It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Wins, Stocks will Drop 50%

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The issue is not lack of need for manufacturing due to technology. The issue is that most of the manufacturing is being done outside of the US. People did not all of a sudden stop needing things manufactured anymore.

But how exactly are you going to "bring manufacturing back into the U.S.?" We're not manufacturing air here. We need raw materials. Where are they going to come from? More mines? No, they're going to come from overseas, where they're cheaper to get.

To rebuild manufacturing, you would need to rebuild the entire infrastructure, which has already expanded to encompass the entire world. We can build more cars in the U.S., but it's just going to be from parts made cheaper elsewhere. You can use U.S. steel to build cars, but they'll be more expensive. So how are the low-skilled people you've hired for $10 an hour to put together the pieces that can't be put together by robots going to be able to afford a car that costs twice as much as it would if you used overseas parts?

It's a global economy, and old-fashioned isolationism just doesn't work anymore. It used to be we solved these problems by going out and fighting a war, which stimulated the economy and employed people and reduced the population a little. We can't even do that now, since we're just fighting small bands of terrorists and not large countries. We could fight China or Russia, I guess, but we need them for their markets and their resources.

Less people. When you put it all together, that's the only "solution," but without a global pandemic, it's a long, slow haul to accomplish that.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I do love the doom.

If Trump is elected;

Stocks will plummet
BLM will riot
Armageddon will ensue

Kinda makes me want to vote for him just to be bad.

Whereas, with Hillary...we'll get sunshine, rainbows and butterfly farts.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Curtail the birth rate? You mean like China did? One kid per family? That kind of backfired on them, didn't it?

That's why it has to be global and fairly indiscriminate. You can't have some countries do it and not others, and you can't have locals imposing their old religious or cultural biases on it so that all you have is males, for instance.

If Blue Shift Hitler was elected President, the first thing I would do is heavily finance the biopharmaceutical companies to come up with an effective birth control that you could toss into the global environment that would sterilize all but a random small percentage of the people on the planet. Nobody would be killed by it. And it wouldn't be enough to completely destroy the human race. But it would reduce it enough to restore the value of each individual on the planet.

But, like I said, this kind of global engineering is beyond the power of any head of state. So all the hand-wringing over who is going to best "solve our problems" is pointless. The problem is us. The problem is we're great at breeding and building amazing machines to do our work for us. Trump? Clinton? What's the difference?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Manufacturing can come back here. Trump can make it happen. He has been discussing how it can be done.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Manufacturing of course can come back. I want to look to a future of jobs not taxes. If they said they could bring back 10 million jobs and it was only 500k, so what! That is still jobs back here. This is a guy who rents space to not only the richest people on the planet but to the Bank of China. Right now they are like " #, that last lease was 3 months of arbitration...what would a new trade deal mean? "

All this 'the world is scared' , well, they should be. Awake. What is wrong with that? Why did the US become the country that settles?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

In making his bold call, Ian Winer first looks at Trump's proposal to cut taxes on the highest-earnings Americans and on corporations, which according to different sources, would reduce government revenue by something in the neighborhood of $10 trillion over the next decade.

Totally PRICELESS.

Tax cuts 'don't' work. Except when its' for the rich.

Tax cuts 'do' work.. Except when it's for the middle class.

After the last 8 years of tax increases, and new taxes being created like the medicare capital gains surtax. That hit's home owners too when they sell their home. Because that is a capital gain. Which is triple taxation.

Funny the entire idea because tax cuts is letting people busines keep more money they earn.

Scream bloody murder when it comes to the evil rich.

Why yes people how dare they get the same cuts everyone else does.!

That's ''social justice' ! !

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Manufacturing of course can come back. I want to look to a future of jobs not taxes.

Manufacturing is never going to come back here.

No one can compete with China.

Not when we are paying more for the labor to make products. Than what it actually costs to make them.

Americans no longer know how to compete.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When Trump changes things, the complications you mention will go away.
He has plans and knows how to fix our trade issues so that it will pay for manufacturers to again build in the US.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I am not holding my breathe.

Congress has to sign off first.

I doubt that happening.

I think Trump would be a lame duck even with Republican 'majorities'.

If congress does change hands to the other side.

Still a lame duck.

That would be a first.

Trump is screwed either way.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If anybody can give a heads up on whether Mexico intends to buy it's concrete from the U.S. when they build our free wall, I might be willing to make an investment when Trump goes into the White House.

Lolz.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
If anybody can give a heads up on whether Mexico intends to buy it's concrete from the U.S. when they build our free wall, I might be willing to make an investment when Trump goes into the White House.

Lolz.

I think Adobe bricks made in Mexico are the appropriate material.

But use American labor with Canadian supervisors.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: neo96

When Trump changes things, the complications you mention will go away.
He has plans and knows how to fix our trade issues so that it will pay for manufacturers to again build in the US.

Oh Pleeze. You must be his head cheerleader, and yet you don't seem to really know what he's proposing, or the possible repercussions, not to mention many of his "plans" are just plain out BS, undoable, illegal, or unethical. I wonder how long it would take for impeachment hearings to begin?

This man wants unyielding control, and many of his thought processes seem to surround his never ending ego-conflicts.

The only reason I would ever regret not voting Trump, is if Cruz should be elected. However, since the GOP is self-destructing before our very eyes, I don't think there is a reason for concern.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Adobe bricks made in Mexico are the appropriate material.

Hi Xue. Adobe bricks? You think those are strong enough to hold out those hoards of foaming at the mouth rapists and murderers Trump is so afraid of? (They were here all morning cutting my grass and running weed-eaters and leaf blowers and I took them 7-ups and we cracked jokes). They neither raped nor murdered me.

Maybe bricks made from donkey dung?

You do know there will be no wall? We don't even NEED a wall. It's madness.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm just curious how all these companies can have such massive profits margins but can't compete in the labor market.

Weird huh?

Gotta have slaves in order for this system to exist, must be a bad system.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I appreciate people worrying about my retirement income so much.

Lets face it the market doesn't think Trump or Sanders is going to win because it would already be reflected in the prices. The fact is the market is going up nearly every day lately and it has nothing to do with this election anymore. The market already assumes Hilary is the winner and she won't do anything to hurt her corporate sponsors or her wealth.
edit on 2016/3/18 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm just curious how all these companies can have such massive profits margins but can't compete in the labor market.

Weird huh?

Actually they don't have massive profit MARGINS they might have massive profits. If I make 500,000,000,000 and I make .5% on that I make 2,500,000,000 which you interpret as huge profits, but in reality it is a crap margin. In fact once you divide that by the 1,000,000,000,000 shares of stock outstanding it sucks.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Weird huh?

Massive profits eh.

Let's take Apple for example since the Iphone is made there.

Apple has a Revenue of $233 billion WORLD WIDE. Where they are ALSO PAYING TAXES in other places around the world.That's a lot of fiat currency by anyone's standard right ?

Apples operating income $ 73 billion. That's the cost of Apple keeping the lights on, and paying for every thing including dividend payouts to investors, and double taxation to the IRS.

Apples net income. After everything is said and done. $53 Billion.

Which it uses to reinvest in the company to make new phones, and other 'must' haves, and that does cost in the billions.

Did ya get that ?

It takes over $70 billion to run the company per year, and increases year after year.

So increase the taxes on Apple. What are they likely to do ?

Pass the cost on to the consumer.

Which is what they ALL would do.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened when Obama was elected.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I do love the doom.

If Trump is elected;

Stocks will plummet
BLM will riot
Armageddon will ensue

Heck, at this rate, anyone who wants to precipitate the rise of the Beast and 2nd Coming needs to vote for Donald. That's about the only disaster they haven't yet threatened us with.

Pretty soon he'll cause Planet X, meteor strikes, alien invasion and the death of all bees, too.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I do love the doom.

If Trump is elected;

Stocks will plummet
BLM will riot
Armageddon will ensue

Heck, at this rate, anyone who wants to precipitate the rise of the Beast and 2nd Coming needs to vote for Donald. That's about the only disaster they haven't yet threatened us with.

Pretty soon he'll cause Planet X, meteor strikes, alien invasion and the death of all bees, too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join