It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden life of Jesus at Nazareth, Luke 2:39-52

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Azzezza

Azzezza,

Nazareth came about in the second century AD or CE. In laymans terms this is 200 years after Jesus died.

As such the Jesus of Nazareth, or Jesus and anything Nazareth is totally made up.

Coomba98

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Says who?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah, they are likely a few hundred years apart victims of different hypocrisys and the Hammadi texts are more Zoroastrianism in nature (I wouldn't call them pagan) than the older doctrine of Qumran.

Also the Essenes were very strict and very Jewish, minus the blood sacrifice. The Gnostics were anti Yahweh and very syncretic.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Nazarene means member of a particular Essene community, nobody is saying that Nazarenes didn't exist, just a town called Nazareth. The writers of the NT were talking about a community and not the name of a town.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ummm, I have a Pink Unicorn that needs milked each day. Could you assist?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridescentPhoenix

Ummm, I have a Pink Unicorn that needs milked each day. Could you assist?

Ummm, is this something you thought was clever to say?

You need to find a better way to spend your time. Coming to a thread about Jesus and talking about unicorns doesn't exactly seem like something someone would do unless they were very, very...ignorant.

I think you might want to grow up a little. It wasn't even humorous, if it was, I would laugh with you.

Do you always flaunt your insecurities?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
If you read all of the available texts, including those not in the Bible, what you'll get is a picture of a wealthy, very ambitious man who wanted to be King of the Jews. He was from the bloodline, although very distant. He studied the various texts of King Solomon and learned sorcery and necromancy (however "real" they may have been, they provided him with his miracles to impress the ordinary people). He then tried to build an army using the following of his cousin, John the Baptist, by stealing John's "Love Thy Neighbor" philosophy and setting him up to be beheaded -- thanks to Salome. But he became "infected" with his own demons, lost his mind, and pushed his plan ahead too fast. The Jewish hierarchy and the Romans nipped his rebellion in the bud and killed him.

I suspect that he spent a lot of his time where there were libraries. He was from Egypt originally, and possibly studied in the fragments of the library Alexandria. He also studied in Jerusalem. Some people say he may have traveled farther East, but he wouldn't have had to.

What on earth makes you think Salome hadanything to do with Johns beheading? That's not in the Bible. Or anything you said.

Are you being antagonistic or do you just not know what the hell you're talking about?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
:
Jesus was definitely an Essene, even though the Holy Roman Catholic Church has done everything to hide this including using Doctors instead of Theraputae making it read as if they were just physicians and not Essenes.

The Dead Sea Scrolls show the beef between the true Jerusalem church and" Christianity" in the Damascus document.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In the Dead Sea Scrolls it uses the word yesha, meaning salvation. Yeshua was probably the true cousin of John the Baptist, and brother of James the Just, a nickname that comes from the Zadik, his title as head of the Essenes. The Just renders James title to a nickname.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The Essenes ARE the Nazarenes and the Ebionites were part of the Zaddikim as was James the Righteous. But both adopted the pacifist philosophy of Jesus while retaining their traditional Torah values.

The Essenes are not mentioned because they didn't call themselves that.

The Zaddikim aren't mentioned because they are the source of most of Christian theology and destroy the originality of Christianity.

Nazarene = Essene but the early church knew the Nazarenes and Ebionites despised Paul and his false gospel and declared them heretics so reported their history under a pseudonym. And slandered the Ebionites.

I don't believe that a group called the Essenes ever existed outside of pen and paper.

edit on 10-5-2016 by Octagra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join