It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK celebrity magician Paul Daniels dies at age 77.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Magician Paul Daniels has died aged 77, after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.
He was at his Berkshire home with wife Debbie McGee when he died in the early hours of Thursday.

Paul Daniels has been out of the limelight for some time now but when I was a kid he was prime time Saturday night TV for over a decade.

He was actually a very talented man all round.

RIP to another British institution.

edit on 17/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
:Really sad. So many talanted people from my childhood serm to be dying lately. Makes me realise I am no longer 21 although my head tells me different!

Feel sorry for his wife Debbie, they have been together for ever and always seemed to have a solid and happy marriage. She will find life really tough in coming months no doubt

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
used to love his magic tricks

RIP.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

R.I.P Paul Daniels.

I liked the fellow, not a lot, but he held my attention on a Saturday evening before the inception of the interweb.

edit on 17-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is it my imagination that some clever and funny people are dying and being replaced by shallow, puerile and vulgar celebrities who lack imagination.

I thought he was pretty good.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

R.I.P Paul Daniels.

I liked the fellow, not a lot, but he held my attention on a Saturday evening before the inception of the interweb.

Read this hours ago and still chuckling at it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Is it my imagination that some clever and funny people are dying and being replaced by shallow, puerile and vulgar celebrities who lack imagination.

I thought he was pretty good.

Did you like him.....

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Paul Daniels.

Well you can make your mind up what you thought of him. I did years ago.

Daniels stated that he had very little sympathy with the homeless since, in his words, "I was always trying to be best, to get ahead of the other guy. And I can't say why, I just knew I could ... I saw Peter Stringfellow on TV one time, and we both have a little, but not very much, sympathy for the homeless, because both of us came from very poor backgrounds, got off our arses and grafted".[3]

he tweeted that he did not consider the term "Paki" to bear racist connotations and accused those who held the opposite view of being excessively politically correc

He said that he had a "passionate" encounter with a schoolgirl hitch-hiker in 1969 when he was aged 30, though he ejected her from the car upon realising her age.[29][30] Following the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal in 2012, Daniels said that he now believed Jimmy Savile, who had worked at the BBC at the same time as him, was "a bad guy" but questioned whether some accusers were "for real".[30] Daniels had been a guest on Savile's episode of This Is Your Life in 1990. He was criticised by the NSPCC, and Mark Williams Thomas, the former child protection officer who had exposed Savile's crimes, accused Daniels of "belittling" the victims of Jimmy Savile in one of his blog posts.[29][30] The entry was later removed from the blog

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
he is being buried in one of these three coffins.....

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I heard a rumour that Debbie McGee wanted him to make the sex tape dissapear

woof woof
drownedinsound.com...

www.uk-skydiver.co.uk...

Howling with laughter

edit on 17/3/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

She's very fond of her Alsatian.

Well so was Hitler ! www.cpfc.org...

lmfao

forum.davidicke.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Paul Daniels was a great magician and the inspiration for many kids of the era to ask their parents for magic sets for Christmas , me included.
I agree his shows were great prime time family entertainment , his guest artists always impressed and I still to this day remember the late , great Hans Moretti.

At 77 he had a good innings , he will long be remembered by children of a certain generation.

RiP Paul , that was magic.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'll never forget as a kid he did a trick where he had to escape an iron maiden before a candle burnt down the rope. I remember the iron maiden slamming shut on him. I was in absolute terror and remember having to stay in my parents bed I was so scared by what I'd seen. I was 6 or 7 at the time. It wasn't a recent thing.

Mi do remember hearing him on the radio more recently and he didn't come across that well. Still RIP and thought go out to the lovelyDebbie McGee
edit on 19-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I have never heard of him i am younger and live in the US but may he RIP. The video you posted was so funny. I do not know how he talked so fast. He is great with the ball. Thank you for making me LOL!
edit on 19-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join