It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Airlines 2016 total eclipse video...jaw dropping

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

I was suprised that no one posted this. So here it is. Ive seen a lot of total eclipse videos as well as experience the one in 1999 in Cornwall first hand, but this video really gives a good impression of exactly what is happening as well as show us just how narrow totality corridor is. You can see the edges of it left and right. (you would be pissed off if you were just to the left or right of that edge..haha)

You can almost see the volumetric shadow of the moon coming through the air. As i said...stunning video. One word of warning, and i cannot stress this enough.

PUT IT ON MUTE STRAIGHT AWAY. Trust me.

Good bit starts about 1min in

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

As an aside...i rcommend anyone who can travel to see one, go see one. At the risk of sounding like a hippy, it was the most primal thing i had ever experienced.

Yes, i knew what was happening, yes i knew the sun would come back but i still involuntarily shrunk a little inside at watching our source of life dissapear right in front of my eyes. I cant describe it, but i know everyone around me at te time felt the same. They all went quiet and the birds started acting weird. It was surreal and frightening and awe inspiring.

Cant wait to see my next one.

We take the sun for granted so much that to suddenly be so focused on it and to be aware of how it would feel to see it go is quite an experience.

edit on 14-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Cool. I saw Hale Bopp comet while on an air plane back in 1997. Beautiful.

Our universe is awe inspiring. Makes you realize how insignificant we are in the scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wow, awesome, thanks for posting! I've never seen an eclipse video like this before...hmm, maybe I've never seen any eclipse videos. ::runs off to find more::

The only solar eclipse I remember experiencing in person (I'm assuming it was a partial) was in grade school. It got darker and a bit cooler for a little while. I wish I had realized the relative rarity of the event at the time. There's a total solar eclipse scheduled to be dead-center on target for Chicago in 2099. I hope Kurzweil is right so cybernetic me can witness it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

He sounds eerily like double rainbow dude!

Amazing footage though

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"Oh my gawd look at that!"

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Wow, awesome, thanks for posting! I've never seen an eclipse video like this before...hmm, maybe I've never seen any eclipse videos. ::runs off to find more::

The only solar eclipse I remember experiencing in person (I'm assuming it was a partial) was in grade school. It got darker and a bit cooler for a little while. I wish I had realized the relative rarity of the event at the time. There's a total solar eclipse scheduled to be dead-center on target for Chicago in 2099. I hope Kurzweil is right so cybernetic me can witness it.

Partial eclipses are cool as are lunar ones, but they cant compare to a total one. Over a minute it goes from daylight to just before dusk or just after dawn. Its crazy. But partial ones are still awesome to see, especially at sunset

www.google.co.uk...

Check out the annular eclipse, when the moon is a bit further away:

www.google.co.uk... bm=isch&q=annular+eclipse

Also, im not sure if you are aware that the earth is the only planet that currently has perfect total eclipses. Where the ratio of the distance and size is just right. Its not some divine plan of course, just amazing coincidence. In a few hundered thousand years, the moon will be too far away to give us perfect eclipses.

link   
that was an awesome video ! S+F

I just wish I had read your instructions better about hitting the mute button ! Although he was really funny

I swear that guy must have been having a coronal mass ejaculation

link   

originally posted by: Discotech

He sounds eerily like double rainbow dude!

Amazing footage though

ALL RAINBOWS ARE DOUBLE RAINBOWS!

joke

But they are

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiratron

I warned you! LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Cool. I saw Hale Bopp comet while on an air plane back in 1997. Beautiful.

Our universe is awe inspiring. Makes you realize how insignificant we are in the scheme of things.

I remember walking out of my parents house in central london and looking up and seeing Hale Bopp for the first time. I didnt even know it was up there.

There was a gorgeous comet right there in the sky visible in the middle of a city. Another moment i will never ever forget. Which is why i was so excited and dissapointed by ISON. Hale Bopp was so beautiful.

CX

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A lovely vid, thanks for sharing.

Next time someone advises to mute the vid...i must take it.....if i'd had just had sound on, i'd have thought he was doing something else!

CX.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Great video for sure!

Sadly the whole time all I could think of was DUDE, STFU!!!!
Someone should of bopped that guys head off the window and finished the recording for him. Then he could enjoy it when he wakes up.
Moron!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I warned you! LOL
I t was a cool video though, thanks for the share. Oh my GAWD!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

x1000 LOL

It is a good video though.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hey, that video need MUTE yes, but we can understand how zealous and euphoric one can get, if something like this happens :0)

Have seen 2 partial and one full eclipse (on ground level) and mostly impressed how nature silences at that moment, like death dominates.

Thinking this may could be 1999 or so at Paris, when eclipse got me and my companions without notice. We just walking on streets, one routless exploring trip, when seeing people gathering in groups and staring upwards. So we asking what going on and then rushing into the nearest record shop, buying random CD discs for protection and on right time back to street.

So, looking eclipse... this is like ordinary science happening, very interesting, but like always, i was thinking. Till falling off on to the edge of the sidewalk :0D So, THEN i experiencing MAGIC moment: everyone, literally every person on sight, but only not me, was completely busy observing. There was a total silence middle of Paris, no walking, no cars, no talking. People standing still everywhere, middle of the road.... traffic lights are blinking, but no movement. Trade shops and also all house doors are open, windows mostly open and people, all of them stay very still and staring up, nothing moves. Get darker and darker, traffic lights dominate for my perception, this was so impressive and unfamiliar, im was my hands in the streets and cannot breathe.

So, next episode - all people starts murmuring and running around, appears a lot of autos who signaling and magical moment was over. But this is what i remember and wanna do some next time - mostly interesting is observe environment when eclipse happening ;0)
edit on 14-3-2016 by SaddledMummy because: some obvious typos, but im sorry my poor language skill - i just do not know how to spell right

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

As an aside...i rcommend anyone who can travel to see one, go see one. At the risk of sounding like a hippy, it was the most primal thing i had ever experienced.

Yes, i knew what was happening, yes i knew the sun would come back but i still involuntarily shrunk a little inside at watching our source of life dissapear right in front of my eyes. I cant describe it, but i know everyone around me at te time felt the same. They all went quiet and the birds started acting weird. It was surreal and frightening and awe inspiring.

We take the sun for granted so much that to suddenly be so focused on it and to be aware of how it would feel to see it go is quite an experience.

This sick explanation has me wanting to see a solar eclipse even more! That sounds bad A.

I heard the airline planned this in advance, delaying the flight so they could get that view at the right time .

Its too bad the excitable dude will forever be associated Lol. I don't get it, I am pretty sure most of us would react with mostly silent awe.

Maybe that guy didn't expect it and was thinking apocalypse.

edit on 14-3-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaddledMummy

Hey, that video need MUTE yes, but we can understand how zealous and euphoric one can get, if something like this happens :0)

Have seen 2 partial and one full eclipse (on ground level) and mostly impressed how nature silences at that moment, like death dominates.

Thinking this may could be 1999 or so at Paris, when eclipse got me and my companions without notice. We just walking on streets, one routless exploring trip, when seeing people gathering in groups and staring upwards. So we asking what going on and then rushing into the nearest record shop, buying random CD discs for protection and on right time back to street.

So, looking eclipse... this is like ordinary science happening, very interesting, but like always, i was thinking. Till falling off on to the edge of the sidewalk :0D So, THEN i experiencing MAGIC moment: everyone, literally every person on sight, but only not me, was completely busy observing. There was a total silence middle of Paris, no walking, no cars, no talking. People standing still everywhere, middle of the road.... traffic lights are blinking, but no movement. Trade shops and also all house doors are open, windows mostly open and people, all of them stay very still and staring up, nothing moves. Get darker and darker, traffic lights dominate for my perception, this was so impressive and unfamiliar, im was my hands in the streets and cannot breathe.

So, next episode - all people starts murmuring and running around, appears a lot of autos who signaling and magical moment was over. But this is what i remember and wanna do some next time - mostly interesting is observe environment when eclipse happening ;0)

Thats sounds cool, but i think you may be remembering it wrong as Paris didnt get totality and even a 90% total eclipse doesnt dim the light by much.

i suspect that most people did know it was going to happen and stopped to watch it. They made quite a big deal about it on the radio and tv since we get so few this way. I know that happened in london where there was only 90% totality and it certainly didnt get dark from the images ive seen.

Can i ask, were you fairly young? That would explain the memory vs reality of what you experienced.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

This sick explanation has me wanting to see a solar eclipse even more! That sounds bad A.

I heard the airline planned this in advance, delaying the flight so they could get that view at the right time .

Its too bad the excitable dude will forever be associated Lol. I don't get it, I am pretty sure most of us would react with mostly silent awe.

Maybe that guy didn't expect it and was thinking apocalypse.

I dunno, Americans like to talk lots during amazing events. Its infuriating. I can tell you that most people in the UK that were on that headland with us were quiet. How could you not be? I was almost on my knees in tears at the beauty of it. In fact, screw it, i'll admit it, i got a few tears in my eyes. Id waited for that day for 6 years and as it happened, i was dating a girl whos mother lived right in the path of it.

Spend the money, go see one. You will not regret it. This is what life is about in my opinion, seeing things like this.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If I ever get to experience an eclipse like this, a once in a lifetime (or not at all for some) opportunity and the guy next to me was carrying on like this dimwit muppet I'd smack him right in the gob.
It would be an intense moment of reflection, powerful, and to make the entire moment all about yourself with a captive audience on that plane that can't get away from his uncontrollable mouth spewing at full unrelenting volumes is the absolute worst display of utter rudeness and contempt for every one else but himself....

OH MY GAWD he ruined my whole morning now!

(awesome video though!)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join