It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Wins, Stocks will Drop 50%

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Trump uses the standard conservative talking points on his voodoo economics II plan.

He claims all the money will come from an expanded tax base from more jobs he will bring to these shores through his wonderful economic plan—trickle down economics II.

Also, he claims he will root out corruption, waste, and abuse in government spending.

Trumps plane wont work just like trickle down economics have never worked over the long run.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I would say if such talks like this are going on, it is only because those that invest money in lets say obama have money to make from him being in office. However with someone like trump, they risk loosing investments. Every president within the last decade has been funded by those that stand to gain. Someone like trump does not take money offerings as he already has money, so therefore they plague the news with such drops as if to say....

... Put someone in office we can pay to do our bidding, not someone who does not need our money.

Hurts rich people when their money does nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Some of the scare tactics being employed are just so laughable.
I think if Trump wins we will definitely be hit by a meteor that will wipe out all humanity.
Before then there will probably be a plague upon the land that wlll last for years so we'll all suffer just before we are wiped out.
Oh and Niburu will turn out to be real after all and only the elites led by Trump will be able to build a space ship in time to hop onto that planet just before the meteor hits.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Considering the Stock Market is Completely Rigged by the PTB , they are the ones controlling if the Market goes Up or Down no matter who happens to be President at the time .

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I was worrying myself sick the other day that a Trump election might spoil the food in the freezer. I guess I can concentrate on the Nibiru thing now.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm really not a fan of the trickle-down theory. Isn't that basically what we're doing right now with the TPP, etc? Letting those companies cut costs and outsource while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?

Doesn't Trump want to disrupt unfair trade agreements? I think that's one of his platforms, actually. It's one of the things he and I actually agree on.

Maybe you could find a different boogey-man?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
32 topics on Above Top Secret, and 9 of them are Trump topics.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way .... and yea, I can see where the stock market could '''huh" adjust.... And there will be pandemonium with politicians afraid when their stuff might come under scrutiny. There will likely be assassination plots and all manner of panic from the Good 'ol boys clubs. Trump is not a savior as simple as some would like to package it, but he has aspects in his favor, especially if as a standing President. Be lots of 'Rico Act' prosecutions going on for some time. I think a greatly changed country would emerge.

and yea "If Trump Wins, Stocks will Drop 50%" 50% will have lost.. and the other 50% holding fiat money. You know the corruption may be so bad, a Coup may be planned (well maybe that's a little tin hatish)

May we live in interesting times..

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
32 topics on Above Top Secret, and 9 of them are Trump topics.

May we live in interesting times..

Your last sentence is the answer to your first sentence.

Times are changing, and we are all witnesses. It's good to discuss it. It will help us to deny ignorance and see what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Trump supporters need to seriously examine what a Trump Presidency might look like in terms of our financial status.

In making his bold call, Ian Winer first looks at Trump's proposal to cut taxes on the highest-earnings Americans and on corporations, which according to different sources, would reduce government revenue by something in the neighborhood of $10 trillion over the next decade.

On the spending side, Trump has promised to bulk up the military and bolster the country's infrastructure, which could lead to increased rather than reduced expenditures.

Concerning massive deportation and it's effect on the economy:

The second policy plan Winer analyzes is one of Trump's best known — his promised mass deportation of undocumented immigrants. Not only will this cost a great deal of money to carry out, but it would massively deplete America's labor supply, Winer said.

"If you assume that every one of the 11 million people leave, and for every one of those jobs an American takes it — which probably is not likely, but let's just say they do — they're going to be higher-wage jobs," Winer said. That would "cut into corporate margins, and at the end of the day, it's just going to result in higher prices for consumers when they go to Wal-Mart and when the go to buy things."

About his high tariff's on Imports:

Finally, Winer takes a look at the tariffs proposed by Trump on imports from China, Mexico and elsewhere.

"All this would do would be to raise prices on the poor," as it would directly increase the prices of goods, Winer wrote. "All it really does is impose a tax on U.S. consumers."

Some experts are even saying his proposed policies could cause a global recession.

Source: www.cnbc.com...

Some of his proposals sound pretty good until you begin to examine what they actually mean.

Of course they would drop!

And the ice caps will melt.

Hey, where did that trillion in shovel ready jobs go?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
The thing is they said the same thing before about cutting taxes bringing in less money. However, what happened was the revenue actually increased for the government. The reason is more paid their taxes and business was more likely to invest and expand while paying less taxes. There is always the same scare tactics used by the left or right. It is predictable to a degree what they are going to say.

I will say this, My feeling is Trump is much more likely to start a program of cutting out waste than the left. I have seen reports on how up to 10 agencies may be doing repetitive work that is just waste. You have employees that go to work and play on the computer all day because they have nothing to do. If this waste was cut out it would help pay for strengthening the military.

How Trump plans to have medical care for all is one thing I am concerned about. We already see the disaster Obamacare has wrought upon the people. How you can pay to cover everyone and bring any fiscal discipline to the bloated government is something I want to hear more about.

Drugs and medical equipment prices are outrageous, for one thing.

He could do something about that, he's said as much.

He will open the competition for insurance companies across state lines. It will drop prices right there.

As for the details? Will have to wait for more i guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Drugs and medical equipment prices are outrageous, for one thing.

He could do something about that, he's said as much.

He will open the competition for insurance companies across state lines. It will drop prices right there.

As for the details? Will have to wait for more i guess.

You don't have to sell me on the cost of medical care. After 23 major surgeries, 2 new years and 2 Christmases in the local Trauma 1 hospital I am paying out the yang every month for meds and doctors. Ridiculous. Over $1 million in surgery alone. Yea, I want to see some details.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

America is already in debt for trillions, i believe it's already 'Broke'.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Hazardous1408

America is already in debt for trillions, i believe it's already 'Broke'.

Technically, we owe about 65% of that debt to ourselves ... so unless we call our own note due, we'll probably be okay.

But I will grant, Mr. Trump apparently does understand bankruptcy proceedings better than most.

That might come in handy, if you're correct.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes, not to mention that College which they absolutely require of you for quality jobs never happens for many. Debt is the only thing you end up with, and i believe there was a thread about them arresting college students for not paying their debts. Will have to find that again.

The economy is a mess and inflation is being done on purpose to crash the system.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We'll find out soon enough won't we?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: jellyrev

There may be up to 30 millions illegals in the US by some estimates. 70% of hispanic immigrant households are on welfare

Perhaps you'd care to share the source of these "estimates?" If you can't back those figures up with relevant research, I can only assume you're at best repeating unsubstantiated claims you've heard before. The only thing I can really think that might come close is propaganda from CIS which has been thoroughly and I mean thoroughly debunked. I would be happy to do so again in this thread.

It amazing that somehow leftist side with luddites when concerning illegal immigration.

If you actually knew what Luddite meant, you'd realize how ironic that statement is.

The problem is...

No one knows the count.

10-30 mil, one answer is as correct as any other.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
the stock market is overvalued, and needs a bubble correction anyway.
Stocks may drop 50% without Trump

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Adobe bricks made in Mexico are the appropriate material.

Hi Xue. Adobe bricks? You think those are strong enough to hold out those hoards of foaming at the mouth rapists and murderers Trump is so afraid of? (They were here all morning cutting my grass and running weed-eaters and leaf blowers and I took them 7-ups and we cracked jokes). They neither raped nor murdered me.

Maybe bricks made from donkey dung?

You do know there will be no wall? We don't even NEED a wall. It's madness.

You hire illegals?

I think all the BS from DC would build a mile high wall, half way around the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes, not to mention that College which they absolutely require of you for quality jobs never happens for many. Debt is the only thing you end up with, and i believe there was a thread about them arresting college students for not paying their debts. Will have to find that again.

The economy is a mess and inflation is being done on purpose to crash the system.

I know, ya get 12yrs of free schooling and then have to pay for 4 or more to get a decent job.

So what does that say?

I think people should learn plenty in 12 yrs and be ready for a decent job.

But that would mean learning to read at about 1st grade.

In my day, we had the slow class and had people that skipped grades.
We had shop, auto mechanics, know how much an A/C refrigeration dude can make?
Should be ready to score a job right out of HS.

Not sure what goes on now a days.

It's a shame, really.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Good. The market is overinflated. I'm sick of bailouts. The economy hasn't been able to correct itself. Most importantly, I dont give a sh#% about the corrupt wall street J#ck#sS3s. Drop the market to where it needs to be. This is not bad.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join