It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Have You, Personally, Ever Been Persecuted or Oppressed by a Christian?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

i think Christians are better at targeting children rather than adults.

im sure most kids have been told they will go to hell if they dont play by the rules

to me that's enough. Religion is a Santa Claus story for adults, be naughty get coal or hell. Be good get heaven and gifts.

Now, to clarify what I mean by “persecution” and “oppression”, I’ll phrase my original question in several different ways:

knowing that you have to re-phrase it a handful of times perfectly sits with religion perfectly. northing definite ever.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Were you, personally, raped by a Catholic priest?

i have not been to the moon personally, but know it happens.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

that's what I don't get...
they target kids, vacation bible school, children's clubs, holiday parties, ect, and go around the neighborhoods inviting the kids, and once they get the kids on board, they go and talk to the moms... and well, let's say they get them all in the church. but then, well, dad decides to step in and protest mom not being their to make the sunday breakfast or whatever it is he wants her to do on his day of rest.... and well, then it's, well, if her husband doesn't want her and the kids here, maybe they shouldn't be there... after all she is under her husband's domain and he should have the final say in EVERYTHING!! why in heaven's name don't they just admit that their doctrine doesn't allow the women to have the free will to do as they life and talk to the men to begin with???

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

You sure about that?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

why in heaven's name don't they just admit that their doctrine doesn't allow the women to have the free will to do as they life and talk to the men to begin with???

women are usually 2nd class citizens in most religions. Except Hinduism, there are hardly any rules other than peace and love. There is no hell, no bad place if you do bad things.

religion is a form of control, and more importantly a "self policing" practice. The Vatican city make sure people not paying the "Vatican tax" struggle to get decent eduction and dont have the privileges compared to people who do pay the tax.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You sure about that?

Yup

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Yes that would be it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
yep, almost every other day on here.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

One Friday afternoon, Betty Ogletree’s daughter RaMae came home in tears. “I can’t do this anymore,” RaMae cried, as Ogletree remembers it. RaMae was a straight-A fourth grader at Watauga Elementary School, a public K-5 in the bucolic town of Abingdon in southwest Virginia. But in a community where most families trumpeted their conservative Christianity, she was marked as an outsider for her lack of belief in the Gospel of Jesus. “Can you please homeschool me?” her mother recalls her pleading.

The bullying started in first grade, when Ogletree’s daughter’s classmates started pressuring her to attend a Good News Club, an after-school Bible class intended to indoctrinate young children in a conservative form of evangelical Christianity. Until 2001, Good News Clubs were generally excluded from public schools out of concern that their presence would violate the constitutional separation of church and state. But a Supreme Court ruling that year, Good News Club v. Milford Central School, deemed their presence in public schools legal.

According to Ogletree, the club’s appearance at her daughter’s public elementary school had an immediate impact. Most of the girls RaMae considered her friends signed up for the Good News Club on Tuesday afternoons. Lunchtime conversations quickly started to revolve around God and Jesus. RaMae, who had been raised with a sense of skepticism about conservative religious doctrine, made an effort to stand up for her own beliefs, and she resisted her friends’ repeated efforts to recruit her to the club. One day, however, the girls decided on an aggressive new tactic. They took away RaMae’s juice and told her they wouldn’t give it back until she sang a song about Jesus.

www.thenation.com...

when kids in schools are being bullied, choked, and treated differently from the "christian children" by teachers to the point that the parents opt to home school, then there seems to be a tad bit of oppression going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join