It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you given nascent iodine a shot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hey all, recently listening to an Alex Jones episode he mentioned nascent iodine so I decided to do some research and give it shot and I'm interested in hearing about some of your experience.

Here's some info on what I'm talking about..

www.globalhealingcenter.com...

ascent iodine is a supplemental form of iodine thought to be more safe and effective than potassium iodide. Nascent iodine holds an atomic form of iodine with an incomplete number of electrons, giving it a high electromagnetic charge. The body can seamlessly absorb and utilize nascent iodine for metabolic and detoxification processes, making it more effective as a supplement for the body.

I've read that it cleans fluoride out of your system, helps wth thyroid function, weight loss and everything else that comes with that, and protects from radiation.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

OK reading your link now. But a word of coution. Per WebMD.

"A type of rash called dermatitis herpetiformis: Taking iodine can cause worsening of this rash. Thyroid disorders, such as too little thyroid function (hypothyroidism), an enlarged thyroid gland (goiter), or a thyroid tumor: Prolonged use or high doses of iodine might make these conditions worse."

However WebMD has 404'D The info...

S&F πŸ‘

Edit: now I got to dig up my PDR and nursing pharmacological books. But since this is a supplement. It won't be listed. If I were you. I would what longer to see all the affects. So far all the reviews on Google shows promise.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hoping to get some good feedback I'm trying it either way but I'd love a normally functioning thyroid I think I've been low on thyroid function.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Are you having weight issues. Or growth?

Please be careful. But I respect your Trial By Fire. This stuff appears to have been around awhile now. You make good contributions here. When you start getting funny.. I'm taking it off youπŸ˜†

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Tired, heavier than normal, depression.

I was an athlete for a decade and I'm experiencing issues mentioned consistent with brain injuries typical with boxers and football players.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Kelp tablets... they are very inexpensive.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Have you tried it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Oh dear. A head injury. I take it you sought a doctor? Perhaps a neurologist or physiologist?
What you describe involves more than the thyroid. Depression is secondary to all you mentioned.

Hmm kelp tabs. Now I would try that.
www.herbwisdom.com...

In all honesty. A friend was feeling slow and gaining weight.
He started taking Chia Seeds. To help with the Gastrointestinal function. Along with 30 minutes once a day on an exercise bike. He lost 54 lbs. But to note. I encouraged less sugar drinks and more water.
Not sure if the Chia seeds helped too. But he feels good. More energy.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I took a kelp capsule every day for a week and started having a weird clicking feeling in my throat. I stopped taking it everyday and the clicking feeling stopped. Now I only take the kelp capsule once in a great while. From talking to my doctor, it seems my thyroid was having a reaction from too much iodine and that was from kelp, which is rich in iodine.
I would talk to a doctor about any supplementing with any iodine supplements. If your body doesn't need it, you most very likely shouldn't take it.
Here is a link to a site that discusses iodine and the type that was brought up in the OP. This site discusses many different things and the link is to a page that tells what the recommended daily allowances are and what foods are naturally rich in iodine,
Be well.
edit on 17-3-2016 by peppycat because: clarity

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: infolurker

Have you tried it.

I take one daily as an Iodine supplement. I got 2 bottles of 1,000 at the vitamin shoppe 2 for 1 special for like $10 or so.

1 tablet is 150% daily value of natural Iodine. They are quite inexpensive

www.vitaminshoppe.com...-Y8r_Q

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 TABLET

Servings Per Container 1000

IODINE - (FROM ATLANTIC KELP AND POTASSIUM IODIDE)

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

225 Mcg 150%

edit on 17-3-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thanks for your input.πŸ˜ΈπŸ‘

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Does it help you?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

How do you feel? Is it helping?

Onequestion beat me.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh Thank you for yours.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

How do you feel? Is it helping?

Onequestion beat me.

I feel fine. But I also take a bunch of other supplements. B complex, multi, D, C, Nac Detox Regulators, Serrapeptase, and DIM.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

When you first start taking it did you notice at all?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I mainly started to take it with B complex due to strange intermittent flutter feeling in my chest that went away when I took them. Not sure what did what but one or both took care of that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

DIM. .. you get nauseated?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I took a kelp capsule every day for a week and started having a weird clicking feeling in my throat. I stopped taking it everyday and the clicking feeling stopped. Now I only take the kelp capsule once in a great while. From talking to my doctor, it seems my thyroid was having a reaction from too much iodine and that was from kelp, which is rich in iodine.
I would talk to a doctor about any supplementing with any iodine supplements. If your body doesn't need it, you most very likely shouldn't take it.
Here is a link to a site that discusses iodine and the type that was brought up in the OP. This site discusses many different things and the link is to a page that tells what the recommended daily allowances are and what foods are naturally rich in iodine,
Be well.

Ah, I see.

I have a low sodium diet so I do not get much iodine from salt. I don't use table salt on anything. That is also why I gave it a try.
edit on 17-3-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

That flutter could be heart palpitations . Or Vfib..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join