It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prayer for America in the middle of the Political storm of a Perverted Election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

You did not answer my question, who are you voting for?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

"If you don't believe in god you're mentally ill and need help!"

Oh, but don't you know, THAT Christian attitude is rare, and to call it out reflects our bitterness and hate for god! We need to just "Let it go" and "Get over it", according to recent Christian advice in related threads.

I'm sure god is just as involved in American politics as he is in American football!

edit on 20-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have already answered your question, but if you have not yet noticed that let me quote who long time ago said Render on to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and on to God the ones that are God's.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 3/20/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
I have already answered your question...

No, you did not. You did not state any candidates name.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm sure god is just as involved in American politics as he is in American football!

That would explain a lot.

Still, I'm voting for god and never for the guy who says he talks to him.
Who is president of the white house is as important to me as who is president of FIFA.

People need laws to function in society. Legalism in the USA have gotten quite absurd and therefore the OP's proposition to turn to better ways to function as a society seems sensible to me.

When is the last time the Amish had a carceral problem, an economics problem, a drug problem, or a "transgender bathroom" problem or what ever this election's slight difference in broadcast candidates may be?
No Amish public servant would consider reading the correspondence of others or anything of the sort.
Same goes for all god based systems of public life.
I've read on this website recently that "the Amish beat up puppies". Wow, really? Pretty desperate jab

The more people take care of their own social circles, the less power the professional liars will wield, simple as that.

When your village or city block isn't reading the newspapers, it's not important whether strangers think their opinions are laws.
When your local law enforcement officers know civil forfeiture is theft and refuse to participate in theft, murder, adultery & all, it doesn't matter whether suits tell them civil forfeiture is legal or protesters are terrorists.

Surely the awe inspired by a creator surpasses that inspired by the mail thieves, which is why after teaching that they were themselves divine as did the governments of old, they now teach that there's nothing divine at all.

And when invaders come to steal, kill, or capture people from my social circles it really doesn't matter a whole lot who wrote the memo, or whether Clinton or Trump are right on which specific nations we should attack in the name of defence.

Democracy means people decide whether or not to do things.
Including and not limited to whether or not to obey some blood thirsty mail thieves with a history of lying.
Even when given a choice between two different ones

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Still, I'm voting for god and never for the guy who says he talks to him.

Which candidate would fall under that auspice?

When is the last time the Amish had a carceral problem, an economics problem, a drug problem.........

Probably yesterday.

edit on 20-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Which candidate would fall under that auspice?

Many do, I'm sure you remember Bush II saying god spoke to him.

Probably yesterday.

Probably not nearly as often as secular society is my point.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

America is suffering a grave moral illness that only God can heals, we must humbly recognize this is one of the darkest moments of our modern history.

Do you really see this current political race as one of the "darkest moments" in modern American history?

As a non-American, I would suggest there are several other "moments" in the last 100 years that are far darker. But that equally applies to any country, not just america.

And you say only God can heal this moral illness? Which is that? And who is deeming which morals are ill? Arguably, many of the "morals" God teaches in the bible are quite sick if not downright evil.

I certainly wouldn't want that God "healing" America's (or anyone else's) morals.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Many do, I'm sure you remember Bush II saying god spoke to him.

I'll rephrase my question. How does one go about "voting for God" in American politics? What candidate would fall under that auspice?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I have already told this in other of my threads , what America needs urgently right now is another JFK, Jimmy Carter, Nelson Rockefeller or Gerald Ford, the great dilemma is where is him or her?

I know Herbert Hoover or John Q. Adams are so much back in to History, but is very clear that what America is lacking is the Center in politics that have disappeared under the pressure of the extreme left and right wings.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Pinocchio Votes "Hillary!"

Why.... ???

Because Gods Are Many! Now... We Add Just One More Piss Him/Them Off Moment With Woman Calling The Shots!

If This Country Is Going To The Crapper.... I Want To Be There With My First Lady.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I have already told this in other of my threads , what America needs urgently right now is another JFK, Jimmy Carter, Nelson Rockefeller or Gerald Ford, the great dilemma is where is him or her?

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

Jimmy Carter,are you serious? He was one of the worst presidents we have had.Our current president has
taken over that spot as the worst.Rockefeller,a global elitist?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Show me who created the dark legend about Carter administration and we will have somebody that built like no body else the giant public deficit that has forced America to be the nation with highest debt of History, as well as who is responsible of our addiction to gas and useless wars.

By the way the great recession and the worst terrorist attack in America happened decades after Carter was in the White house, so you are absolutely lost judging who could be the worst one.

It is a tragedy that people with great vision of country with balance in between private and public sectors like Rockefeller couldn't be President when mediocre entertainers has taken too much of our attention for years.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Considering none of them are running, who are you voting for?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I'll rephrase my question. How does one go about "voting for God" in American politics? What candidate would fall under that auspice?

Quite simply by applying religious principles to one's conduct in place of delegating legal authority to strangers.
Candidates do not fall under that auspice: tenants of the white house have little impact on the American lives who do not seek leadership in strangers or delegate their legal authority.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Considering none of them are running, who are you voting for?

I've also been waiting for an answer to your question.
I've deduced from the quote below that he is not voting for: Trump or Clinton.

Some of the candidates, the most voted in the primaries are really only looking in this race for the white house for their interests ,

My best guess would be: Ted Cruz... Hopefully the OP can tell us if this is their more moral candidate?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Give me a candidate that thinks all the time in the country above partisan divisions, somebody strong and firm enough to determine when is better to talk and negotiate instead to argue, like Dwight Eisenhower, and I will you say we have found again the path we lost decades ago.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

So simple because nobody has yet found a conclusive proof that God doesn't exist, so in
absence of it you only have a blind personal conviction that he is just a thought.

If you don't care about the proof on God of Thomas Aquinas, at least show a minimum of intellectual respect for the so many great scientists that endorsed his existence like Newton, Davinci, Pascal, Galileo, Kepler, Pythagoras, Archimedes, Mendel, Descartes, etc.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

Those scientists only invoked some God as a result of their inability to answer all questions. Newton's problem was that his calculus couldn't handle a three body problem. Runge–Kutta integration solves that problem so some god is no longer needed. Pascal actually detested religion and said, "“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” Kepler's belief in god led him to teach that, " there are inhabitants not only on the moon but on Jupiter too." Some intelligent divine help there. Descartes engaged in naked ontology. When someone is too ignorant to understand a principle, God is invoked as a fallback position. So rather than offer a mumble of supplication to the invention of a bunch of Stone Age illiterate goat herders, I think I'll look for some other solution.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The god as depicted in the bible is a loathsome figure. And us certainly no moral compass.

Give me Joe Pesci any day over your ego driven, jealous teenage temperament god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join