It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reveals when he thinks America was great

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The majority of women were much happier back then being fulltime mothers before feminists denigrated women for being fulltime mothers.

I don't believe that for one second, so we'll have to agree to disagree I suppose. Unless you want to refute my myopic opinion with hard facts? Obviously you're not omniscient so do you have some strong tangible evidence to support the majority of women were happier then compared to Today?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You really don't need any studies all one has to do and look at the family's of today compared to then, it's much worse today.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: reldra

You're daring me? really? So what do I get if I do?

I am not sure. I just invited you to attempt it.

Well that's no fun, seriously. You make it seem as though I face consequences should I take you up on your offer. Without a possible reward for weathering those consequences, then why even bother?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This thread is just one big $h!tpost

OP you should come to the mud-pit sometime.

edit on 26-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: reldra

Urban Institute: The Black Family Is Worse Of Today Than In the 1960’s, Report Shows
From 1963 to 2013: Is black America better off 50 years after ‘I Have a Dream’
Why blacks are worse off now than ever

How did this thread get to this? Is this off-topic? I don't even know.

Because the SJW whiners need to believe America sucks, otherwise their facade could be endangered and they would need to find a safe space STAT.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
personally i dont think the world has ever witnessed a wonderful age.
the good ole days are only good through rose colored glasses at best.

I LOVED the 80s. I, personally had a LOT of fun. I went to school and had jobs from the time I was 14 (I lied about my age to work more hours). I was able to keep up my grades, make money and go to night clubs (it was before the big clamp down on people being underage and the age to go to a bar then I think was 19 in NY).

However, I know my mother was struggling. She had gone back to school. She had divorced. She had another child in elementary school. I babysat a lot, I sometimes brought home groceries- sometimes without paying for them- from convenience store jobs. She never asked me to do that. Looking back, I know she was struggling....a lot.

But through rose-colored glasses: the 80s were fantastic to me. They were not for others.

The economy was not great. The president ignored the rise of AIDS. Crazy right wing radio started. In many respects, it was 2 steps forward, 10 steps back.
edit on 26-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You really don't need any studies all one has to do and look at the family's of today compared to then, it's much worse today.

How do the "families of today" have anything to do with women being happier?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I wonder if Trump would admit that we could not have won that war if it weren't for the cooperation with Communist Russia.

The D-Day invasion would have ended differently if the Eastern Front wasn't a focus for Germany.

I wonder if Soviet Russia would admit that if it wasn't for the lend lease program and the continued war on the western front that they probably would have been overrun by Hitler and company? See how this works?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Black men have been voting in all the cities I mentioned since 1870.

Learn some basic US history.

According to History.com

The Voting Rights Act, signed into law by President Lyndon Johnson (1908-73) on August 6, 1965, aimed to overcome legal barriers at the state and local levels that prevented African Americans from exercising their right to vote under the 15th Amendment (1870) to the Constitution of the United States. The act significantly widened the franchise and is considered among the most far-reaching pieces of civil rights legislation in U.S. history.

source

What was the need for that Voting Rights Act to overcome barriers for blacks if it was all hunky dory in that department life?

link   

Here is just one study revealing the consistent decline in general happiness since 1972.

Each year since 1972, the United States General Social Survey has asked men and women: “How happy are you, on a scale of 1 to 3, with 3 being very happy, and 1 being not too happy?” This survey includes a representative sample of men and women of all ages, education levels, income levels, and marital status—1,500 per year for a total of almost 50,000 individuals thus far—and so it gives us a most reliable picture of what’s happened to men’s and women’s happiness over the last few decades.

As you can imagine, a survey this massive generates a multitude of findings, (see the full report by Wharton Professors Betsy Stevenson and Justin Wolfers) but here are the two most important discoveries.

First, since 1972, women’s overall level of happiness has dropped, both relative to where they were forty years ago, and relative to men. You find this drop in happiness in women regardless of whether they have kids, how many kids they have, how much money they make, how healthy they are, what job they hold, whether they are married, single or divorced, how old they are, or what race they are. (The one and only exception: African-American women are now slightly happier than they were back in 1972, although they remain less happy than African American men.)
www.huffingtonpost.com...

link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

So pointing out facts is being a sjw?? Tell me how that statement is wrong.
edit on thSat, 26 Mar 2016 22:08:19 -0500America/Chicago320161980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   
Why is it always the idealistic past that people love so much??? Usually when they were young as well??? I can think of a few reasons.

The problem is of course, it's gone. It's the past and it's gone. It also had it's problems too which is why it changed from then till now.

Maybe we should try and think of how we can make our future better instead of living in the past which will never happen again anyway. Things now aren't how things were then and it's time to move on.

It's easy to romanticize the past. We've been doing that forever. The more you go back the more you get to change it in order to make it sound good.

I think we should start looking forward instead of backward.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: introvert
I wonder if Trump would admit that we could not have won that war if it weren't for the cooperation with Communist Russia.

The D-Day invasion would have ended differently if the Eastern Front wasn't a focus for Germany.

I wonder if Soviet Russia would admit that if it wasn't for the lend lease program and the continued war on the western front that they probably would have been overrun by Hitler and company? See how this works?

I believe that is true as well. It was a team effort.

Regardless, we owe a debt of gratitude to the Communists. They owe us the same.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Its clear Trump is not very bright when it comes to History.

So who was pushing America around in the 50s?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

In my opinion women then held the families together knew where and what their children were doing now not so much, look at the big cities for examples.

Now women are more miserable trying to compete in the workplace.
edit on 26-3-2016 by thesaneone because: Hit enter to soon

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Southern democratic kkk controlled states tried every trick in the book to disenfranchise black and poor white voters.

The northern states did not interfere with black people voting.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Right. Because we should always trust our myopic and usually very localized experiences over studies, polls, surveys, and things of that nature that attempt to capture evidence on a much larger scale. We should just trust our incredibly small exposure to the World encapsulates a truth that extends to half the entire human population.

Sounds legit.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What Trump bascilly says is that. War is good for Business. Post war is great for Business even dispute that after that 80s and 90s were not so great.

Unless you were a stock broker or a baby bomber at the markets.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: TaleDawn

Trump also pointed to the "late '40s and '50s," a time when, he said, "we were not pushed around, we were respected by everybody

If 'we' doesn't include women then those days were golden times for misogynistic A-holes. So Trump's words are definitely accurate depending on who's consensus he's asking for.

The fact that women TODAY are getting raped in Europe by "misogynistic A-holes" islamist migrants at UNPRECEDENTED rates vaporizes your "theory"

Again, that is not correct. It has been gone over in many threads. Sweden, especially, counted many crimes as rape that are not the general definition of rape in their crime statistics. I am not saying any of it is good nor do I question why that government or governments changed how they post the data. But even sexual harassment went into the numbers. I posted translated government statistics in a past thread.

What about the 55 NO GO zones that even swedish police won't go into ?
Somehow, women there are better off than before ?
So desperate are you to defend the undefensible that you are throwing sexual assault victims under the bus ?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Don't mention the historical racism of the Democrats, you know since they were and always have been the party of the KKK.

KKK grand dragon endorses Hillary Clinton for president
edit on 26-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join