It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you given nascent iodine a shot?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How are your kidneys? You get stones?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yes.

I actually HAVE the AJ stuff. It was given to me.

I take 4 drops every morning....and have for a while now.

I have noticed nothing. Nadda. Zip, zilch. It tastes like pennies mixed with seaweed.

My friend claims it gives him a mental boost and energy, but I have yet to notice either. B-vitamins don't do anything for me either. I can even get those shots and not feel a thing. I can still lay down, and fall asleep to nap.

I've tried the shots, sublingual, all forms and varieties in various combinations ... nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's because most vitamins are simply passed, not being absorbed then excreted.
Urine must smell fantastic.😅😆

Manganese does help with assimilation. ( resistance is futile ). Then a combo of vitamin D for calcium. But not much after that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: peppycat
I took a kelp capsule every day for a week and started having a weird clicking feeling in my throat. I stopped taking it everyday and the clicking feeling stopped. Now I only take the kelp capsule once in a great while. From talking to my doctor, it seems my thyroid was having a reaction from too much iodine and that was from kelp, which is rich in iodine.
I would talk to a doctor about any supplementing with any iodine supplements. If your body doesn't need it, you most very likely shouldn't take it.
Here is a link to a site that discusses iodine and the type that was brought up in the OP. This site discusses many different things and the link is to a page that tells what the recommended daily allowances are and what foods are naturally rich in iodine,
www.globalhealingcenter.com...
Be well.

Ah, I see.

I have a low sodium diet so I do not get much iodine from salt. I don't use table salt on anything. That is also why I gave it a try.
I just read on my bottle, one capsule is 240% daily value, which is probably too high for me personally to take every day.
I see from your post, yours is 150%, much lower and very likely safer to try. I always recommend talking to a doctor or someone well studied in herbs and supplements, because natural medicines/supplements can haves contradictions and or side effects. That's why I felt like sharing my experience with kelp supplements.
I also tend to recommend that people get as much nutrients from food sources because that is the safest and I'm not a certified expert, just a health junkie.
I actually started taking them for a shortcut to eating actual seaweed for cysts.
Every person is different, but if people find a natural solution that works for them all the better! Mother nature provides many, many things we can benefit from!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I have taken the kelp tablets, apart from being a little hard to swallow, they were just fine. Didn't experience anything funny. Iodine supplements are very important as bromide gets added to most breads these days. The receptors in your body that normally bind with iodine bind way better with bromide, although this does not contribute to the well-being of your body. So less bread and more shellfish should sort the problem out just fine.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Interesting topic

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It has done wonders for me. At 3 drops a day I have significantly better energy and focus. Ive tried hundreds of things over the years and this is in the top 1% in effectiveness for me.

I did feel sluggish from it for like the first 8 days...assuming from other things being flushed out of my thyroid. I am around 40. (Dont like giving my exact age online).

I found the survival shield x2 is way way better than old school iodine. Nascent > kelp derived potassium iodide. Havent tried other nascent brands.
edit on 17-3-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I'm hoping it does that for me too.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: pirhanna

I'm hoping it does that for me too.

Right now, im doing zinc, d3 and magnesium at night and the iodine in the morning for supplements. I have some immune system problems and this seems to be a good combo.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yeah as I said, I have the X2 or whatever it's called from some super-dooper secret deep well that AJ claims.

Nothing. No extra "energy". No mood changes. No weight changes. Nothing. I keep taking it so I can tell my friend that I gave it an honest try.

If you have energy problems, see a doctor about "shift sleep disorder".

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I have been taking X2 for a few months now. Me and my SO Made a new years resolution to get healthier. I take 3-4 drops daily. It has done wonders for me personally. The first time I took it I almost immediately felt different. It was like drinking a glass of water when ur not really thirsty but then realizing you were obviously getting dehydrated. I ha e begun to lose significant amount of weight and haven't really changed my eating habits at all.

After the first month I felt like maybe it was a placebo effect so I stopped to see what would happen. After just a few days I began feeling run down and lathargic again. Started taking it and that went away. I have tried lots of different things but this... this by far has helped me personally. I have gotten a few guys at work to start trying it and they have also noticed the changes.
edit on 17-3-2016 by akira131 because: on cell phone... not cooperating

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I tried Lugol's solution for a while. I just felt blah in general and thought maybe I needed an iodine supplement. I never noticed anything. Absolutely nothing. A couple years on down the road, I started taking some really good probiotics and that did wonders for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's embarrassing but I also have had a skin condition clear up after about a month. I used to get horrible ingrown hair especially on my face and they would not heal. That has almost entirely cleared up. It was so bad at times I would be reluctant to go out in public. I am so great full for this. It is a big boost for me personally.

All that being said my SO does not agree. She claims it does nothing for her but I also have to constantly give her a hard time to get her to keep up with what we are both supposed to be doing. She hasn't taken it more than a week combined since december.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Hey all, recently listening to an Alex Jones episode he mentioned nascent iodine so I decided to do some research and give it shot and I'm interested in hearing about some of your experience.

Here's some info on what I'm talking about..

www.globalhealingcenter.com...

ascent iodine is a supplemental form of iodine thought to be more safe and effective than potassium iodide. Nascent iodine holds an atomic form of iodine with an incomplete number of electrons, giving it a high electromagnetic charge. The body can seamlessly absorb and utilize nascent iodine for metabolic and detoxification processes, making it more effective as a supplement for the body.

I've read that it cleans fluoride out of your system, helps wth thyroid function, weight loss and everything else that comes with that, and protects from radiation.

Have you been tested for iodine deficiency?
If not, don't take it.

And how does it hold "an atomic form of iodine with an incomplete number of electrons" if it's in a solution????
Basic chemistry fail I'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join