and health.

I'm at my best when helping others, at my worst when helping myself honestly.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

One of the hardest things for people like us to learn is not to use others to measure ourselves by. Most people don't even live up to their own expectations, let alone someone else's. I wish I had an answer to your very valid post, or even just a hint...not much help since I've been battling the same demons all my life as well. I could have coauthored your post in fact.

It's early on in this thread, perhaps someone will have words of wisdom that will bring about an "Well I'll be damned! That's exactly what I needed to read! And it makes so much sense." moment. Maybe something will come to me for you....

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I wrote this in a PM where I was asked to describe what I meant by the wall. Decided to share my response here, is my attempt to describe it.

"The wall, it's, kind of, a mental barrier. It's like, you now how sometimes there's a word at the tip of your tongue, it's a word you know you know, but try as you might you can't force yourself to remember it... Well it's like that but for things you need to do.

Like, for example, in psychology in college, we had a paper at the end of the class, if I turned in literally anything I only needed 20% on the paper, I'd have an A in the class and be allowed to skip the final.

But every time I sat down to do it, bam I hit the wall, I was non functional. No matter how much I tried, cried, attempted to make myself do anything, I just couldn't. All I could was sit there in tears and frustration. I never turned in the paper, and as a result no matter how I scored on the final the best I could get was a B, which is what I got as I nailed the test of course.

This was a simple thing, with literally no chance for failure, but I just shut down. I could not make my mind do what I demanded of it. Same with going to work tonight and staying there yesterday. I just shut down.

Unlike the paper which is mostly mental, I could physically work a bit while there, but my body functioned minimally, and nausea and lightheadedness quickly overwhelmed me as I tried to force myself to physically work despite mentally shutting down. The struggle turned physical and I could eventually barely stand, I had no choice but to leave."

That's the wall. Sometimes, I can get through it, kind of like, sometimes you can get through that barrier hiding that missing word from you. But usually it's time that brings you your word back, or lets you get passed that wall. Problem is, work doesn't allow time as an option."

Great description, it's very informative to those of us who are interested in something that is hard for most to describe in words.

Thank you for sharing with us, hopefully someone might help you find the door, and the keys, to get through the wall.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Ok, I thought as much, but was worth a shot.

Then you need to find a place where you are needed. Venture out of what is familiar and look for a place where you could do great things for others.

You have no idea how much you can help others. Go far and find a group who needs you. They are out there.

We are best helping others. We are not meant to help ourselves. If it was a super power, it would be cryptonite on ourselves.

It is a super power though. No one can help like you can. I dont know you, but I know this.

You have untold strength. Not to make BS grandiose claims, but you are the things worth is measured by.

Find that need and fill it like no other can. You arent meant to be rich, but we are ALL meant to be happy with ourselves.

Trust me, you are HIGHLY NEEDED. The world would be dark and dead without its few true lights.

and remember, we all fall.

EDIT TO ADD:
I dont know if you like, but it helped me.

AND

Learn this poem and say it like a prayer everyday. Every moment you are about to break.

INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Have a good one.
HOLD IT DOWN.

edit on 3 29 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is a wake up call.
Eckhart Tolle was having suicidal thoughts - one evening he heard the voice (the thought) - 'I cannot live with myself anymore' and he was intrigued, 'who' cannot live with 'who'? How many of me are there?? The next day he woke up and the depression and anxiety was gone. He spent years exploring what had happened. He went on to write 'The Power of Now'.
Here is a sample of Echart Tolle.

Here is a beautiful comment written by Lily on the youtube page.

I was very much overwhelmed with fear today concerning a certain situation...... I closed my eyes, tried to locate this fear in my body and I just let it be without pushing it away, but observing it, embracing it and accepting its presence, listening what it wants to tell me... this technique always works for me and relaxes me almost instantly.... also a realization came to me that fear is an illusion created by our minds, it only exists when we believe in it.

edit on 29-3-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Absolutely not, do you know that with proper management and use of the science we have now that the earth COULD sustain more than ten time's the current population, maybe far more even than that without the ecological apocalypse which is currently unfolding.

To think that we are the sole cause and our death would be the solution is narcissistic and evil.

Hydroponics's, environmentally controlled green houses in the deserts, architecture married to farming - imagine mile high or ten mile high structures like gigantic squat versions of the Eiffel tower, wider to there height of course, at ground level a massive agricultural space, a deck at a height above it worked out to allow a certain amount of light with angled mirrors etc to maximize it and irrigation systems, on top of this deck another farm, then again above that and as the altitude required windbreaks and eventually transparrent sides, not just for farming but even as artificial nature reserves with forests there environment governed by computer and regulated to compensate for what is going on outside.
City's built were no one would dream, underground, on some of these deck's, in the sea and even off world.

Now understand this, If humanity resorts to population culling, forced illegal sterilization (As may and probably already has happened with vaccination such as the MMR and BCG - why do you think the government makes it mandatory - even in the west - especially in the west with our falling birth rate) and the likes of the Bill gates foundation have there way then the human race is actually DAMNED, DOOMED and DUSTED because it will die out and become extinct as a failed species at the latest by about 3500 ad having limited it's own viability genetic and re-productively as a species but if instead we learn to use our environment properly to use the brain's God gave us to solve our problems and pool our resources and ability's then the human race can litterally achieve almost anything.

edit on 29-3-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Before I post an answer to your OP, tell me this...Do you want a pat on the back and a "poor baby, it's not your fault, you'll be ok"
Or do you want to hear the truth?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Your opinion is fine, the truth is certainly not something either of us possess. But hearing your version will be fine.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I am nothing special.

But I can promise you this:

If any attempt were made to cull me or my people, those doing the culling would become their own quota in short order.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I had a whole reply typed and deleted it. I get the feeling you'll see it as a 50something grumbling about "those young kids today are lazy" when it was anything but.
Good luck to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's too bad, but alright. Good luck to you as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

There is nothing that says you have to find your niche by age ____ . Everyone has their ups and downs. Strength isn't measured using a standard ruler. Please stop measuring your success against the success of others.

Find what important in your heart and work at your pace, not the pace of others.

Good luck and positive thoughts!
edit on 29-3-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
OP : You sound like someone I know.

Wanna hear the god awful truth?
It's not society
It's not your lack of skills
It's just... well...

You're lazy.

Stop trying to find external reasons, stop embracing the idea you are flawed.
you spend more time trying to find an ' intelligent' reason why you are you.
Instead of the most basic reason of reasons. You're just lazy.

Being lazy isn't bad, if you have the means to live a lazy life, who am I.
Just be true to yourself... and others for that matter.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi OP, I have and am experiencing thE same as you. When I studied, at first I was the bright young guy impressing all my fellow students and the professors, then I hit the wall, and all my work just turn into #. In my jobs and personal life it is the same. Then I decided to leave everything behind and start a new life from scratch in a new country where I knew nobody, but a few years down the lane, the same old dark times are threatening to overtake me again. Wish I had an answer for you, but I dont. i wrote this just to tell you you arenot alone, there are more of us out there.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Oh my goodness.

HELL NO!

Can I ask you something?

How do you know, that one day, you smiled, or even spoke kindly to someone, that was considering harming themselves? How do you know that maybe your small, kind act, stopped them? How do you know that you haven't just brightened someones day before?

You don't. But odds are, you did.
Or you will.
That is why you should keep on.

Big Hugs!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There is a reason they call it self esteem. No one can change how you view yourself, but yourself. When things seem bleak, and the cards are stacked against you. Push on, move forward. You will find your purpose. Trust me, I was the black sheep in almost every arena I dabbled into. it wasn't until I found uncle sam that I found purpose and something I was good at. Although it has no real civilian applications I was top notch at what I did.

It takes time, in the end time is all we have. Stay true to yourself, keep your head up, and carry on. If you have one foot in the past and one foot in the future then all you're doing is whizzing on today.

Your strength will be realized, everyone's is at some point. Don't throw in the towel, keep on keeping on!

Things change, nothing ever stays the same. You'll see.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer
A blunt assessment if ever there was one. Although don't pin one as lazy for lack of ambition.
laziness can often be tied to great intelligence.

We live in a world with which we have little to no control over...that can take a toll on ones self perception for sure.

What makes something perfect? The imperfections that bring it all into harmony.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No doubt about it. You're a worthless vampire. Sucking the life blood out of other people who contribute to society, and support people like you who can't take care of yourself, let alone anyone else. What a sad statement on the generations coming up behind me. We are doomed, if you and others in this thread are an example of those who will be counted on to support the next generation of losers. /sarcasm

Now that we have that out of the way...

You are by no means alone. More and more people in all age groups are starting to grow weary of the neo-feudal system we live in and under. I know more than one person who has quit the high paying job, sold their house, and all the fancy stuff to live a MUCH cheaper, simpler lifestyle. These were people were at the top of their game. I know another who is now considering doing the same. I know another who now works at Walmart. I'm not kidding. People are growing weary of the never-ending taxes, fees, and costs to live what should be a normal lifestyle for everyone.

My suggestion is that you consider self-employment. That's what I did. I hated my job so bad, I couldn't bring myself to go to work any more. So I quit, and started working for myself. It wasn't easy, and it still isn't. I have done without a lot to make ends meet. If you have artistic or creative talents, you CAN make a living. And don't sell your talents cheap! Put a worthy price tag on them.

As the Joker would say..."If you're good at something. Never do it for free."

edit on 3/29/2016 by Klassified because: add sarcasm tag for those like Sheldon Cooper

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers
a reply to: Belgianbeer

laziness can often be tied to great intelligence.

Don't mistake intelligence for above average.
This seems to be a common answer, yeah but that's because he's "intelligent".

Unless you can write your own symphony at the age of 4 you aren't that smart.
Just like the rest of us.... above average.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There are few people on this website these days who are more intelligent than you, Puppy.

I am suggesting that you already know the answers to your questions.

What you describe appears cyclical? But you already know that. The question is, how to stop it when it starts, and it obviously does stop. It's temporary. It comes and goes, yes?

Examine yourself. What triggers these episodes? How long do they last? Do these feelings/moods resolve spontaneously, or is there an "assist". You need only to answer to yourself.

You can figure this out, albeit in the midst of a depressive episode is not the time our insights and self evaluations are at their sharpest. Ride this one out. You've done it before, and stop the hell beating yourself up. More than ever, your self-talks need to be kind. Maybe even understanding.

eta: And what's up with this "culling" junk? You are going to a dark place in that little highway of your mind, so take a detour! People aren't burdens to society, or are seen as such by only the very small minded, or characteristically emotionally and intellectually impaired. No culling please. : )
edit on 3/29/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join