It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does ATS get paid to splash whole front page with trump threads

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You know they used to have this delicious burger with two cheeses and bacon, have you had it?

On topic - trump receives attention from Facebook, Twitter, news outlets and such. He's all over the place, pro trump messages, anti trump, this thread. In fact you probably just gave him another vote from increasing his popularity.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: jlafleur02

The same amount they got paid for all the Obama threads a few years back.

Nothing.

Next?

They must have made a mint from Ebola.corp a while back, the front page was almost entirely made up of Ebola threads at one point.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I thought threads were started by ATS members.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Let's all agree to just drop using the word "trump" in a thread title unless we are talking about card games, okay?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If I had to guess, I'd say the site owners get paid an extra zero dollars and zero cents when the user-generated and user-rated content results in Trump threads being plastered all over the front page.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It's all part of the same ignorant political cheer leading by the desperate Trump supporters.
ATS has long been leaning further and further to the right-wing, and this is just another manifestation of that.

But, funnily enough, when you ask these people how they feel about his plans to end press freedom, or how they feel about his rejection of the constitution, or how they feel about him ranting support for physical attacks on protestors, they all become a lot less vocal.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

There are just TOO MANY. But ATS isn't making money from it. they might lose people though.

I've noticed a change in the particpation of these threads. Trump threads have become mostly just Trump supporters high fiveing each other and talking crap about everything that Trump supposedly doesn't represent, with few to any dissenting opinions. Thus, it is likely this is either already happening, or, as in my case, posters are toning down their participation on ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
you know what else is nonsense..how illegal immigrants can infiltrate our country and take our jobs.

And why do they get those jobs?
Because you, as a consumer, expect to get a big juicy fat burger for $3, while you also all refuse to work for anything less than $8 an hour.

The problem here is that the American public don't understand the first thing about economics. You all seem to think all that food is magically produced by charities run by mythical faeries or something.

You have a population who refuse to work for minimum wage, and a population who expects to get masses of cheap food for next to nothing. Then you expect all that food to somehow be produced without the workforce to get it to your mouth.

Listen up and pay attention here, this is important... if Trump gets his way and ends immigrant employment in the US, expect to see all your food double in price. You CANNOT have it all. You CANNOT expect to be paying almost nothing for masses of food and then demand that those who work in those industries all be American - a people who refuse to work for that low wage.

So make a choice right now. Do you want affordable food and a more stable consumer economy, or do you want to see unemployment rise across the country, services decline, and the cost of food going up?

originally posted by: SaturnFX
We need a man who can solve these issues, thats why I am voting for Donald Trump. He has got what it takes to Make America Great Again.

Yes, this man who preaches about immigration and American employment, while having his own goods manufactured in CHINA.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Hope you aren't serious about Trump. Hope you are serious about Carl's Jr. though. It's called Hardee's where I live.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
Just wondering. I see the trump stuff all over you front page none of it good, Look at trending topics and you will see threads with more traffic and whatnot. Is it to pay the bills? If so i am good with that but try to be fair and balanced. Not like fox news but actual fair and balanced. And yes, I will vote for trump

Sorry, but I scoff at the OP.

Trump is benefitting from marketing an image of being treated unfairly by the press. So, this 'trend' is just plugging his image.

The Establishment and media are doing all they can to help market Trump's image.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I originally came here to read about ghosts and UFOs and stuff, not read about politics.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Junkheap because: I have smited the evil apostrophe.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
I originally came here to read about ghosts and UFO's and stuff, not read about politics.

There are forums specifically designated to those things. You don't have to read political subject lines.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: reldra

There are just TOO MANY. But ATS isn't making money from it. they might lose people though.

I've noticed a change in the particpation of these threads. Trump threads have become mostly just Trump supporters high fiveing each other and talking crap about everything that Trump supposedly doesn't represent, with few to any dissenting opinions. Thus, it is likely this is either already happening, or, as in my case, posters are toning down their participation on ATS.

I know of several posters who have moved to other sites because ATS has become a mess of political BS.

Many Americans don't get this, but most of the world is looking at the US as an embarrassment right now. The extreme political nonsense being preached all over the Internet is pretty sickening to watch. We can't shut this sh*t off, we have to deal with this bs every day and most are thoroughly f**ked off with it.

It's bizarre seeing some of the utter mind-numbing stupidity of the average Trump voter, cheering him on when he's offered NOT POLICIES at all. All he does is get up on a podium and make a load of people cheer with mindless talk of winning and making America "great again"...

The rest of the world is laughing at you, while wanting to shut out this nonsense. ATS is peaching this nonsense every damn day, so naturally most of us are going to go elsewhere.

Good luck with your political ranters, pretty soon it's all you're gonna have left here.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I originally came here to read about ghosts and UFO's and stuff, not read about politics.

There are forums specifically designated to those things. You don't have to read political subject lines.

If only that were true.
Every thread seems to descend into Trump chaos.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Believe me. I know, but every critical critique you make about Trump or his supporters only seems to feed into his appeal. It's like a black hole of disinformation. All rational thought gets sucked inside and all we are left with is rhetoric and hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If only that were true.
Every thread seems to descend into Trump chaos.

Then notify the mods if a thread goes off-topic to Trump.

(But I think you are exaggerating.)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There are many reasons the election is a hot topic right now - on ATS and elsewhere. Without going into the details that are detailed on the many threads here - "Times they are a-changin'". We are watching history unfold. This election is changing our political environment and may change the future of our country. Discussions educate people and make them think. Debates are good for that as well. It's good to hear all sides of issues.

As for those above who say that people will leave ATS, just because some support Trump - If people do that it is either because they are giving up because they realize they do not have rational arguments against Trump, or they have just not learned how to ignore threads that don't interest them or use the Forums buttons to go to the subjects that do not interest them. For example - I don't even go into the 911 threads because it would just make me angry, and I have nothing to offer there. Let's be adults.

If you have something informative to offer about other candidates - feel free. I guess people have just not had as much to offer on the others. I do enjoy perusing the Sanders threads to educate myself, but have had little to offer there.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ATS content is generated by it's membership.

Threads that stay active, do so because the membership keeps posting in those threads.

If a member is tired of reading Trump threads: don't click on them.

For those that are tired of seeing Trump threads: try creating threads that have nothing to do with Trump.

Also: for those that do not wish to make other threads, but would like to see other subjects, try actually participating in other threads, because again: what keeps a thread on the front page is people actively participating in those threads.

I will beg to differ on how many threads support Trump vs Trump Bashing threads.

I've actually seen more bashing threads than support threads.

Bottom line is simple though: if you're tired of seeing Trump threads then STOP posting in them and create your own discussions on other subjects!

ATS content is membership generated......

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Really there should be only two. I hate Trump / I love Trump.
edit on 3242016 by Sillyolme because: To add a verb to my first sentence

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

every critical critique you make about Trump or his supporters only seems to feed into his appeal

We centipedes need lots of salt for out tarantula feasts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join