It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Eddie Izzard Today Completed 27 marathons in 27 days Challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
27 marathons in 27 days , I couldn't complete 1 marathon in 27 days but Eddie Izzard today finished his mammoth challenge and in doing so raised over £1m for charity.

Eddie ran 707-miles across South Africa in temperatures in excess of 40 degrees C. battling dehydration, heat exhaustion and sunstroke along the way , the task was made even harder as he was forced by doctors to take a rest day on the 5th day of his challenge meaning he had to run the distance of 2 marathons today, not bad for a 54 year old !

What a fantastic achievement , words cannot express the respect I have for this man.

edit on 20-3-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I am a big fan of his but I could have sworn that he did this a few years ago now?

Am I mistaken or did he just announce it and then take a long time to train?

Either way I walked 26 miles once and stopped about 4 times and that nearly killed me never mind running it every day for nearly a month.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes , he ran 43 marathons in 51 days back in 09 from London to Cardiff , Belfast ,Edinburgh and then back to London again raising money for Sport Relief.
Makes me breathless just thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

just amazing, what a toll that must take on your joints though! wow!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes , he ran 43 marathons in 51 days back in 09 from London to Cardiff , Belfast ,Edinburgh and then back to London again raising money for Sport Relief.
Makes me breathless just thinking about it.

Thank goodness for that, thought I might have had to pop back to that Mandela effect thread for a moment.

For those less aware of his other achievements....

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What a fantastic achievement , words cannot express the respect I have for this man.

For sure, what an amazing feat. I needed a hit of that this morning.

Thanks for sharing it, gortex.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He really is an inspiration and not too many of those about these days, but he really is a great a ambassador for the sports relief charity. I'd love to be able to just run one marathon I'm my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
He really is an inspiration and not too many of those about these days, but he really is a great a ambassador for the sports relief charity. I'd love to be able to just run one marathon I'm my lifetime.

I do not think I would be able to watch a marathon, never mind actually run one.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I haven't actually run for over 2 years

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I've walked 65 km(40 miles) in ten hours and my feet were utterly ruined.

What Eddie did was insane.Well done.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Wow. That is amazing. Good for him!
I thought that he died a few years ago. It's good to know I was wrong about that.

new topics

top topics

join