It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden life of Jesus at Nazareth, Luke 2:39-52

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Today I read about the hidden life of Jesus at Nazareth as part of my daily reading plan. Luke2:39-52 is titled as such, in addition to 41-50 being titled Jesus among the doctors of the Law. I happen to know that Nazareth was a Nazarene Essene community and the doctors of the Law were Theraputae Essenes but I didn't know that until recently so today it was a sort of revelation because I have read a whole lot of information about Jesus being an Essene. Here it is:

39 When they had done everything the Law of the Lord required, they went back to Galilee, to their town of Nazareth. 40 Meanwhile the child grew to maturity, and he was filled with wisdom; and God's favor was with him.

Me: This shows in fact Jesus was a Nazarene Essene. He is 12 years old in:

41 Every year his parents used to go to Jerusalem for the feast of the Passover. When he was 12 years old, they went up to the feast as usual. When they were on their way home after the feast, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem without his parents knowing it. They assumed he was with the caravan, and it was only after a days journey that they went to look for him among their relations and acquaintances.When they failed to find him they went back to Jerusalem looking for him everywhere. Three days later, they found him in the Temple, sitting among the doctors, listening to them, and asking questions;46 and all those who heard him were astonished at his intelligence and his replies. They were overcome when they saw him, and his mother said to him 'My child, why have you done this to us? See how worried your father and I have been, looking for you.' ' Why have you been looking for me?' he replied' did you not know that I must be busy with my Father's affairs?' But they did not understand what he meant.50

Me: Jesus dissapeared for 3 days, at the age of 12. Definite numerological symbolism. Also, it appears that in his 12 years with the Nazarenes he learned enough wisdom to go to the Temple and astonish the Thereputae or doctors, Essene doctors, doctors of the Law and healers. 3 days is prophetic of the 3 days he would be in death (possibly hades) and the 12 years is obvious, tribes, Apostles. 51-52 Jesus goes back to learn more from the Nazarenes to close out Luke 2.

Is this 3 day separation from his family spent with the healers when he learned how to cure disease, spiritually speaking, because I know his methods of healing were through God and the young lad was aware of his mission, his "Father's affairs." Were his training on this occasion but the next time he would disappear for three days it would be a little different, this is like a symbolic prelude.

So we know Jesus was a Nazarene, and a Theraputae, and those were both Essene orders. But why doesn't the bible mention the Essenes other than to call them Nazarenes, which has nothing to do with a town other than a small communal community of Nazarenes, a strict set of non violent vegetarians of mysterious origin probably going back to Zadok the high priest as they were also known as Zadikim at some point. The Ebionites were also Essenes but they may have been JTB loyalists, I'm not sure.

Pharisees, Sadducees, but no mention of the Essenes who are historically documented to have been big players in the Messianic community. Could it be a deliberate omission so the surviving gentile church was not seen as the enemy of the Church of James the Just that it truly was?
edit on 18-3-2016 by Azzezza because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
try the eurantia book for the full scoop of jesus lifetime....its about as accurate as the bible....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Azzezza

Or, Luke's narrative may reveal Jesus' barmitzvah, and his 3 day absence from his parents was him asserting his newly acquired manhood.

Bar Mitzvah is the celebration when a Jewish boy becomes a man and takes on the responsibilities of a man before GOD and Israel.

In Jesus' day boys of twelve had their Bar Mitzvah and were, in many cases, tested on their knowledge and belief in the Temple. Look at the story of Jesus in the Temple ( Luke 2 v41-52 ) in this light. He had come up to Jerusalem for his first Passover, and may well have had his Bar mitzvah while the family was there.

www.wildolive.co.uk...

But, I do agree with you, that if Jesus existed, he was most probably an Essene. Personally, I think that Jesus of Nazareth in a composite figure of a few messianic characters and some pagan deities thrown into the mix as well.

Jesus ben Pandira. A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophecy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree – and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

Of course, The Essene claim to be much older that 79 BC, but this Jesus hero certainly fits some of the biblical narrative of Jesus of Nazareth.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I might as well have a gypsy read my palm. That book is a hoax, I feel bad that you actually believe it. I am only into ancient scripture, if it was written in the 1950's I'm not interested. I will never read that hoax, how you have the ability to consider it accurate about a guy dead for 2000 years is MIND BOGGLING.

Dead Sea Scrolls, Nag Hammadi, Apocrypha and things of that nature are what I like.

I don't really believe Yeshua rose from the dead after 3 days. It's mythical allegory, not recorded history. But to each their own, at least you are reading which is fine as long as it doesn't make you up and join a cult or harm you I think it's probably thought provoking but I don't have time to put aside my ancient religious texts goal of reading the major holy books and the older the more I want to read it.

I was born in the wrong age. I would have loved to live in ancient Rome or Persia. I like my life, I just like to travel back in time for a while, then I realize they didn't have certain things that I am glad to have.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I prefer the way I interpret it because I see the Essenes were vanquished and I get why they would try and hide this fact after the Jews were basically expelled from Rome and the less Jewish Jesus seems the better for the Romans. We are lucky to know that the Essenes even existed. They were erased from Christian history almost completely. But they left some clues like Nazarene and doctors that point to Yeshua being an Essene and now we have the Dead Sea Scrolls that all but prove James the Just was James the Zadik(Righteous) and a historical person. I'm pretty sure he is mentioned in the Scrolls, but I have to finish the Nag Hammadi before I do the Scrolls, I try to pace myself but the more I learn the faster I learn and I still pace myself.

Also, the 3 days spent with the Theraputae were doubtless symbolic of the 3 days in the grave. That's just obvious. And why else would he be with doctors in the Temple unless (that is sort of misleading) they were healers by the Spirit not atheist physicians.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Indeed they were. Christiandom declared war on them, and THAT is highly suspicious, in and of itself. But, they did teach reincarnation, which is a Christian no-no, for, if there is reincarnation, Jesus' sacrificial death and resurrection are meaningless.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Eff Christian no-nos I say. Are you sure they taught reincarnation or the resurrection of the dead? I don't know for a fact either way but if I had to guess they taught resurrection of the dead, as did the Pharisees. I have never heard of reincarnation being an Essene doctrine.

Is it rude if I ask from where you heard or read that?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Josephus initiated with the Essene and had this to say about their beliefs.

11. For their doctrine is this: That bodies are corruptible, and that the matter they are made of is not permanent; but that the souls are immortal, and continue for ever; and that they come out of the most subtile air, and are united to their bodies as to prisons, into which they are drawn by a certain natural enticement; but that when they are set free from the bonds of the flesh, they then, as released from a long bondage, rejoice and mount upward.

----------------------

These are the Divine doctrines of the Essenes (6) about the soul, which lay an unavoidable bait for such as have once had a taste of their philosophy.

ancienthistory.about.com...

It seems that the belief in reincarnation was not uncommon among the Jewish comminty, in general.

"The Pharisees believe that souls have an immortal vigour in them and that the virtuous shall have power to revive and live again: on account of which doctrines they are able greatly to persuade the body of people.”

(1) Josephus himself, who served as a soldier, once rallied his men to fight by citing the doctrine of reincarnation. Josephus said to his men:

“Do ye not remember that all pure Spirits when they depart out of this life obtain a most holy place in heaven, from whence, in the revolutions of ages, they are again sent into pure bodies.....
www.iisis.net...

Early Christian father Origen also taught reincarnation;

Or is it not more in conformity with reason, that every soul, for certain mysterious reasons (I speak now according to the opinion of Pythagoras, and Plato, and Empedocles, whom Celsus frequently names), is introduced into a body, and introduced according to its deserts and former actions? www.earlychristianwritings.com...

It can be shown that an incorporeal and reasonable being has life in itself independently of the body... then it is beyond a doubt bodies are only of secondary importance and arise from time to time to meet the varying conditions of reasonable creatures. Those who require bodies are clothed with them, and contrariwise, when fallen souls have lifted themselves up to better things their bodies are once more annihilated. They are ever vanishing and ever reappearing. —Origen

LINK

Of course, Origin, was declared a heretic a couple of hundred years later......

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If you read all of the available texts, including those not in the Bible, what you'll get is a picture of a wealthy, very ambitious man who wanted to be King of the Jews. He was from the bloodline, although very distant. He studied the various texts of King Solomon and learned sorcery and necromancy (however "real" they may have been, they provided him with his miracles to impress the ordinary people). He then tried to build an army using the following of his cousin, John the Baptist, by stealing John's "Love Thy Neighbor" philosophy and setting him up to be beheaded -- thanks to Salome. But he became "infected" with his own demons, lost his mind, and pushed his plan ahead too fast. The Jewish hierarchy and the Romans nipped his rebellion in the bud and killed him.

I suspect that he spent a lot of his time where there were libraries. He was from Egypt originally, and possibly studied in the fragments of the library Alexandria. He also studied in Jerusalem. Some people say he may have traveled farther East, but he wouldn't have had to.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I don't see immortality of the soul being reincarnation, but if the Essenes did believe in it they probably picked it up from the Persians or Greeks. They saw themselves as children of the Light, literally. Zadikim is another term they went by and means the Righteous Ones. Comes from Tzedek to Zadok to Zadik, and might be the ancient priesthood of Melchi Tzedeck or Melchizedek. Paul lends credence to this, not that I am any fan of Paul. But that is what he probably meant.

Reincarnation of Elijah is what they thought JTB was, so you could be right now that I think of it. Now we are getting into Christian beliefs that JTB was Elijah which is necessary to fulfill Messianic prophecy so it's a catch 22 of sorts for Christianity, he was Elijah but was not Elijah.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Salome had nothing to do with Johns beheading, that was Herodias daughter who got her uncle to get his head after he granted her one request.

Jesus didn't have a thing to do with it.

I can tell right now you don't know what you are talking about, and have never seriously read any Apocryphal books. I bet you can't name ten Apocryphal books without Googling it first.

Nothing you said was even close to the truth about what is recorded by anyone, anywhere.

Pick a topic you know something about.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

"My kingdom is not of this earth."

Does that sound like the words of someone who sought power?

The only possible book that accuses a guy with a similar name of sorcery is the Talmud. Even then, nothing you said is in it. Jesus miracles were courtesy of the Holy Spirit, look up the unpardonable sin.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don't see immortality of the soul being reincarnation..........

It's not the "immortality of the soul" that explains the Essene concept of reincarnation, (transmigration of the soul) but the "natural enticement", created by a demiurge, that tricks souls into the prisons of their bodies. It isn't death that sets the soul free, but "enlightenment". If enlightenment is not achieved, the deception continues, (The Devil is a liar!) and the soul reincarnates, the cycle continues.

The Essene taught that these people are dead, not resurrected, but walking dead. Jesus said, "Let the dead bury their dead." There is no "eternal life" for the eternally dead.

edit on 18-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azzezza
Jesus miracles were courtesy of the Holy Spirit, look up the unpardonable sin.

Jesus performed his miracles with the aid of the demon Beelzebub. He cagily admits it in Mark where he explains how he uses a Satanic demon against Satan to "divide and conquer." He even calls himself "greater than Solomon," who was specifically noted for his sorcery skills.

You need to brush up on your own Bible, or possibly stop having other people spoon-feed it to you and twist it so you don't understand what really happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Jesus miracles were courtesy of the Holy Spirit, look up the unpardonable sin.

Jesus performed his miracles with the aid of the demon Beelzebub. He cagily admits it in Mark where he explains how he uses a Satanic demon against Satan to "divide and conquer." He even calls himself "greater than Solomon," who was specifically noted for his sorcery skills.

You need to brush up on your own Bible, or possibly stop having other people spoon-feed it to you and twist it so you don't understand what really happened.

Yer an angry fella eh? You literally just committed the unpardonable sin by blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and I need to brush up?

What I know and say speaks for itself. Your insistence that I somehow don't understand just shows that you don't understand. Were I not educated in biblical matters I would not know all that I have shown that I know. While what I say is biblically accurate, you think Jesus was admitting that it was by the prince of Demons that he casts out demons. Saying that IS the unpardonable sin, and as the tale goes "A kingdom divided against itself can not stand."

You are impressively wrong about what the bible says, and if you believe Jesus was working for Satan secretly you are just being rebellious or puposefully ignorant. These are myths, they say what they say and have deeper meaning. If you want to think that Jesus was working for Satan, go ahead. What do I care?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Your confused with Gnosticism, the Essenes don't have a Demiurge. Everything you just said is from the Gnostics, not the Essene.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: bandersnatch

I might as well have a gypsy read my palm. That book is a hoax, I feel bad that you actually believe it. I am only into ancient scripture, if it was written in the 1950's I'm not interested. I will never read that hoax, how you have the ability to consider it accurate about a guy dead for 2000 years is MIND BOGGLING.

Dead Sea Scrolls, Nag Hammadi, Apocrypha and things of that nature are what I like.

I don't really believe Yeshua rose from the dead after 3 days. It's mythical allegory, not recorded history. But to each their own, at least you are reading which is fine as long as it doesn't make you up and join a cult or harm you I think it's probably thought provoking but I don't have time to put aside my ancient religious texts goal of reading the major holy books and the older the more I want to read it.

I was born in the wrong age. I would have loved to live in ancient Rome or Persia. I like my life, I just like to travel back in time for a while, then I realize they didn't have certain things that I am glad to have.

Whoa back there Judge.....I never said I believed in either book.....
Ever hear of a little thing called the council of Nicea?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Your confused with Gnosticism, the Essenes don't have a Demiurge. Everything you just said is from the Gnostics, not the Essene.

Christian Gnostics were modern, for the 1st century, Essenes.

Theories of a possible Asian influence on the Jesus movement usually focused on the Essenes. Even orthodox scholars like Dean Mansel argued that Buddhist monks and missionaries had provided the inspiration for the monks and ascetics whom we find recorded in the Middle East before the coming of Jesus, like the Essenes and the related Egyptian sect of the Therapeutae. Some writers explored the idea that Jesus himself might have drawn on these esoteric traditions, as suggested by the title of Arthur Lillie's 1887 book Buddhism in Christendom, or, Jesus, the Essene.

In 1880, Ernst von Bunsen argued that Christian messianic concepts derived from a common fund of tradition that was shared by Buddhists and Essenes. The Essenes, it was thought, provided a crucial link between Eastern mysticism and Western heresy, with Jesus as the pivot between the two trends. If Jesus had access to Buddhist ideas, and the Gnostic sects themselves preached reincarnation and other Asian themes, then once again this was evidence that Jesus' earliest teachings were best preserved among the so-called heresies.
firstnewtestament.com...

Theories of a possible Asian influence on the Jesus movement usually focused on the Essenes. Even orthodox scholars like Dean Mansel argued that Buddhist monks and missionaries had provided the inspiration for the monks and ascetics whom we find recorded in the Middle East before the coming of Jesus, like the Essenes and the related Egyptian sect of the Therapeutae. Some writers explored the idea that Jesus himself might have drawn on these esoteric traditions, as suggested by the title of Arthur Lillie's 1887 book Buddhism in Christendom, or, Jesus, the Essene. In 1880, Ernst von Bunsen argued that Christian messianic concepts derived from a common fund of tradition that was shared by Buddhists and Essenes. The Essenes, it was thought, provided a crucial link between Eastern mysticism and Western heresy, with Jesus as the pivot between the two trends. If Jesus had access to Buddhist ideas, and the Gnostic sects themselves preached reincarnation and other Asian themes, then once again this was evidence that Jesus' earliest teachings were best preserved among the so-called heresies.
en.wikipedia.org...

It should be noted that Buddhism teaches that this world is an illusion. So did the Essene and the Gnostic, and so did Jesus, saying that his "kingdom" was not of this world.

PS: I'm so sorry you have been banned, but I hope you are able to read this, and perhaps, reincarnate and continue our discussion at a later time!

I really love discussing this stuff! It IS quite the "rabbit hole"! LOL

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Do you think that Qumran was an earlier more Jewish version of the later Hammadi clan. They were both into hiding important texts that were under the ban of the priests like Athanasius. And they both have evolved forms of religion beyond what could be tolerated by the Imperial Roman Church we will call it and may have even hidden them at the same time or at least both in a damn good method of preservation suggesting a possible link. Maybe a stretch, maybe not.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Amraphiah

Not really. I think the Nag Hammadi clan were more Paganish, and more evangelical, in my opinion. The Gnostic doctrine of Valentine, and his followers, was widely shared and widely debated. A different branch altogether, I think. The Qumran's were ascetics, very pious and very private. They were extremely cautious in sharing their doctrine only with the people whose trust was proven through their tedious initiation into the group.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join