It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gospel of the Holy Twelve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonbet

Paul played a very big roll in the early establishment of the local Churches .Acts 19 is central to the battle field in which Paul found himself .

If the Ephesian church was the launching place for the evangelization of Asia, it is important for several other reasons as well. Let me mention several reasons for the importance of this church. (1) It was here, in Ephesus, that Paul fought the “wild beasts” (1 Cor. 15:32). Since the context of Paul’s words dealt with death and the resurrection from the dead, it would seem that there was very real danger there. He will later tell the Ephesian elders of his difficulties in that city: “You yourselves know, form the first day that I set foot in Asia, how I was with you the whole time, serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials which came upon me through the plots of the Jews” (Acts 20:18b-19). (2) Paul wrote 1 Corinthians from Ephesus (cf. 1 Cor. 16:8). (3) The epistle to the Ephesians was written to the Ephesian church (cf. Ephesians 1:1). (4) The church at Ephesus was one of the “seven churches of Asia” (Revelation 1:4), to which specific words of admonition from the Lord were given (Revelation 1:11; 2:1-7). (5) Timothy (1 Timothy 1:3) was sent there by Paul, and thus 1 Timothy concerns the life and conduct of the church there in Ephesus. Chapter 19 is not the definitive chapter of Acts when it comes to a description of the ministry of Paul at Ephesus. This chapter focuses on three major events: (1) the meeting of the “12 disciples” and their coming to faith in Jesus as the Messiah, receiving baptism as an evidence of their faith, and being baptized by the Spirit as an evidence of God’s reception of them into His church (verses 1-7). (2) The ministry of Paul in the synagogue and then the school of Tyrannus (verses 8-20). (3) The uprising in Ephesus, as a result of the opposition of Demetrius (verses 23-41). A great deal of information concerning the ministry of Paul at Ephesus will be supplied in chapter 20, when Paul calls for the Ephesian elders and gives them his parting words of instruction and admonition, based upon the fact that he will not see them again.
bible.org... In that city alone ,Paul broke the Idol trade that flourished .

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

There is no doubt he was an influential man. I just personally don't find him believable.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Since you mentioned Ephesus you should check out what Jesus has to say about those who call themselves Apostles and are not in his message to Ephesus and how he congratulated them for calling them liars.

And how Paul mentions in Timothy how "all of Asia has turned away from me"

Ephesus is in Asia.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

that is his MO and he claims to have the Holy Spirit.

You do notice he is banned already.

But don't worry he will be back soon under another user account he either made earlier or a whole new one.

Oh it is a new one JonBet is his new name
edit on 24-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Why are you so obsessed with this person? It is borderline psychopathic how miserably obsessed you are and you are the reason I joined, just to address your ignorant comments about the Kingdom being for Jews.

I made a thread to address your erroneous interpretation. You should check it out, see how many people agree with you about seperate Gospels.

Not one yet

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Jesus, during his earthly ministry, Established his doctrines for the Gospel of the Kingdom for Israel and he does not mention Balaam even once. Only to John, as god on the thrown does he mention it and it too is tied to Israel and their being influenced by the error that Balaam instructed Israels enemy to infiltrate them with their women and their gods.

Num 25:1 ¶ And Israel abode in #tim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
2 And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
3 And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.
4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.
5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.
Nu 31:16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

the Doctrine of Balaam is them bowing down to Idols and intermingling sexually with the people of Moab. It says that in the last days they will do this again to Israel.

the last mention of Balaam is in Micah and the next mentioned in 2 Peter. No mention by Jesus during his earthly ministry and no mention by Paul. Don't be deceived Paul did not advocate the doctrine of Balaam.

You will notice this deceiver who wrote the OP is once again banned. now he returns as Jonbet

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

you will be found out again and get band again.

Just go away already

we know you by your words you are blight and spot upon true Christianity you are what Jude warned Israel about

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You are so wrong it is hilarious. You are my morning laugh. Everything you said is so far from reality that you should be embarrassed. Two Gospels. Yeah right. Go check out the thread I made addressing your complete incomprehension of scripture. Don't worry, I didn't use your name. I'm not that mean.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I don't care about Balaam at all. I don't know why you think I do.

All I care about is you thinking that Christian Jews have a different Gospel than Gentiles, which I have already scripturally refuted.

I know what type of person believes such a wrong interpretation, I know who you are without knowing. Nobody who knows the Gospel believes what you believe, Including Messianic Jews.

One Gospel, one Kingdom.

There is no distinction between Jew and Gentile. Paul said so himself. As did Jesus. One flock, ONE shepherd.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

you are revealed by your own words to not be forthcoming, here is your reply

I don't propose to know the op's thoughts, but I can see how Paul was teaching exactly what Jesus was condemning as the doctrine of Balaam.

That is not something someone who was a conduit for Jesus would be teaching.

But God's plan is mysterious. I confess to a little bit of a hatred for the RCC due to its oppression and war mongering past. Things like the crusades and the Inquisition are hard to swallow.

I just feel safer not taking Paul for anything other than a tool for some mystery of God, one that I want no part of. He could be interpreted legitimately as either a false prophet or the Apostle to the Gentiles, depending on your interpretation of scripture.

I think that teaching that doctrine of Balaam mentioned by Jesus is perfectly legitimate a reason to reject Paul.

But if you don't I don't blame you or think you're wrong , possibly just the recipient of a different lesson.

Either way, interesting feedback.

you mention him here in your reply yet you say, you don't care for him at all. confusion is not of God yet you are.

The earthly Kingdom is a promise to Israel under King David, and he is a typology of Christ. the Kingdom of God is within those who are true believers and Paul speaks of it as well in agreement with Christ in the Kingdom of God.

You need to read your bible more so you know these things are true. But hey, you have the holy spirit, the vehicle of inspiration to holy men of god, so you should know all this.

But seeing you don't I doubt you are what you claim to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I was commenting off of a previous comment. Nice try, I didn't bring up Balaam, Someone else did, and I still don't care about Balaam. It's called a thread, in threads other people comment of other people's comments. I wasn't talking to you and you are still a miserable negative and confused individual with absolutely no idea what Christianity is about. You have invented a pseudo religion bases off the non existent gospel for the gentiles and you are the only person who believes that Jesus had two Gospels, one for Jews and one specially designed for you.

Lololmmfao

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

but you care for him to use it against Paul but you don't even understand the err of Balaam had nothing to do with taking collections at churches.

It had to do with giving advice to destroy God's people Israel, and prophesying (speaking for God) for money. I served for 15 years as a missionary, planted a church still going today and not once took money from anyone of them. I lived by faith and those who chose to support us with money I was always thankful to God for it.

But I can't expect truth to come from such a deceiver as you, Gnosisisfaith/Mazini/JonBet

(post by Jonbet removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Text And the gospel of Thomas is from a few generations removed from that time . It is a Gnostic gospel and is not collaborated by others reporting on what Jesus said .We need or should need two or more witnesses .Thomas fails in that respect .

I believe the confirmation you want does not exist. You realize that all sources are nothing but other people's opinions and even if you had a contemporary source it would be the same result. There is nothing existing to our knowledge that would satisfy you in regards to the first century synagogue that was ordained to Jacob (James) the brother of Jesus.

The earliest source is the "Lost Sayings Of Gospel Q" which is dated by some as 40-80 CE. ! Thessalonians is dated by some as 50 -60 CE and is the oldest of all accepted NT era literature. From that point to well beyond the middle third century you have nothing earlier than the accepted Gospel Of Thomas. The Gospel of Thomas is dated about ten years later than the earliest Gospel Q and is nothing but literature that is rated by the Roman Catholic Church. So when you say that you need confirmation what you are suggesting is that you want contemporary confirmation and that does not exist even in the Roman World of religion.

In effect you would reject the work of Enoch one which was encased with other dead sea scrolls were it not found otherwise and yet that literature is also not accepted by the Roman Theologians. So I believe you may have a problem in determining what is valid with James (Jacob) who was the first Nasi of the Nazarene Jerusalem synagogue.

As the blood-brother of Jesus, for thirty two years (30 -62 CE), James the Just was the living legacy of his brother, the Jewish Messiah who was exalted by his resurrection and now recognized as “sitting on the right hand of God”. As a Jewish Tzaddik or Righteous one, Jacob’s fame spread throughout all Judea for his purity before the Law, his wisdom in judgment, and his undying love and care for the people of his nation. He was a man of the nation, a man of the people, and a true servant of God. As the Nazarenes watched their leader being clubbed to death by the allies of the high priest, Ananus whose father, Ananus, the high priest emeritus, was most responsible with his son-in-law Caiphas the high priest for the death of Jesus, it was in their grief as if they were witnessing again the death of their Messiah. According to Hegesippus, they buried him on the spot where his memorial stone still remains, close to the temple.” (Schonfield, Hugh Joseph, The Pentecost Revolution, The Story of the Jesus Party in Israel, AD 36-66, Macdonald and Janes’s, St. Giles, 49/50 Poland Street, London, W.I., 1974, p238 ).
Unquote

Eusebius – “At Antioch, where Evodius had been the first bishop, Ignatius was becoming famous at this time as the second. Similarly, Symeon was second after the brother of our Savior to have charge of the church in Jerusalem.” (Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History. 4.22.0)
Unquote

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join