It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Craving for Cheese toasties... What was your last craving?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hello ATS Foodies,

I am working from home today, and I think being at home has affected my eating for today, and for some unknown reason I have a sudden craving for cheese toasties. I am now waiting for my friend to move her car off my drive in order to get pretty much everything you need for cheese toasties

1. A cheese toastie maker
2.Cheese
3. Thick white bread or in our house 'Wrong Bread'
4. Tin of tuna
5. A tomato

How far have you gone to satisfy a craving? I am pretty much buying everything to satisfy this one.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Yesterday, I couldn't make a pot of coffee quickly enough. I HAD to have it!
My hands were literally shaking while I attempted to put the filter and coffee in the basket.
As far as food, sometimes a craving hits me for raw broccoli with dip. The dip is just a container of sour cream and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning mix. It is much better the longer the dip sits and marries but, I can never wait!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You really seem to be about to miss out on one of the best toasties you can make.

Mix cheese, onion and baked beans. Use one of those makers that crimps the sides so all the filling is in a pocket.

They are amazing.

I hope you have a wonderful toasties experience later on!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I will have all of those tonight! I earmark your flavour as one of the rounds. I will let you know feedback!

It sounds toastie tasty!!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

I need a big bowl of creamed spinach. NEED it. I'd take it over a Ribeye steak right now. Wait. No. Alongside a ribeye steak. In 5 hours and 10 minutes I'll be lighting the grill. Texting a request to my wife for the creamed spinach to be prepped for the steak-to-be.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
For dinner the other night, I made IHOP's New York Cheesecake pancakes..... with strawberry topping and everything. They were SO good! Lunch today was Quesadilla Rellenas from my local Mexican restaurant, not exact, but pretty close. When I get cravings for takeout, I try to copy cat it. I get more enjoyment from making it myself, plus it's usually a lot cheaper (and I don't have to wrangle the kids while out).

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
No joke cheese toasties yesterday

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Me and NS had mixed grill kebab on Monday night and it lasted us all yesterday as well so that is 6 meals for £16 which for a whole lot of meat is not bad.

When we want take out it truly is a guilty moment. We only have to look at each other and I am reaching for the Just Eat App.

And one we also don't indulge in too often as it can get expensive especially for chinese.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What fillings did you have?

We are already trying out one suggestion as I have the stuff in the house.

Weren't we spookily connected on the same wave length on another thread? You are freaking me out! Do you live in my shed?

edit on 23/3/2016 by MrsNonSpecific because: cos

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Sudden Craving for Cheese toasties... What was your last craving?

The blood of my enemies and the broken bodies of those who oppose me.

...and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

I made the cookies (I think I added too many chocolate chips..a bit too sweet)

still working on the first part.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cheesy mash! I text the missus and it was ready when I got home from work, with 10 sausages stuck in it. Lovely!

It's the little things...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Next time add Baked beans!

If it was plain mash, but with gravy and peas with sausages sticking out of it we would call it 'Hedgehog'

I love cheesy mash, tuna and beans. Pure comfort food!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Last week I discovered I can eat microwaveable chips with no discernible ill effects. Twice now I've had them for breakfast because I just couldn't help myself.

Hopped out of bed, made a cup of tea and heated up the chips, then hopped back to bed for a feast. How indulgent

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Last week I discovered I can eat microwaveable chips with no discernible ill effects. Twice now I've had them for breakfast because I just couldn't help myself.

Hopped out of bed, made a cup of tea and heated up the chips, then hopped back to bed for a feast. How indulgent

I am not sure if my respect for your opinion has gone up or down knowing this.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's gone up. And will go up even further if you give it a go.

Crumbs, you've even got someone you can kick out of bed to prepare them for you.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Jog On!!

He can take a long leap off a short plank!

Vice versa if anything
hehehe

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

It's gone up. And will go up even further if you give it a go.

Crumbs, you've even got someone you can kick out of bed to prepare them for you.

I think you may have drastically misunderstood the nature of our relationship.

I had a microwave hot dog once. It was a truly awful experience.

Chips need to be triple fried and seasoned with sea salt soaked in malt vinegar and dried out again.

Not the kind of thing you want to get kicked out of bed to rustle up.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If it means I get the bed to myself for a couple of hours, and all the duvet to myself. I will have some of those chips please!!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Tomorrow we're dropping the kids off at my MIL's for the long weekend, so date night! I don't care where we eat, as long as there is a fabulous creme brûlée and excellent coffee for afters.

Just finished working in the garden, so an iced tea or lemon is in order at the moment. Might even drive into town for a cherry limade at Sonic.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hubby and I were just talking about this last night. We made our first steaks on the grill for the season, and I always cook cut up potatoes and cook them in foil, with some different seasonings. Well, it was mostly black pepper this time. I have been craving it for a week now, and have been putting it on EVERYTHING.

Not sure why, but when I have these cravings, I just go with it. They turned out so good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join