It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does ATS get paid to splash whole front page with trump threads

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think we should redistribute all the stars and flags from Trump threads to Sanders threads.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There are many reasons the election is a hot topic right now - on ATS and elsewhere. Without going into the details that are detailed on the many threads here - "Times they are a-changin'". We are watching history unfold. This election is changing our political environment and may change the future of our country. Discussions educate people and make them think. Debates are good for that as well. It's good to hear all sides of issues.

This would have been accurate in 2008 too. America is no longer the boring country where only certain political types, race, and males, can be President.

I would how America will deviate from its staid past, when it comes time to replace Trump, after his 2 terms?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't like political threads. I say that in my capacity as a member of ATS not as senior staff. I just don't like them. I find them repetitive, tedious, unpleasant to read, as far from intellectually stimulating as possible and in many cases just plain stupid. I think that's sad, really, because elections are supposed to be about important choices about the future of a country, but the more you look at it the more it seems that the choices have already been made, long before even the important (?!) voters of Iowa and New Hampshire bloom in their 4 year cycle.

That said, in my capacity as senior staff on ATS it is required of me to understand that when election time rolls around in the USA this is what people want to talk about. Unless a thread violates the T&C it's not going to be trashed or "removed from the front page" or anything of that sort. If it's posted in the right place and it's posted correctly, there it will remain. If members don't like that, that's fine. Don't reply to it and it'll slowly drop down the page. If you're sick of talking about a particular candidate or the process in general, don't click those threads. We're a message board. Click on what interests you. There are ways to customize the recent posts and myats pages to show only the forums you like. Use those as a filter. Maybe wander over to the off-topic section for something a bit lighter.

This happens every 4 years. I've been here a long time, believe me, I've seen the influx of political talk over the course of many American campaign seasons. This is not something new. Trump is a racist! Trump will fix America! (REWIND) Obama is our greatest hope! Obama is a Kenyan Muslim! (REWIND) Bush is a war criminal! Bush saved the country!

ETC ETC ETC.

Like I said, personally it doesn't interest me at all. I'd rather read the phone book. But if it's what people want to talk about and it's within T&C, it'll be here.

If someone wants to stop visiting ATS because they can't navigate to the other portions of the site without having an aneurysm about the political sections I don't think there's anything we can do to stop that. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
NEWS FLASH!

It's ***member generated content***.

(insert eyeroll here)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

An old joke.

Every day the construction workers would get together for lunch. And every day, one guy would complain about the sandwich in his lunch pail.
Every day.

One day, after another long litany of complaints from the guy, one of the other men simply said, "Just ask your wife to make something else!"

And the guy replied, "What wife? I make my own lunch!"

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
I thought threads were started by ATS members.

There are no members on ATS, it's all robots and AI programming to control the masses who do not register.

Don't you learn anythings???

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

There are a lot of political threads, logical given the season. I do, however, miss the "hide topic" option that used to be available. Is there any news on when that might be brought back? Somebody commented that it was being brought back, it would be useful for some.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: SaturnFX
you know what else is nonsense..how illegal immigrants can infiltrate our country and take our jobs.

And why do they get those jobs?
Because you, as a consumer, expect to get a big juicy fat burger for $3, while you also all refuse to work for anything less than $8 an hour.

The problem here is that the American public don't understand the first thing about economics. You all seem to think all that food is magically produced by charities run by mythical faeries or something.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If by mint you mean nothing, then yes, you'd be correct.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: jlafleur02

There are just TOO MANY. But ATS isn't making money from it. they might lose people though.

I've noticed a change in the particpation of these threads. Trump threads have become mostly just Trump supporters high fiveing each other and talking crap about everything that Trump supposedly doesn't represent, with few to any dissenting opinions. Thus, it is likely this is either already happening, or, as in my case, posters are toning down their participation on ATS.

I've noticed that this same pattern form with just about every political, religious and business thread and what exactly is the unexpected part?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

Trump = S+F
Members are responsible for plastering ATS with Trump nonsense not ATS Admin.

If anything it shows what a mess your country is in when a fool with too much money can attempt to buy his way in to the White House spouting nothing but bile and vitriol while offering no real solutions to the problems faced by ordinary Americans....yet ordinary Americans seem willing to respond to his dog whistles and give him what he wants.

I still don't believe Trump will be president but really fear he might.

edit on 2-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Carl's Jr isn't very good. You're better spending your dollar on Five Guys, In and Out, or a local burger place. Five Guys is so worth the money.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He won't become president. He's farther behind than people lead on.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm bored of all the trump stories,, mainly the ones that quote Bible verses.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Nonsense conspiracy. suggesting politicians can somehow infiltrate forums and pay people to give messages.

you know what else is nonsense..how illegal immigrants can infiltrate our country and take our jobs.
We need a man who can solve these issues, thats why I am voting for Donald Trump. He has got what it takes to Make America Great Again.

After writing that, I got kind of hungry
Thats why I am going to Carl's Jr to have one of the many delicious menu offerings.
Carl's Jr.
Eat like you mean it.

"nonsense conspiracy"

As if it would be that hard to pay people to spread your brand on the internet

Oh wait, that's already a highly profitable industry

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre

Nonsense conspiracy. suggesting politicians can somehow infiltrate forums and pay people to give messages.

We need a man who can solve these issues, thats why I am voting for Donald Trump. He has got what it takes to Make America Great Again.

After writing that, I got kind of hungry
Thats why I am going to Carl's Jr to have one of the many delicious menu offerings.
Carl's Jr.
Eat like you mean it.

"nonsense conspiracy"

As if it would be that hard to pay people to spread your brand on the internet

Oh wait, that's already a highly profitable industry

I have a brand?
neat.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
Just wondering. I see the trump stuff all over you front page none of it good, Look at trending topics and you will see threads with more traffic and whatnot. Is it to pay the bills? If so i am good with that but try to be fair and balanced. Not like fox news but actual fair and balanced. And yes, I will vote for trump

I would hazard a guess that it has more to do with the controversial and polarizing nature of Trump than anything else. He almost seem to be a walking conspiracy on his own.

And if you want the endless barrage of Trump threads to stop, then why did you spend the time to make your own?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Since the front page is pushed by flags, its mostly a reflection of the interests of our membership. I once made the front page, about 7 years ago. It was pretty cool.

Even better: all the clicks you get from someone complaining about how much revenue the site may/may not generate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Oh please. I know farms that do without and compete at similar prices, give me a break. illegal immigration hurt the small farmer.
grains and corn would barely be affected, most farms around my area dont use immigrants. Only ones that do are some dairy farmers.

If you are talking about fruits and veggies then you may have a point. But there is a point where if labor cost increase too much the farm corp with invest in capital(farm equipment). that investment in capital will lead to faster innovation gains and after a few years prices will start falling again.

salad and fruit lovers would be the ones hurting the most from it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

He has got what it takes to bring upon the world`s destruction. Trump, Putin, Lil Kim....gonna be one hell of a party!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join