It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Craving for Cheese toasties... What was your last craving?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
a reply to: nonspecific

If it means I get the bed to myself for a couple of hours, and all the duvet to myself. I will have some of those chips please!!

Ask him to chuck in a cheese toastie too.

I think my work here is done

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I salute you!!

I owe you one.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Lobster mac and cheese. Cant beat that taste.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Is that sort of like a grilled cheese sandwich? We stock cheese for that and omlets in the freezer, buying it by the three pound or five pound pkgs then taking it out when we need it. We also freeze butter and make our own bread.

Rats, now I got to go make one, haven't eaten lunch or breakfast yet.

Damn you.

Oh oh, I put the ham emoticon on, now I have to take some shaved ham out of the freezer too.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
THrow us a bone across the pond....what is a toastie?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't really know what an American grilled cheese sandwich but I think that is the equivalent.

Although now I am having a dilemma (first world problem alert!) Of what toasty maker to buy...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Buying a toastie maker is what threw me off. I envisioned one of those electric, countertop sandwich presses that makes sandwich pockets.

We call a "toastie" a grilled cheese. If you put tuna on it, its called a Tuna Melt. Both are favorites of mine.

My favorite grilled cheese is really rather simple:

2 slices of texas toast (thick sliced bread) slathered with bacon grease
1 slice of colby, 1 slice of oaxaca (mozzarella if you don't get mexican cheeses), and 1 slice of muenster
a few shakes off some tabasco sauce onto the middle layer of cheese
optional: a bit of meat, like bacon or pastrami

grill in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden like the sun.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I am in Argos about to collect my cheese toasties maker bit it also makes waffles and has a grill plate.

I can't believe NS let me, before he has always said 'no' he must be in good mood. He hates stuff on the side of the kitchen.

Toasties T minus 90 minutes.

Whoop whoop!!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
David Beckham used to get pie and mash send from London to America.. The guy is a bit of a tit.. But have to respect him for that..

Traditional London pie, mash and liquer is awesome.. I would fly that to America too..

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I am in Argos about to collect my cheese toasties maker bit it also makes waffles and has a grill plate.

I can't believe NS let me, before he has always said 'no' he must be in good mood. He hates stuff on the side of the kitchen.

Whoop whoop!!

It is a toastie maker and there is a certain convention with the toastie.

You eat them all but constantly for about 3 days and then everyone grows sick of them and the toastie maker goes into a cupboard.

Then about 3 months later someone gets the urge for a cheese toastie and the toastie maker is dragged out of the back of a cupboard, dusted off, cleaned up and then 3 days more of toasties.

Then the cycle is repeated.

There is no need for cluttering up work surfaces with every god damn gadget, thingy and bottle of interesting olive oil with something in and a fancy label.

Kitchens are a workplace not a show piece and you need the space to work unhindered, pasta gets long quick and no one wants to try and make it whilst navigating around a load of crap.

Rant over.

edit on 23/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
David Beckham used to get pie and mash send from London to America.. The guy is a bit of a tit.. But have to respect him for that..

Traditional London pie, mash and liquer is awesome.. I would fly that to America too..

I would fly to England, eat it and then fly home.

It's not like he has a busy schedule is it?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I sense much more Sharknado in your future dude.

jacy

edit on 23-3-2016 by jacygirl because: REGARDING your rant I mean, lol

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Whoop whoop!!

Talking of argos.. I bought a rice cooker there the other day for £12.. Honestly one of the best investments I have ever made. This little thing is fantastic..

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I would fly to England, eat it and then fly home.

It's not like he has a busy schedule is it?

He is too busy looking in the mirror and counting his wife's shoes.. Lol..
It was the pie and mash shop near tower bridge.. Lovely food.
Am gutted though my local one in shepherds Bush which has been there over 100 years has now closed down.. Due too.. You guessed it building flats..

Rip Cooke's pie and mash..

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Whoop whoop!!

Talking of argos.. I bought a rice cooker there the other day for £12.. Honestly one of the best investments I have ever made. This little thing is fantastic..

Gotta love Argos, Mrsnonspecific said before leaving "do I look a little bit(insert crappy area of your town)?"

I said your going to Argos dear, you look like your going to Argos...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oooh, I dunno about beans, but I wouldn't be averse to dumping a tin of spaghetti on top. Sounds both messy and delicious. I could even get her to mix your hedgehog's peas into ma' mash. Good call!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Oooh, I dunno about beans, but I wouldn't be averse to dumping a tin of spaghetti on top. Sounds both messy and delicious. I could even get her to mix your hedgehog's peas into ma' mash. Good call!

You Sir are what I would refer to as one sick puppy.

Anyone eating tinned spaghetti over the age of 6 should be tested for all manner of medical issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Is tinned spaghetti particularly bad for you then? If so, that sucks, because I love the stuff. But, if I'm honest, I eat rubbish 90% of the time. I have some freaky eating habits. Spaghetti's probably the least of my worries. I should be like 50 stone by now.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is going to sound terrible, and I realize I'm probably going to hell for it...but I keep seeing the word "Brussels" all over the web and all I can think of is sprouts. In fact, it's starting to drive me insane.

Lovely, green, crispy and mushy sprouts hot out of the oven with lemon squeezed over them...mmmmm....

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
This is going to sound terrible, and I realize I'm probably going to hell for it...but I keep seeing the word "Brussels" all over the web and all I can think of is sprouts. In fact, it's starting to drive me insane.

Lovely, green, crispy and mushy sprouts hot out of the oven with lemon squeezed over them...mmmmm....

Don't forget the crispy bacon and chestnuts if your going to go to hell.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join