It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Have You, Personally, Ever Been Persecuted or Oppressed by a Christian?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't have to have been personally "persecuted" by a Christian to know that I despise their very existence & pity their susceptibility to long term conditioning.
This threads premise is a pathetic strawman, & as a big scary strawman, I am offended.
edit on 19-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK
a reply to: NthOther

You obviously just want to fight, and belittle the people on this forum. Let me inform you of what it means to be "oppressed"

Definition of oppression
a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power
b : something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power
: a sense of being weighed down in body or mind : depression

Sounds to me like many people here sharing their experiences with you were oppressed by Christians, and you are to blinded by your faith to even attempt to see it. Here is another one.

Definition of persecution
: the act or practice of persecuting especially those who differ in origin, religion, or social outlook
: the condition of being persecuted, harassed, or annoyed

Again, you asked for people's stories, with the intention of shooting them down. You are "literally" oppressing the people on this thread, AND that was your sole intention when creating it.

And in case you need some more definition, here is my sourse www.merriam-webster.com...

Quoting for truth & in case anyone missed it.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman
This threads premise is a pathetic strawman, & as a big scary strawman, I am offended. So there's my example of Christians offending me personally.

Offending people usually happens when you speak the truth but being offended doesn't necessarily make you right.

“Hypocrites get offended by the truth.” ~ Jess C. Scott

“Why is it that anyone thinks they’re entitled to go through life without ever being offended?” ~ Randy Cassingham

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

This threads premise is a pathetic strawman, & as a big scary strawman, I am offended. So there's my example of Christians offending me personally.

Offending people usually happens when you speak the truth but being offended doesn't necessarily make you right.

First of all, that was redundant.

Second of all.... wow. Offending someone indicates that what you say is the truth?
Again...wow.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I live in the bible belt and have never been forced to do anything that required forced conversion or forced Christian values.

Now I have been called an idiot for challenging atheists about the possibility of a higher power. I've been yelled at by hippies for challenging them and been called a bigot for asking questions and questionings people I call SJWs.

I said goddam@ around a preacher I worked with and he got quite upset with me and I respect him enough not to say it again.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

None of these examples violate your rights or make you oppressed and are mostly personal opinions and some are actually biased views of Christians.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

...wow.

Considering the fact that you despise & pity those who know and love the truth...

Wow right back atcha...

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Religion on the whole is the source of most of the dumb sh#t around the world.
Tribalism is oppression by it's very nature and allows the indoctrinated to persecute on flimsy grounds of absolute truths. There's no objective way of testing these so called truths.. no process, just what people are brainwashed to believe at any given point in time and place.

The only absolute truth we have is that people make stuff up and then write it down, this is why we demand objective evidence.
If you can't show it, you don't know it!
edit on fSaturday164633f464303 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh I definitely believe in not favoring religion. Laws that dictate how we live based on religious morals should be illegal, even though there's no true legislation against making such laws, I think their should be.

I think any plaque would be fine with me so long as it doesn't have any "anti" statements.

Like no hatred, prejudice and such. Christian beliefs on gays shouldn't be posted, but neither should anything be posted that is intentionally meant to be against Christians either. I do think morality very much belongs in a court house, but no one should decide where that morality comes from.

The church of Satan is actually one of the more moral and responsible in its lessons or whatever you call them. So I believe quotes, lessons, philosophy on morality from Anton lavey has just as much a place as ghandi, has just as much a place as the Pope.

Though I'm sure Christians might have a problem with this, I don't care. Let freedom reign.
edit on 19-3-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

None of these examples violate your rights or make you oppressed and are mostly personal opinions and some are actually biased views of Christians.

I disagree, but that wasn't really the point of the post, which was obviously missed. No problem. I knew where this thread was going from the beginning. Mental masturbation.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

One persons masturbation is another's castration. I almost envy the religious. Almost.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Persecuted by Christians? Apart from the slaps and beatings from priests at school, none that I can remember.

My mother's father, however, was killed by them.

My father's father was badly beaten and spent a year in prison without trial.

Both of them were victims of a dictatorship working hand in glove with the Catholic church.

There was a lot of it around at the time. Catholic priests gave the eucharist to German soldiers on the Eastern Front. Polish Catholics ran the death camps.

The Catholic church is a lot better now but Christian violence still goes on in the developing world. West Africa springs to mind.

So here I am, working eight days a month for a Christian organisation, one that helps the victims of that same syncretism.

Things aren't as black and white as the TPTB want us to think they are.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I live in the bible belt and have never been forced to do anything that required forced conversion or forced Christian values.

Funny that. I know atheists in public positions in the mid-West and South of the US who can't say what they think because they would lose their jobs.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Was out with the girlfriend and her kids on Oxford Street when a guy with a megaphone decided to call her a whore and tell her she was going to hell and burn for being a sinner. I'm not sure what brought him to that conclusion but I told her to take the kids into one of the shops, then we had an interesting but brief conversation.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: JohnFisher

there are still many church congregations in this country that don't interpret those passages the way you wish to portray them here, along with centuries of history that seems to indicate the way you wish to portray them here is rather a new concept. and, I hate to say this but I think this new concept seems to have been opposed by the churches rather than the churches leading the charge.

It's not really a new concept. Even the scriptures warn against teachers, preachers, and congregations that take the screwball route. That's why it's referred to as a narrow path. These so-called "new" concepts are opposed by many of the ones not on that narrow path. I'm just saying. People love to hate, but they don't love to understand.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Religion and Christianity are opposites, they are enemies.

Religion has ALWAYS been opposed to God and His word...

What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion
I mean if religion is so great, why has it started so many wars
Why does it build huge churches, but fails to feed the poor
Tells single moms God doesn't love them if they've ever had a divorce
But in the Old Testament, God actually calls religious people whores

They can't fix their problems, and so they just mask it
Not realizing religions like spraying perfume on a casket
See the problem with religion, is it never gets to the core
It's just behavior modification, like a long list of chores

How Jesus and religion are on opposite spectrums
See one's the work of God, but one's a man made invention
See one is the cure, but the other's the infection
See because religion says do, Jesus says done

Religion says slave, Jesus says son
Religion puts you in bondage, while Jesus sets you free
Religion makes you blind, but Jesus makes you see
And that's why religion and Jesus are two different clans

www.youtube.com...

After The Roman Catholic church got underway, they immediately started killing Bible believing Christians with the Inquisition. Christians were and still ARE considered an enemy to Romes pagan beliefs
www.youtube.com...

"What follows is a link that is not for people easily disturbed. It is a description of what took place on June 29, 1963. We provide it to you here so you know what kind of evil the SSPX has been "dialoguing" with over the last several years--the full force of the Devil himself."

Satan "Enthroned" in the Vatican

Archbishop Milingo, who works inside the Vatican, as the Special Delegate to The Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Immigrants and Itinerants, is uniquely qualified to speak on the issue of satanism. Besides his responsibilities in the Vatican, the Archbishop is a world renowned veteran exorcist.

"Archbishop Milingo is a good Bishop and his contention that there are satanists in Rome is completely correct. Anybody who is acquainted with the state of affairs in the Vatican in the last 35 years is well aware that the prince of darkness has had and still has his surrogates in the court of St. Peter in Rome."

Satanism Is Practiced in Vatican

Former vatican insider Malachi Martin's asserted that a "Satanic Enthronement ceremony" took place in the Vatican in 1963. The result of this ritual meant the Vatican manifested what clerics referred to as the 'Superforce." Martin had first made reference to a diabolic rite held in Rome in his 1990 non-fiction best-seller about geopolitics and the Vatican, The Keys of This Blood, p 632 where he wrote:

"Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and in certain bishops' chancelleries. It was what knowledgeable Churchmen called the 'superforce.' Rumors, always difficult to verify, tied its installation to the beginning of Pope Paul VI's reign in 1963. Indeed Paul had alluded somberly to 'the smoke of Satan, which has entered the Sanctuary'... an oblique reference to an enthronement ceremony by Satanists in the Vatican.

Malachi said this book was 85% based in reality. Fr. Malachi Martin said more members of the clergy are becoming aware of the situation. An archbishop also accused high members of the hierarchy in Rome of practicing Satanism. The Italian newspaper Il Tempo and other major daily papers reported this stunning news." "According to The New American, Martin confirmed that the ceremony did indeed occur as he had described."

Malachi Martin -- Satan Enthroned in Vatican?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Religion and Christianity are opposites, they are enemies. Religion has ALWAYS been opposed to God and His word...

Regardless, we're talking about the abusive behavior of the faithful, in the name of their god.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This sums up my thoughts(warning contains profanity and is crude)

edit on 19-3-2016 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
this thread makes me laugh sooo hard i guess i dont really have a "story" as you call it but im just going to leave an unsourced ( because i dont care to put the work into something so pointless since youll dismiss/deny it anyway) tid-bit of info the christian god has murdered more people than all the wars in human history combined, even hitler didnt hold a candle to "gods" killing spree. logically that would make god more evil than hitler
chew on that..sounds to me like the christian god (the big cheese himself) has been persecuting and oppressing all of humanity...worship me and no other god or else you will burrnnn in a lake of fire with worms and gnashing teeth and bla bla bla. dont do butt stuff or i will kill your entire cities with asteroids rahhhhh. so if god created man and i am man than my story of persecution and oppresion is when "god" murdered hundreds if not thousands of my ancestors.....he made it personal

edit on 19-3-2016 by Rabb420 because: christianity???

edit on 19-3-2016 by Rabb420 because: i suck at late night spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Regardless, we're talking about the abusive behavior of the faithful, in the name of their god.

Incorrect...

Some of us are discussing a counterfeit, some of us are not.

And as far as the abusive behavior of the faithful goes...

If that's not an oxymoron, I don't know what is.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join