It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Wins, Stocks will Drop 50%

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Quit trying to talk me into voting for trump by saying it will correct the stock market to where it should be. Now I am considering voting for trump instead of a third party candidate. I will vote for anyone but Clinton. If I only had her to vote for, I wouldn't bother voting. It is because she seems to enjoy deceiving people that I do not like her. I know people like that around here. They usually try to get jobs where they can effect more people.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
An orangutan in office with his hand hovering over that big red button for four years... what could possibly go wrong?

How is that any less racist than comparing Obama to a chimpanzee would be?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't understand that America has been heading for a massive stock market correction for years is living in dreamland.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

My husband's job is directly related to government regulatory. He has to deal with up to six or seven different agencies in his daily work, and those reports are not at all inaccurate. The amount of overlap between the agencies he deals with is insane, and the testing burden it places on his company is likewise insane because it's often not enough to just do a test once and send off the results in double or triplicate ... they sometimes have to do the same test in double or triplicate so they have individual results for each agency rather than simply copies of one test to send.

So you have redundant sets of workers at each agency cataloging the paperwork on the same test which has to be done multiple times at a business with all the cost and paperwork that entails.

Now, that has provided a good career for my husband, but it is a lot of work that could easily be streamlined across both government and industry without losing any of your safety standards anywhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am realizing that some younger people might actually not realize how the loss of manufacturing has been decimating our country.

I remember when people could get out of high school and know that they could probably get a job at a factory and earn enough to support their family. Some people are not cut out for college. Manufacturing strengthened our economy in too many ways to detail here, but if you do some research and think about it, you might learn something.

I started at a manufacturing factory at first when I was out of high school, while working my way through college. (Back in the days when you could afford to pay for your own education AND start a family while working in a factory.)
I also was there when the plant was bought by a company from South Korea. They sent their people here to learn how we do things, then they packed up all of the machinery, shipped it to South Korea, and closed the plant.
I worked in the offices by then, and got to know the Koreans, and they told me straight out that they could pay their people a fraction of what was paid here.

I watched as this happened to factory after factory. There are no more garment factories... little manufacturing at all.

Now, our kids are told that they must go to college to have a future. But, the pickings are slim for even those with college educations.

Trump sees this. He wants to undo this damage. I don't see anyone else in government even admitting there is a problem in this regard.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Right. If Trump places high taxes on Imports from China, Mexico, Japan, et.al, the manufactures are going to respond by shaking in their shoes, and begin making arrangements to move their companies back to the U.S.

Because Trump said so.

Surely they won't laugh about it, and charge $100. for a toaster that previously cost $45.00.
Nah, that's not going to happen. And it won't effect the stock market.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks.

Let them...

Suddenly you'll find manufacturers here in the US selling those same toasters for 60$. I rather buy the same thing made in the US for a little more, but when those big businesses bring their crap overseas and support child labor to make their product cheaper, you and I end up supporting them by buying their goods. But we don't think about that, do we? We just think... "Hey.. Cheap toaster!".

If they get taxed to hell and back, which is a wonderful idea, then they either move it back to the US or start directing the rise in cost to the consumer. When the consumer sees the higher cost, they look for alternatives.

I say... Balance them out... Tax them so hard that the prices meet whatever the price of an American made product sells for.

Do you seriously think that big biz is being taxed enough to where it hurts them in any way shape or form? You should really look into what these big companies are paying as part of their share of taxes, for other governments included. I say tax them until mom and pop stores become profitable again.

I should add... Do you honestly think that a business mogul is going to do something that stops the flow of money? Cmon... He's a business man himself. He knows what he's doing. Of that I can assure you.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If that's true then I would definitely vote for him. Absolutely, 100% vote for him.

I'm not losing any money if the stock market crashes, but I know rich people are, and that makes me squeal with glee.

Squeal like a stuck pig I say. Just imagining the fortunes lost makes me tremble. The faces of the rich contorted in rage? Oooooohh....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The article should read: CNN admits deporting illegals would raise wages. or: CNN admits illegal depress wages.

It amazing that somehow leftist side with luddites when concerning illegal immigration.

This is truly ROFL.

Also trump tax plan for poor single $0-$25K, married $0-50K, head of household $0-37500 federal income tax rate 0%
single $25-50K, married $50K-$100K, head of household $37500-75000 income tax rate 10%

Yup hates poor americans

There may be up to 30 millions illegals in the US by some estimates. 70% of hispanic immigrant households are on welfare. Let's also count the cost of having to deal with an education system that now has to teach in two languages, and the cost of ER visits, I'm sure the OP included that for total cost for the average american. OP article is weak.
If those 30 millions illegals went back to mexico they could easily take down and replace their government with the government they want.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey, it's still better then what Bernie had planned.

edit on 18-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Of course the stock market would downturn in a Trump presidency. Because Hillary is a friend of Wall Street and all corporate lobbyists. They realize the don't have Trump in their back pocket. Thanks. This article just reinforces my support for Trump.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

the three D's seen in this OP tells me this is a misinformationist/disinformationist trying to put fear. Dismiss, Debunk and Demean can clearly be seen in this OP and tells us the agenda this person has. A trump hater.

Dismiss, debunk, demean.

Donald Trump is the most dismissive, demeaning presidential candidate in at least recent memory. What's bad about debunking? Is that what you're attempting to do right now?

We would see negotiations that will bring businesses back to the states so Americans can have good paying jobs again. Jobs in fast food, malls and IT are not what makes a nation economically strong.

No matter who we elect, there will be no flood of manufacturing jobs back to the US. Other than moronic platitudes used in rhetoric, what is your basis for believing this? Respectfully, you're argument would be better suited to the 1980's. The west has been in a period of deindustrialization since the 70's and even so, our manufacturing output has continued to increase even has manufacturing employment has decreased. Trump isn't alone (at all) in pushing the delusion that we can recover some large amount of good paying manufacturing jobs and see huge economic growth — but it is a delusion nonetheless — and if you're supporting Trump for that reason, it's a very bad one.

Finally, the fact that you equate IT jobs to fast food jobs shows a profound lack of understanding on your part. I can't even begin to fathom why you would say such a thing. The IT sector has seen the addition of millions of some of the best paying jobs in this country over the last two decades plus. These are exactly the sort of jobs you should be concerned about being lost to foreign workers rather than talking about jobs that are being organically supplanted by technology.
edit on 2016-3-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
First off, if a Trump election would cause a 50% drop in the stock market, then that should show that the stock market is built on smoke and mirrors.

I think that's a given.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

There may be up to 30 millions illegals in the US by some estimates. 70% of hispanic immigrant households are on welfare

Perhaps you'd care to share the source of these "estimates?" If you can't back those figures up with relevant research, I can only assume you're at best repeating unsubstantiated claims you've heard before. The only thing I can really think that might come close is propaganda from CIS which has been thoroughly and I mean thoroughly debunked. I would be happy to do so again in this thread.

It amazing that somehow leftist side with luddites when concerning illegal immigration.

If you actually knew what Luddite meant, you'd realize how ironic that statement is.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I will vote for anyone but Clinton. If I only had her to vote for, I wouldn't bother voting.

With Clinton you get the same old insider crap from people who have been manipulating things in this country for decades. She's so establishment she doesn't even have the "novelty" advantage of somebody like Obama. (Let's elect a black man! Let's elect a woman! Let's elect a trans-gender POC!)

Some people want to elect Trump to watch the world burn. I believe that the world will burn (or not) no matter who is elected.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I love when people say " Get rid of the Illegal Immigrants and we'll fall apart"...

Well....doesn't that tell you it's a house of cards to begin with?

If Illegal Labor is what is keeping us afloat, then it's bogus to begin with. It means we're slaves to an entire shadow industry of people who are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE.

Rule of Law...or Profit?

Decision decisions. One has to give. Or else we might as well forget law, forget citizenship, forget immigration policy at ALL

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

In making his bold call, Ian Winer first looks at Trump's proposal to cut taxes on the highest-earnings Americans and on corporations, which according to different sources, would reduce government revenue by something in the neighborhood of $10 trillion over the next decade.

This is a guess of a worst case scenario and we know how guesses go.

Concerning massive deportation and it's effect on the economy:

Not going to happen, but in any case if this was followed up with a massive work visa program there is only gain. Last time I looked there were 5 billion who would love to come here and work, also out of the 12 to 30 million illegals that are here only 5 million or less are needed to fill those essential jobs. That leaves the rest more of a liability on society than an asset.

Some experts are even saying his proposed policies could cause a global recession.

Jobs leave America every year that tend to go towards profits than reducing prices. We are in a quandary of no jobs but lower prices and good stocks, or more jobs and slightly higher prices and slow stocks...what do you think is best?
edit on 18-3-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Did you just say Trump supporters and examine in the same sentence? Haha they don't examine anything but their guy. The gut told me to vote for him, cause he doesn't lie! Well he does. and sometime lying is necessary!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Trump sees this. He wants to undo this damage. I don't see anyone else in government even admitting there is a problem in this regard.

Yeah, but you know this is a demographic issue, and not a political problem. It's the result of too many people (who were born because too many people could afford to easily have them) hitting the wall of technological progress that requires fewer and fewer people to be employed. The World of the Future happened a lot sooner than anybody was ready for.

Some of this has been buffered by the government expanding and building a huge military industrial machine which keeps a lot of people employed in high-paying jobs who would otherwise be unemployed or working for our "enemies."

The only real solution is for us to massively curtail the birth rate, not just in the U.S., but with the entire planet. It used to be that large scale wars and famine and pandemics would do it, but now it looks like something we have to do on purpose. I don't think either Trump or Clinton is up for that kind of global social engineering.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sorry, but I don't agree. The economy was stronger and there were more jobs when the US was stronger in manufacturing.

The issue is not lack of need for manufacturing due to technology. The issue is that most of the manufacturing is being done outside of the US. People did not all of a sudden stop needing things manufactured anymore.

Does anyone remember when you could look for the "Made in USA" stickers on things? When you could buy a TV, washing machine Made in the USA? And clothing?? Good luck finding clothing or shoes made in the USA. And cars, or car parts?

The few manufacturers who have survived in the US are totally dependent upon getting parts from overseas. If those parts stopped coming, we would be in big trouble.

Having too many people has nothing to do with not having manufacturing jobs. If that were so, China would be a different place.
edit on 3/18/16 by BlueAjah because: added

edit on 3/18/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Curtail the birth rate? You mean like China did? One kid per family? That kind of backfired on them, didn't it?

He expects China’s aging population will result in the same outcomes seen in Japan -- lost decades. “China is turning grey on an unprecedented scale in human history, and the government, even the whole Chinese society, isn’t prepared for it,” Yi said in an interview this month.

www.bloomberg.com...

It's common knowledge that in order for a country to maintain a stable population, the birthrate needs to be over 2.0 per woman (unless the country has a massive influx of immigrants, which can provide a temporary but unpredictable source of relief).

In many countries, however, the growth rate falls far short of that: In Europe, prominent countries such as Germany, Spain and Italy have birthrates below 1.5, and in Japan the problem is even worse, at a mere 1.26. As a result, it is creating an imbalance between young and old populations, an ever-increasing number of retirees are being supported by a shrinking pool of workers.

If this decline continues, it will eventually reach the point where economic growth becomes impossible
www.americanthinker.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join