It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Wins, Stocks will Drop 50%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

the three D's seen in this OP tells me this is a misinformationist/disinformationist trying to put fear. Dismiss, Debunk and Demean can clearly be seen in this OP and tells us the agenda this person has. A trump hater.

None of these can take place from the presidential office even by executive order.

We would see negotiations that will bring businesses back to the states so Americans can have good paying jobs again.

Jobs in fast food, malls and IT are not what makes a nation economically strong.

edit on 18-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Great! It will be wonderful, if the market returns to some realistic value, so that I can get back in on a rational basis. The US dollar has been being unwound for a few years now. Manufacturing will be coming home soon anyway....not that it will create all that many jobs.....since automation is replacing most unskiled, and even skilled labor.

But, that just means that the cost of transporting goods will be markedly reduced. Chinese robots don't work any cheaper than American ones. Some form of basic income will be established, because economies can't function without liquidity. Putting choice back into the hands of the consumers, will restore a large part of the free market.

We are long overdue for stopping all the the benefits of automation, accruing to corporations, and distributing some of that to all the stakeholders.....call it a Progress Dividend. People will spend it however they wish, and true market values will quickly be established.

We are out of enough productive work, to base a functioning economy on a "work ethic". Operating under a consumption ethic and removing the shame factor, will reknit our society back into a cohesive whole.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What's nuts, is how much people hurah their "guy."

OPs like "why your guy sucks" are almost daily.

At this point, we could elect a dog as president, and as long as he is Republican, you will see a massive rally in the market.

The current psychos have created too much instability, by getting too greedy with payouts from super corporations.
Unaffordable Care/Obamadontcare, TPP etc, etc...

Businesses are sitting tight right now. Especially, non-policy making, small businesses.

If Trump gets elected, I will be dropping serious coin on market, and we can compare notes.
It will probably be the biggest rally we see in our lifetimes

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is that the Stock Market likes the status quo. It likes to have people in office who don't do anything radical that could threaten investing.

Even if Trump gets into office, it's unlikely that he'll make any sweeping changes in trade laws, because he doesn't have the power to do that. He can suggest, and give speeches, and veto stuff, but when it comes to making laws that's why we have a Congress. With Clinton, at least they're familiar with the people who are going to raid the Treasury for all the tax money.

Too many people. Not enough jobs. That seems to be the core problem. At the moment, the government is keeping a lot of people employed by having a massive military that builds a lot of stuff it never uses. Like the huge public works projects of the Pyramids in Egypt. Maybe somebody will figure out that it might be better and cheaper to just give people money to do nothing but lay around and smoke dope and play X-box.

Mandatory birth control until a person or couple can prove they're financially capable of raising a child doesn't solve the immigration problem. So complicated.

I don't think it's inaccurate to say that anybody who wants to be President has a screw loose.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

He is proposing giving a lump-sum block grant to each state, to be used to supply Medicaid to the needy. However, many of the people currently using the Affordable Care Act, will be ineligible, and consequently will be left without coverage. He is apparently also planning to remove some services that are currently provided, such as ambulances, or emergency service vehicles.

As our analysis above shows, Mr. Trump’s plan to repeal and replace Obamacare – based on the details available – would both add to the deficit and significantly reduce coverage. Meanwhile, his plan to block grant Medicaid could generate significant savings; however, insufficient details are available to estimate if there are any and how much.

These changes are for the most part in addition to Mr. Trump’s other policy proposals,3 which we’ve estimated would cost between $12 and $15 trillion, driving debt to somewhere between 115 and 140 percent of the economy in ten years. As the campaign proceeds, we hope that Mr. Trump will present additional policies to pay for his proposals

Source: fiscalfactcheck.crfb.org...

On the bright side, he has stated he will maintain coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, and might be able to negotiate lower costs of drugs.

This is also an informative article about his health care proposals:
www.slate.com...

edit on 3/18/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So, stocks will drop if he deports illegals, revises budgets and spending by balancing a budget as well as well increasing tariffs that would 'affect' the poor as they say.

Well, I am not sure how many poor and illegals own stock in Apple but I am pretty sure it is not enough to chop the DOW in half.

In politics, you do not have budgets. When you are a CEO there are budgets or you are out of business. Who do you want fixing the economy?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Right. If Trump places high taxes on Imports from China, Mexico, Japan, et.al, the manufactures are going to respond by shaking in their shoes, and begin making arrangements to move their companies back to the U.S.

Because Trump said so.

Surely they won't laugh about it, and charge $100. for a toaster that previously cost $45.00.
Nah, that's not going to happen. And it won't effect the stock market.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks.

And then somebody in the US invests money and produces toasters that could be sold retail for a cheaper price than big companies could provide them wholesale from over seas.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I do love the doom.

If Trump is elected;

Stocks will plummet
BLM will riot
Armageddon will ensue

Kinda makes me want to vote for him just to be bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, stocks will drop if he deports illegals, revises budgets and spending by balancing a budget as well as well increasing tariffs that would 'affect' the poor as they say.

Well, I am not sure how many poor and illegals own stock in Apple but I am pretty sure it is not enough to chop the DOW in half.

In politics, you do not have budgets. When you are a CEO there are budgets or you are out of business. Who do you want fixing the economy?

Do you honestly believe he is going to do all? He's going to deport millions of illegals? His only hope will be if they self-deport.

Revise the budget? He wants to give money through fewer taxes to the one-percent, and shoot money into the military budget. Where is that money going to come from?

You know where.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I do love the doom.

If Trump is elected;

Stocks will plummet
BLM will riot
Armageddon will ensue

I too have a rebellious streak so I know exactly what you mean. However, I shall let my better sense make this decision!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Do you think that Quantitative Easement has more of an influence on stock prices than taxes?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

There are a lot of people who feel the same way. They want to elect a buffoon to the Presidency because they think it would be funny, because they are doing it ironically, or because they're protesting the corrupt voting system.

Keeps life interesting, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump supporters, how naive can they be?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Biggest thing we could do in the US, would be to get rid of all/most of the "make work" we currently have just to keep the economy afloat. Many people seem to not understand that creating jobs that are essentially a drag on the economy, simply to keep enough cash flow for it to operate at all, is not the answer.

Sneaking the money in by extending unemployment and other methods under "emergency" conditons.....IOWs all methods of paying SOME people to not work, while squeezing the ones who do, is irrational. By injecting the money impartially to everyone, with no means testing at all, you gain required liquidity, get rid of the cost of hoop jumping and enforcement, and compensate all the people who do currently unremunerated work.....moms taking care of their kids themselves, people taking care of their own aging parents, etc.....everyone gets some breathing room. It removes the desperation factor.

People will go back to school, start their own small businesses, spend more time with their families, not be stuck in crappy or even abusive relationships due to financial desperation, work part time only at something they enjoy....and dozens of other socially beneficial practices.

There will always be people who would rather live at a minimal level, than work. We already have about 40% of able adults not working, either out of choice or force. Why should those who do want to work and live better than at the minimum level, subsidize the parasite non-productive stuff, that ends up in the pockets of the wealthy anyway. If no one "had" to work, McDonalds would be lucky to get burger flippers for 15 bucks an hour. But they would also only have to keep the ones rhat want to be there.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
First off, if a Trump election would cause a 50% drop in the stock market, then that should show that the stock market is built on smoke and mirrors.

Second, the President does not have the authority to raise and lower taxes. That is the job of Congress. The President can only approve or veto legislation.

Third, wouldn't a reduction in the labor force result in a drop in unemployment? If illegal immigrants were deported, wouldn't that open vacancies for US citizens? The same people who want to raise the minimum wage also want to keep illegal immigrants in the country to work at slave wages. Some people might consider that racist, since the bulk of those working hard for slave wages are latinos.

As to the matter of tariffs on imported goods: will that raise prices? Yes. But it will also allow US businesses to spring up and fill the void, employing more people. Walmarts are filled with Chinese goods because American businesses can't compete with the slave and prison labor of countries that are not concerned with things like worker health, safety, or the environment. If "made in China" cost the same as "made in America", people would buy American. Those good manufacturing jobs of yesteryear would return to America. People could stop depending on Uncle Sam for their food and housing and work for it again.

I may not like Trump, but I do like the idea of deporting people who can't be bothered with coming to this country legally. I like the idea of paying a fair wage to someone who busts their ass under a hot sun to pick fruits and vegetables. I like the idea of using tariffs on imported goods to offset taxes and allowing US businesses to compete with cheap labor in other countries.

And screw Wall Street. What have they ever done for America?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I also understand the value of my new truck will drop by nearly 90%. They will start pulling up the pavement on the southbound roads to save money and the entire Antarctic will be a barren desert by next summer if he gets elected

enjoy the weekend

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
The thing is they said the same thing before about cutting taxes bringing in less money. However, what happened was the revenue actually increased for the government. The reason is more paid their taxes and business was more likely to invest and expand while paying less taxes. There is always the same scare tactics used by the left or right. It is predictable to a degree what they are going to say.

I will say this, My feeling is Trump is much more likely to start a program of cutting out waste than the left. I have seen reports on how up to 10 agencies may be doing repetitive work that is just waste. You have employees that go to work and play on the computer all day because they have nothing to do. If this waste was cut out it would help pay for strengthening the military.

How Trump plans to have medical care for all is one thing I am concerned about. We already see the disaster Obamacare has wrought upon the people. How you can pay to cover everyone and bring any fiscal discipline to the bloated government is something I want to hear more about.

You are right about Trump cutting waste. To run a successful business, you can't have waste. Trump knows what to do about that, and it is a major part of his plan to balance the budget.

As for health care. Trump's plan is not to have some kind of national healthcare. He seems to understand how the system was broken before Obamacare, and that Obamacare did not make it any better.
He plans to change some of the rules that were driving up health costs and health insurance in the first place, which is what put it out of the reach of lower income people. One of his major points had to do with the laws giving certain health insurance companies exclusivity in each state, so that they could set their own rates. There was little competition. Insurance companies created the mess. He plans to make it possible for more competitiveness, such as allowing insurance companies to sell to all states, and reducing the monopoly.

This will result in lower costs, so that everyone can afford insurance, if they want it.
They can choose what kind they want.
He says that if healthy young people want to buy only catastrophic coverage they should be able to.

His plans will make the entire system healthier, which will enable government to concentrate on Medicare and Medicaid for those who truly need it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How can trump cut taxes on corporations when democrats say they are not paying taxes now?

Actually the Dems failed to point out that 47% of American households also are not paying taxes. And they forgot that every penny of "corporate taxes" is paid by people. Corporations NEVER pay taxes: People do. It's just a pass thru so "people" can pretend that corporations actually do the paying without considering it a cost of business and rolling "corporate taxes" into the cost of products.

Regarding Trump's promised policies: IF he is elected, he won't do any of those things because Congress won't agree to them. There will be no wall. There will be no mass deportations. Get over this "sky is falling" mentality. There may be some compromises. We might actually get control of our borders again. We might stop some of the hemorrhage brought to us by Obama, Inc. But the stock market is not going to fall 50%. That's completely absurd.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I do love the doom.

If Trump is elected;

Stocks will plummet
BLM will riot
Armageddon will ensue

Edward Wedbush must be one of those crapping-in-his-pants guys right about now...LOL
Donald's distractors are bringing in The Big Dogs now....say anything, do anything, embellish it with a lot of skewed fianancial mumbo jumbo, and see if it sticks!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Did you really think saving, repairing or even balancing the U.S. economy into an even playing field would come without price?

Are you that big a supporter of our Corporate system that their suffering profit drops would cause you to support a continuation of the current demise of our economy and culture?

If the stock drop occurs, it would be those that profited from outside the U.S. manufacturing. Those still in-house would see their stocks go higher.

Or course, your very thread premise proves Trump is NOT part of the establishment. They don't want their profits down, do they?

If it becomes more profitable to be manufacturing at home, then they will move back. Massive surges in employment and, as a result, wages. We will need a portion of those illegals-without criminal records to go onto work visas with the 'possible' rewardof permanent green cards at a later date.

The markets will more than recover......

edit on 18-3-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join